Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI

Go down 
+15
hunterbear
MaiKitty
skato
hazelq
miyu
masy
fosse
Twind
PATTINA
panther
ilica
ostile17
let`s talk
Shyla
Leode
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
jesse.h
1A
1A

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-02-28

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 am

Genki, thank you for welcoming! and for the info on Akiko. That’s Dai, finds best words for everyone  drunken  except himself Sad.  

You are so right. When I think of Dai, first word is sunshine. ☀There can be different stages and periods in his life but even during the hardest times the light is there – like his smile on Nationals when In My Life started playing. Those three days were heartbreak, but that moment is a treasure.
So when Daisuke said he didn’t quite remember what he thought in K&C after Sochi FS, I could answer him: “That was your soul shining through”. I love you

Hope that in due time he will also hear from someone the most right words that’ll inspire him and give him the peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi Genki.  Thank you so much for the welcome, kind words and lovely posts.   As for your funny comment (which I loved) ”it is so unusual that people will become a fan of a skater, when that skater is only placed 6th”.  I believe he placed #1 for me and no one can ever tell me otherwise.

It’s amusing if it is true that the Japanese media is aware of his foreign fans and I sure hope that Dai himself, somehow, somewhere knows that his powerful performances in Sochi were so impactful that he’s gained many new followers around the world.  Some on this forum and others who aren’t voicing it in public and, best of all, no medal required.

It is quite a victory, in itself, because we weren’t willing to jump on the bandwagon of the new Olympic medalists nor the representatives of our own countries.  We simply chose to follow the best who grabbed our hearts at the beginning of his first skate.

I love his words to Akiko.  It’s the sign of true friendship and loyalty which are often qualities that are hard to find.  She’s very lucky to have a friend like him and it is definitely these qualities that make him even more captivating to his faithful fans who never doubt him even when he doubts himself.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks for your lovely posts,jesse h and Dancing girl

Dancinggirl wrote:
It’s amusing if it is true that the Japanese media is aware of his foreign fans and I sure hope that Dai himself, somehow, somewhere knows that his powerful performances in Sochi were so impactful that he’s gained many new followers around the world.

Japanese media as a matter of fact is not only aware that we exist but they are very curious about us. I heard a rumor that some TV station may want to talk to some of our members even.

Anyway, I am so happy to know that there are lot of people who are moved by his performance at Sochi. It is so unfortunate that current judging system has too emphasis on jumping only.
Who remembers just jumps in figure skating? People remember and talk about programs again and again that captivate their souls and minds, like, Bolero by T/D, East of Eden, by Michael, Winter by Yagudin. Man, I can not stop complaining about judging these days!! Should stop here.

Have a nice dai day Very Happy bounce cheers 
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:24 am

Hi Genki.  That is wonderful that the media might talk to some of you and you will get the message out that Dai is still, and always will be, the best to so many of us in the world.  I was not even a skating fan prior to Sochi but have taken the time to research his old programs.

I agree about those darn jumps!  They are only a one or two second moment in a program of grace that by the end of the performance, in Dai's case, I've forgotten an error because he manages to transport us to a whole other level.  At Sochi, in particular, Dai was one of the very few that managed not to fall which should have added bonus points (in my opinion) as it was a splat-fest with most of the male skaters.  How he managed to stay upright, with his serious injury, astonishes me.

I'm so envious that you and Ostile were able to see it live!  I've been curious about what time it actually was when Dai was on the ice for both his SP and FS so I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.  Although, perhaps you were too busy at the time to look at your watch.  I know I wouldn't have been checking the time.  Too much excitement and anticipation.

I'm so glad I found this forum because everyone is so kind.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:33 am

Genki wrote:
People remember and talk about programs again and again that captivate their souls and minds, like, Bolero by T/D, East of Eden, by Michael, Winter by Yagudin.

Allow me to go OT: I'd like to add John Curry, a true dancer on blades. Indeed as a kid he wanted to start ballet lessons, but his dad forced him to do sport and he choose figure skating. Here is his Free at 1976 Innsbruck Olympic Games. No emphasis on jumps, just an endless flow of elements - jumps included - one into another...a masterpiece. He won gold medal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79TMsYRnEc

They have different styles, of course, anyway Daisuke has the same appeal, the same power to draw audience into a program just with his moving on ice.

Genki, Dancergirl and jesse.h thank you for sharing your lovely posts on Daisuke, so full of love and attention.

jesse.h, I love your words about Dai's soul shining through....I love you  Thank you.

Have you all a nice Dai day  flower
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:09 am

Hi Pattina.  Thanks for yet another lesson in skating.  It was a great performance and I see what you mean about John Curry's style being similar to Dai's artistry.  It's a shame that his father didn't encourage his passion for ballet but at least he was able to incorporate it into his program.  I am sure if John was still with us he would also appreciate Dai's unique creativity.
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 4:51 am

Hi Everyone.  I found these 2 videos from Sochi.

Dai before his SP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIUsHOOme3c

Dai's FS Practice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-5CqCSHEc

I hope it brings back warm memories.
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Thank you Dancergirl I missed your last post.
I enjoyed them both very much.  Very Happy 

Dai's smiles in Sochi

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23125379

“Give a hug to your happiness

I want you to smile more

Feel the joy of living as ever

Always giving it your best, your smile shines

To make another’s day brighter”
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 11:03 pm

Thank you Dancergirl and Genki, I never get tired of watching our Dai-chan!
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:53 am

Twind & Shyla:  Glad you enjoyed the videos.  I still often watch his Sochi performances as I'm able to watch my recordings of them on TV.  His elegance on ice still astonishes me and I never get tired of seeing them.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Dancergirl, thanks for videos. Bittersweet memories indeed....but how lovely to see Dai-chan getting ready and focusing on his performance.  I love you 

Twind, thanks for video of lovely Dai's smiles and thanks for translation.

Talking about smiles....Dai in Sochi with Elene Gedevanishvili (thanks to Elene and DTRtS for info)

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 IIuEgiz
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 4:04 am

^Awww cute photo. Love Elene's hat.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:24 pm

The One and The Only Captain at Sochi Team Event K&C after Tatsuki's and Akiko's performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBVx456x0o&feature=youtu.be

How lovely  drunken  drunken  drunken 

Thanks to uploader and thanks to ireni for sharing  http://ireni.tumblr.com/
 cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Dai-chan, in my life I love you more  I love you
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 1:46 am

Thank you for taking the time to provide these links, Let's Talk. I enjoyed them VERY much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20