Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice

Go down 
+19
Twind
miyu
TwisterSister
Leode
Genki
Shyla
nipponophile
fosse
Osan
Chris
let`s talk
MaiKitty
Gudrun
Kyelor
ostile17
Julian Williams
panther
hsuhs
anne-marie
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
anne-marie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-09

world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice Empty
PostSubject: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:10 pm

http://www.worlds2012.fr/index.php/billetterie-2/
Have you bought your tickets ? I did
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi, anne-marie Very Happy

I kind of did. I spent hours on the site, trying to buy those tickets, yesterday. I ended up with -- what I think -- bad but pricey all event seats in the South section of the arena. I don't even know where those seat are, and if the payment is received, because the credit card still isn't charged and the ticket selling people ignore my emails. I did have a kind of automatic confirmation email though.

I wanted to give up halfway so badly, but we already had our flights and hotel booked. On the top of all that, I read elsewhere there is a text about photography not being allowed printed on the tickets? (not sure about that since I haven't seen my tickets yet)

It's the first and the last time I'm going to a figure skating event held in France.
Back to top Go down
anne-marie
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:18 pm

It was very difficult yesterday because it was the first day and everyone was on a hurry to buy the tickets ... finally I print my tickets myself, it was a choice... I know my seats numbers but it is not possible to verify them on the map!
don't worry, certainly the payment will appear pretty soon on your bank account.
I have to check my tickets, but it is usual that photographies with flashes are not allowed while the skaters are competing
I have just bought for the dance et men events.... I spent a lot of money this year (Bompard, Nice and London 2012)...
Hope you will enjoy Nice , a beautiful city, and the championships
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:32 pm

anne-marie wrote:
I have to check my tickets, but it is usual that photographies with flashes are not allowed while the skaters are competing

If it's only flash they object, what a relief. I never flash when the skaters skate.

anne-marie wrote:
Hope you will enjoy Nice , a beautiful city, and the championships
I've been to France a couple of times, to different places. I enjoyed going there every single time. Me and hubby even drove through Nice once (without stopping), many years ago.

But the way the Worlds sales are organized, it's beyond belief. It's VERY frustrating not knowing whether I have those tickets or not.
Back to top Go down
anne-marie
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 pm

you are right : I check the ticket and it is forbidden to photography the events...but I 'll do it without flash of course.
Back to top Go down
panther
1A
1A
panther

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:28 pm

I bought tickets on the Internet, they must come by mail - this is certainly a risk. But I hope I'll get them safely.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:06 pm

anne-marie wrote:
you are right : I check the ticket and it is forbidden to photography the events...but I 'll do it without flash of course.

Thank you for the confirmation, anne-marie! sunny

I don't understand what are the legal grounds for forbidding fan photography, in a public event in Europe. And how are they going to do it? Remove all mobile phones and cameras people bring with them? Mission impossible.

The credit card is charged, finally. I read elsewhere I can't print my all-event tickets, have to pick them up at the box office.

And now round 2: I'm going through the same with my gala tickets.

ETA: I'm writing a nice lengthy complaint to Chambre de commerce of Nice right now. I don't expect much coming out of this, but I felt I needed to do something.

ETA 2: Well, looks like complaining via the official site contact form worked, I finally received an email from the seller (you know, the one at commande@labilletterie.eu). Their reply didn't contain any useful information, but at least they showed some signs of life.

ETA 3: They now promise to put a normal seats-chart on the site, asap. But other than that, haven't done anything useful so far.

ETA 4: They finally redirected my email to someone with a hotmail.com (!) email address, who told me not to worry, because I have seats in the middle of section North, and I can pick them up at the box office starting March 26.

The problem is, I never ordered tickets in section North and don't want to collect them at the box office.

ETA 5: Wrote ISU about this mess. Yes, I know that's a complete waste of time.

ETA 6: The person with hotmail email address agreed to upgrade my Pass Cat 1 All events, to Pass Carré Or Tribune East. I'm willing to pay more for better seats. They'll be calling me tomorrow morning to discuss the options.

I emailed the arena plan to them.
http://www.ffsg.org/actus_infos/documents/1112/offre/worlds_nice_2012_plan.pdf

Not sure it will help though.

ETA 7: It's past noon. The ticket people haven't called (of course?). No nice 'we'll do everything we can' emails either.

ETA 8: They've finally called, and explained where my new seats were located, and will mail my Passes Carré Or in the next few days. I'll believe, when I have them.

ETA 9: The site's updated the seats chart (click on the zoom when you open the chart). And you can actually see what seats you're buying and decide whether you want them, or not. Took only 4 days to make this possible.

ETA 10: my tickets haven't arrived yet (6 days past the date of purchase), and now I read on another forum, they are going to charge everyone including those with all-event passes 20 euro per person per official practice. Is this event going to be the greediest Worlds in the world?

ETA 11: as of 13th October, still no tickets. Sent an email to The French Ministry for Health, Youth and Sport. Yeah, I know, got too much time to waste.

ETA 12: Got an email (all in French) from the seller (probably as a result of complaining through the official site, because I don't write the seller any longer) assuring me my all-events will arrive soon, not saying when, though.

ETA 13: Got a reply from the ministry saying I should use this form if I have a comment about sports:
http://www.sports.gouv.fr/spip.php?page=contact
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:38 pm

I got my all event passes today, per registered mail. They are plastic cards an exact size of a credit card, with barcodes.

There's no mention of fan photography prohibition on them, but that doesn't mean it's allowed, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Julian Williams
1A
1A

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:56 am

We bought tickets. East side all events - No idea what numbers the seats are!

But when we came to pay and had to give our country we could not find the UK, or Angleterre, or Grande Britannia. So we had to make our address Narberth, Pembrokeshire, Great Britain, Japon!

Very odd. Hopefully they will notice it is odd too. I have emailed them.

My wife is very pleased to hear about your online link this weekend. By chance we are away that weekend which is a disappointment for her because she would have enjoyed watching
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:39 am

Julian, oh that's great!

You will receive a confirmation email (most probably in French, but you can translate it using google translate) soon, but I think you did a right thing when you emailed them about the address details. In my opinion it's important they tell you what seats you've bought and when they mail your tickets to you, and also to make sure they mail the tickets to the right address (I hope you chose 'receive per registered mail' option).

All events will give you an access to the official practices, which are also fun to see.

If something goes wrong, keep complaining via the official site (fill in the contact form), it's the only way to get things done.

And regarding this weekend, ah there will be plenty of videos of Daisuke on youtube afterwards.
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Edited because I'm slow: found what I was looking for, sorry! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:33 am

I just bought tickets for Men's SP and LP bounce
They are so expensive: I'm in first category seats for the SP, and second category seats for the short. My friend and I bought the last two tickets in the Northern Tribune for the LP.

It's really, really expensive, but to have the chance to see Dai skate one more time, close to where I live (1:30 hr drive )...
cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by ostile17 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:21 am

ostile17, great you've got your tickets! cheers

ostile17 wrote:
They are so expensive:
Yes. And, in my opinion, if ISU wants fans to keep paying those prices, they better have a CoP that rewards real artistry, real musicality, excellent taste, skater's connection to the audience, interesting and fresh music choices, mesmerizing performances.

Last edited by hsuhs on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyelor
1A
1A

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:58 am

Wow, I wish I could go to see it too! I hope all of you that do get to attend enjoy every minute! Watching Daisuke skate live must be so magical =)
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:50 pm

hsuhs wrote:
ostile17, great you've got your tickets! cheers

ostile17 wrote:
They are so expensive:
Yes. And, in my opinion, if ISU wants fans to keep paying those prices, they better have a CoP that awards real artistry, real musicality, excellent taste, skater's connection to the audience, interesting and fresh music choices, mesmerizing performances.

You're also going, right? We can cheer together very loud, although I'll be doing that from the nosebleed section Laughing

Where are you seated?
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:09 pm

ostile17 wrote:
Where are you seated?
I have seats on the judges side, lower bowl, as far as I remember (I keep my passes in a safe).
I'm going together with my hubby.
We'll be cheering loud, I'm sure cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi hsuhs

I'm sure you are getting excited now since it's not that long anymore :-))) But don't forget to comment on your encounters which you will have while at the event :-)) I'm sure you'll be on cloud no. 9 or even higher when you see Dai-chan skate :-) And I'm sure we can hear your cheers all over the world :-)))

Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:32 am

Gudrun wrote:
Hi hsuhs

I'm sure you are getting excited now since it's not that long anymore :-))) .

Yes, pretty much so! bounce

Gudrun wrote:
But don't forget to comment on your encounters which you will have while at the event :-))
It's going to be hard, I'm afraid. Since my tickets are all-events, I plan on seeing everything. The first official practices sometimes start as early as 6 am and the last competitions of the day finish late in the evening. There's hardly time to eat and to sleep let alone typing long comprehensive posts from the hotel Embarassed Laughing

That is the reason I usually never post while at Worlds.

Gudrun wrote:
I'm sure you'll be on cloud no. 9 or even higher when you see Dai-chan skate :-) And I'm sure we can hear your cheers all over the world :-)))

Well, yeah, as an uberfan I'm going to be all that! bounce
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Hello hsuhs

Good to see I was right :-))

Oh, don't worry about posting during the event, I didn't mean that. Just tell us all about it afterwards :-))) Just to give us a feel about the situation etc. :-)))

I had to look up uberfan :-))) I found a dictionary which told me that this is usually used for a fan of music. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=uber%20fan

But I'm sure it also includes Dai-chan's music and performance :-)))))

ENJOY!!!

Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
MaiKitty
1A
1A

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Any German Fans going to the event? When I checked the official website I it seemed there are still tickets available. I really want to go.
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Hello MaiKitty

Sorry, I'm not going ... but there'll be many fans so you won't feel lonely at all :-))) If you have the time, give it a try!

Cheers
Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Competition times are up:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2012_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Don't quite understand their reasons for finishing the championship with the ladies free skate.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:00 pm

hsuhs wrote:
Competition times are up:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2012_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Don't quite understand their reasons for finishing the championship with the ladies free skate.
Because they are not sure if Jouvert can win. Wink
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:50 pm

let`s talk wrote:
Because they are not sure if Jouvert can win. Wink

Having seen him skate in the Hague, I'm not so sure either.

But wouldn't it make more sense to have a crowd favorite (Joubert, Amodio, Pechalat / Bourzat) medal in the end? I wonder if the locals stay for the ladies competition.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice   world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice Empty

Back to top Go down

world figure skating championship 2012 in Nice
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next