Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI

Go down 
+15
hunterbear
MaiKitty
skato
hazelq
miyu
masy
fosse
Twind
PATTINA
panther
ilica
ostile17
let`s talk
Shyla
Leode
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 4:52 pm

^Thank you Twind. Lovely commentary indeed!
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:17 am

Miyu:  I wanted to let you know that I finally watched the performances you recommended (2012 JN FP, 2012 WTT FP and 2011 NHK SP) and I love them all so thank you for suggesting them!

Just when I've watched one and thought "this is the best"... I will see another one and think the same thing.  I've come to the conclusion that I can't pick a favourite because they are all so dynamic and I really love them all.
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 am

Dai after his FS and Morozov voodoo from fan camera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDsovmLRExs

Good job, Rascals! cheers  cheers  cheers
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:10 am

Thanks for providing that ilica!  I was so nervous as I watched Morozov because I could feel his tension emoting through the screen.  It also made me sad just hearing that music but I loved how many fans threw flowers and stuffed animals, at Dai, as he made his way to the Kiss and Cry.

Great job and huge thanks to the person that filmed this!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am

ilica thank you for link and thanks so much to the Rascal who did it.

Morozov was so involved...he and Utako sensei knew so well how hard skating was for Daisuke and their faces show well how they were troubled more for Dai's health that for placing.

All the gifts people threw to Dai-chan!! How loved he is..and how he tried to catch as more as he could, although he was tired after hard performance and maybe he only wanted to sit down at K&C.

Dai is always lovely and his sweet smile while sitting at K&C melts my heart once again.  I love you 

Have you all a sweet Dai-day!  flower 

Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Thank you ilica, for the link!!  bounce 

I'm so thankful for whoever giving up watching Daisuke's performance to catch this instead for the fans who want to see every detail of every aspect about this performance of that night...

It is so comforting to watch all the warm care and love from Nikolai, Utako sensei and all the crowd.  I love you  

(Never imagined to see the day Nikolai's voodoo ritual would make me this happy!  Laughing )

Is this the last time seeing Nikolai and Dai together like this? Probably...

Seeing smiling Dai at K&C of this FS always makes me cry. Dai-chan. Otsukare sama. Arigato.

Thank you again!  Smile
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:36 pm

ilica wrote:
Dai after his FS and Morozov voodoo from fan camera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDsovmLRExs

Good job, Rascals! cheers  cheers  cheers

Beautiful video, thank you ilica!
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:18 am

Beautiful montage of Dai and team Japan in Sochi. We have seen most of the photos already but it is nice
to see them again in sequential order. Thank you so much to the up-loader!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wViiDJxltg
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Shyla, thank you for link and thanks a lot to up-loader  sunny sunny 

It's great to start a day with plenty of Daiwonderful beauty  drunken drunken drunken 

Back to top Go down
hunterbear
1A
1A
hunterbear

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:56 pm

New interview. It's short but worth to watch Sad
I love his team. They're so nice and so lovely with each other. Dai's friends are so nice and caring I love you .

Yesterday I watched his short interview after Japan National, and he tried to not cry, try to hold all the pain. That night he finished in 5th after FS performance. Yes, he fell. But with me, it's one of my favourite moments of Daisuke. I fall in love with him after watched this FS. Even he fell, but he still touched my heart. Maybe it's his magic.
And yes thank google to help me find more attractive stuff about him, like this Embarassed  :

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 3NJif

or this Embarassed 

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 7ifPj

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 7f25604b-7d17-4f8c-86a3-a63f2b7046ea

Have a nice day everyone  sunny   cheers

Last edited by hunterbear on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 12:44 am

^Dai dancing in spike heels who would have thought??????
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:29 am

Hi Every one, Long time no see.

Thank you so much, hunterbear for uploading dai's brand new interview.
I cried again. Can anyone see this with out tears?

It just brought me back to the precious moment that I shared at Iceburg arena with one of our beloved member Ostile 17. When Dai started the last step sequence, there was a huge cheer from the crowd that you can listen from this video.

One thing I just want you all to know is that cheers to Daisuake was much much bigger than Japanese TV made out to be. We, Daisuke fans turned iceberg irena into Yoyogi stadium for sure.

I sat very close to three of Dai's best friends from Kansai university. After this performace, they were all in tears. Of course, I was wailing too, thinking back all those hard years that Dai went through. He said that he wanted to show gratitude to fans and coaches who have supported him all along. I though it was rather us who really wanted to show gratitude to him, who never has forgotten audience and continued to show true beauty that far exceeds the realm of sports.

Thank you , Dai-chan. Wishing you the swift recovery and do not forget that we will continue to support you and cheer for you forever.

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:38 am

Genki...so long without you!! Glad to read your post again!

As usual, your words are so warm and full of love for Dai-chan. Thank you for sharing those precious moments we all keep in our hearts for ever.

We know well how loud and loud Captain Ostile and Rascals shouted in Iceberg arena. Thank you for supporting Dai with all our love.

hunterbear, thank you for video. Never tired of Dai-stuff sunny

Shyla wrote:
^Dai dancing in spike heels who would have thought??????

Never seen that pic before? I have always wondered who is the owner of the shoes Question Laughing
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:54 am

Hunterbear, thank you for the video! I love you  So much sad beauty... What amazing clips of Dai practicing and performing BM! But his sad eyes at the end are killing me...  
So thanks for also including the instant-mood-improve pictures! Very Happy   

Genki - so good to see you here again! cheers
You, Rascals, did wonderful job in Sochi! Thank you!!!  flower

Last edited by ilica on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:58 am

Pattina, thanks a lot.

After I came back from Russia. I became so tired. I took everything that Dai went through just like one of my family members did. Injury, in November, excruciatingly sad interview on Nationals and that stupid Samuragouch incidents. It really pours when it rains. Is that an English expression that fits this situation?

I also heard from many places how much he struggled before the nationals and he felt that he was his wit's end. It was also rumored that his knee condition was not clearing up as a doctor suggested . Dai must have been under so much pressure not knowing how he will be able to skate in the olympic. That is the reason why that Oda burst into tears in one of the TV interview after free program, saying," I was so worried , because I saw you struggling in the Kandai rink. "

Dai also confessed to Chai-san that he was like the thread that was extended so much that it broke.
When I read that blog, I could not keep my self bursting into tears again.
The fact is that things were much worse than we thought at the time of Olympic.

Yet, Dai finished his programs with such a beautiful smile without making any major errors. I can not believe that he was able to extend that much of love to everybody in the area on that night. I felt that I was embraced with such a warm and loving feeling and I am sure that all other rascals felt the same way that I did. Their tears were proof of it. It was just like his skating was telling ," Thank you. Thank you and I love you."

I heard that Dai currently feels that he has completely burnt out. I feel it is ok for Dai chan to feel that way, because he did the best he could under that harsh condition. No matter what he chooses to do in the future, I will continue to support him and cheer for him. Can I take all of you with me???

Thanks.

Genki
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:21 am

Genki wrote:
No matter what he chooses to do in the future, I will continue to support him and cheer for him. Can I take all of you with me???

Thanks.

Genki

Of course!!! Don't even ask!
I've got an amount of crushes on men(boys) in my life, but with Dai-chan - it is something much different - he is so close to me, that I don't even know what to call this...
I will always support him!

And thank you Genki so much for your beautiful posts and unending support for Dai! flower
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks, Illica. flower 
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Hello Genki nice to hear from you. Thank you for your lovely posts and sorry for
your sad feelings about Dai. I think we all were a little sad and concerned about Dai's
condition before Olympics. I know I was. When I heard that he was bringing a doctor
along with him to Sochi for his knee I knew it was serious. I tried to keep the seriousness
of this situation out of my thoughts so that I would only be sending positive energy to
Dai. It is a miracle that he skated so well given his condition. I think the gods helped him
for sure. Yes Genki to me Dai is like a beloved nephew who I care deeply about.

Thank you and the rasacls for cheering loudly for Dai. Up thread there is a fan video of Dai after
his FS and we can hear you all very clearly. On the US TV we did not see all the gifts and flowers
that were thrown for Dai or hear the loud cheers either. It was nice to see the fan video
and know that he was appreciated by the audience.

@fosse-Thank you for the new article.
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Thank you, Genki for your beautiful post.  I love you 

I'm one of the aunties who're still sad and hurt though this can't be compared with Dai's pain. Now I accept it and will carry and cherish this sadness all through because, it won't go away anyway and after all, it is the proof of his great dedication, especially for the last three years, and how much he grabbed our hearts and make us feel that his wish as our own.

Shyla wrote:

When I heard that he was bringing a doctor along with him to Sochi for his knee I knew it was serious. I tried to keep the seriousness of this situation out of my thoughts so that I would only be sending positive energy to Dai. It is a miracle that he skated so well given his condition. I think the gods helped him for sure. Yes Genki to me Dai is like a beloved nephew who I care deeply about.

Shyle, I remember you mentioned your concern and oh, how much I tried to deny that in my heart! But you were right.

The more I found about how his condition was around Nationals and before Sochi, the more I got amazed with how well he skated at the Iceberg Palace considering. Thank you Daisuke, for your warm, brave, heartfelt message of love and gratitude on the ice in Sochi!

I'm so glad that he could hear the rascals. One of my friends told me that even through the evil Japanese broadcasting, before and after his performances it sounded like Japan Nationals with all the cheers.  sunny 

Thank you fosse, for the Sankei Express article!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Dear friends, all your words moved me. They are so warm and full of concern and love for Dai-chan.

Daisuke is so near to my heart. I can’t explain myself properly using a foreing language, but you know what I mean.

Dai is brave and I believe he has the strong will to return to competition to end his career with a high note,  but…could his body bear heavy strains of intensive training on jumps?  Sad  Sad 

In my heart I am not ready to let him go, of course, I’m so selfish.

Anyway, knowing how much pain he suffered from end November through Nationals and Sochi…and maybe he is still experiencing….. I'd rather feel sad looking at fs competitions without him than watching Dai skating in pain. This would destroy me.

So, whatever his decision is, of course I will go on supporting and loving him together with you, friends, because Daisuke has given all himself to us with no limits and this is the only way we have to thank him properly.

I miss Dai’s smile….(my screenshot from latest documentary - hope you like it)

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 Tc5q

Last edited by PATTINA on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:26 pm

Twind wrote:
I'm one of the aunties who're still sad and hurt though this can't be compared with Dai's pain. Now I accept it and will carry and cherish this sadness all through because, it won't go away anyway and after all, it is the proof of his great dedication, especially for the last three years, and how much he grabbed our hearts and make us feel that his wish as our own.

You made me cry again Twind. Such a wonderful post.

Anyway, here's his recent documentary. " Soul of Athlete."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGB-0ctGmjM&feature=share&list=UUhEswYlGdfGA2W4m85T_J9w&index=2

It says only for three days. So enjoy while you can.
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 11:06 pm

To all Dai’s long term fans:
Thank you for the continuous updates.  They are all so much appreciated more than you could know.  I have also been sad lately as the Worlds approach and the thought of us not being able to see him skate again at this event has me feeling so wistful.  I realize that if I, as a new fan, am feeling this way your feelings must be magnified intensely having followed him for so many years and my heart goes out to all of you.

I am holding onto the hope that he will return to competition when he is physically able to.  His therapist mentioned in an interview that Dai likes the pressure that comes along with competing.  So, for now, I am hoping he is getting all the rest and treatments that will eventually bring him back to us.

I mentioned in another post that I had read an article that stated “he never ran out of steam” in his FS at Sochi.  His final pose was so strong and powerful and he was one of the few that evening that didn’t look exhausted throughout his performance even ‘though he should have been due to his injury.  I am in awe of his strength and determination and something tells me he is also not ready to let go, just yet, because he possesses that fighter’s instinct.

I never thought I would say this but I’m looking at Plushenko as my inspiration to get through this.  He’s much older than Dai and still appeared on the ice in Sochi so miracles do happen.  As Shyla and Pattina said it was a miracle that Dai was able to perform with his injuries throughout many competitions prior to, and including Sochi, so let’s hope and pray that another big miracle is just around the corner for Dai and he will once again be wowing the world as only he can.
Back to top Go down
jesse.h
1A
1A

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:03 am

PATTINA wrote:

Daisuke is so near to my heart. I can’t explain myself properly using a foreing language, but you know what I mean.

PATTINA, I would use exactly the same words.  So - yes, of course.I love you
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:35 am

Hi Dancinggirl and jesse.h.

Sorry for the belated welcome to the board. You guys are actually talked about in Japanese media that there are some foreign fans who joined the fan guru after watching Dai's sochi program. Great job!!

It is so unusual that people will become a fan of a skater, when that skater is only placed 6th. Very Happy 
But that what Dai-chan's skate can do. He really draws people into the program, and touches your soul at the deepest point. Yeah!!

Anyway, here's heat warming episode of Dai's words to Akiko who was totally exhausted after Olympic and almost decided to withdraw from the world.

Dai said to her. " Everybody is waiting for you. Winning the medal is one thing, but what everybody is really waiting to see is your skate. All the fans wants to see your last skate in Japan as your final performance as an amateur."
It was after these heart felt words from Dai that Akiko decided to skate once more at the worlds.
Dai also said to her," Skate for me."

https://youtu.be/IgdVEScFeA0

For new fans, I really want you to know that the reason they we feel Dai is really special is just not because of his skating.
He is the person filled with so much gentleness and kindness to other skaters as well as people around him.
Episodes like above were so many that I can not introduce everything to you.
But I am so happy and hounoured to share my love and supports with those wonderful new fans.

Again welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next