Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friends On Ice 2010

Go down 
+9
anorithil
ireni
Lil
Faith85j
panther
miyu
Genki
dilemma
Calliope
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:22 pm

His shirt is just crazy coloured! Very Happy Very Happy It makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
ireni
1A
1A
ireni

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down
http://irenis.diary.ru/
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:16 pm

So I'm going to try to write a more detailed report of the rehearsal. I probably won't write everything, just the parts I found particularly interesting/memorable. For anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled for the contents of the show, stop reading now!

Before the rehearsal actually started, all the skaters gathered in the middle of the ice to take photos. Then when the rehearsal actually started, some of the skaters came out and skated, but for some reason Daisuke, Evan, and Pang/Tong were hidden behind this circular curtain thing in the middle of the ice and they didn't come out until after everyone else. I kept wondering, "Where's Daisuke??" until I realized he was behind that curtain. Laughing It's pretty cool the way they shine the spotlights on it, because you can see the skaters' silouhettes magnified really big. From my seat (on the west side) I could only see Evan's silhouette, but I'm sure Daisuke's looked very cool. Smile

Most of the skaters didn't perform their entire programs, they just marked the places where the jumps and spins were supposed to be. Some notes on the programs and what happened in-between:

- Akiko has a new(?) belly dancing exhibition program!
- Tanith and Ben had an interesting program that started out with Tanith in a school girl outfit and jump roping, and then changing their outfits like twice, gradually getting more mature. I think it was supposed to be a story of romance between a couple who knew each other as kids, but I'm not too sure. Razz
- Takeshi, Evan, Shizuka, and Illia skated two programs each. Evan's first program was his Firebird SP. After he skated Firebird, Shizuka congratulated him and was supposed to give him a bouquet of flowers, but they didn't have one so she gave him Tiramisu to hold instead. Laughing
- Right before the intermission, Shizuka, Takahiko, and Akiko help out with a present lottery. But there were no presents, so they just pretended that these two little kids sitting in the corner won it. I wonder what the actual prizes are?
- After the men's hip hop number, Shizuka interviewed Daisuke for awhile and then he introdouced Shae Lynn. Since she's skating to Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies", he told the audience that she wanted all the single ladies there to stand up and dance with her. People didn't stand up at first, but a lot did later on towards the end of the program. It was really fun, and got the best reception next to Daisuke's.
- Takahiko has an exhibition that's a mix of two different songs. He wears really bright red pants that are practically blinding. At the end of the program, a person dressed in a weird dress, wig, and fake breasts came out and gave Takahiko a kiss! Laughing Then he/she skated around for awhile, and I was trying really hard to figure out who it was, but couldn't until at the end when the announcer said, "Who was that? That was Yamato Tamura!" The whole thing was very funny.
- Daisuke is the second last to skate, before Shizuka. And like I said, the audience really enjoyed his program, even without the jumps or spins. Smile

Okay, that's all for now, I'll add something if I think of it later. I'm going to see the real show tomorrow at noon, so I'll report back on that too. Smile
Back to top Go down
panther
1A
1A
panther

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Thank you very much for reports, vids and fotos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Faith85j
1A
1A
Faith85j

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Thank you for the reports, video end photos Calliope and Nipponophile....You are very kind!! Laughing
but...arghhh....i'm even more curious now!

The Dai's program look so cool and so sexy...wow, better than Eye affraid affraid
And his shirt is...so....so....coloured bounce bounce

I have one only question, what's the song of Dai's hip hop program???? Rolling Eyes What a Face
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Saw the noon show today! Daisuke-related report first:

Apparently Daisuke skated with a different costume on Friday, but he was back to the original crazy shirt today. Laughing This was his program layout:

3F-3T (overturn on the 3T)
3A
Flying layback spin
Connecting steps
3Lz
Sit spin
Straightline step sequence
Combination spin (the first position is the bent camel... it doesn't look much better than when he did it last season Neutral)

It's weird seeing him skate only one step sequence, but it does feel like there are more transitions and connecting moves now as opposed to his past SPs.

I didn't think the program was as hilarious as on Thursday, but that might be because I had already seen it before or because I was sitting in the very top row of the arena (whereas during the rehearsal I was in the first row on the ice). Nevertheless, it still got everyone really excited, and there were a lot of standing ovations afterwards.

The men's hip hop number was great again too! Shizuka interviewed him again afterwards, but he said more this time about producing the program. He thanked all the guys for working hard on it despite only having two days of rehearsals, and mentioned how Takahiko stayed up till midnight practicing the choreography, Evan did a good job even though he came a day late, and Ilia was always standing by the boards listening to the music and practicing the moves. Also, Shizuka gave him a letter from a person who's always closeby supporting him, to which he said, "What!? Again!?" But it seems like today's was from a different person, from "Uta-chan". Razz (I think yesterday's was from his mother.) Then he introduced Shae-Lynn and asked the audience to stand up during All the Single Ladies again, but he put even more effort into trying to convince everyone this time -- he was practically singing it and pretending to dance to it himself and saying that he always puts his hands up at the appropriate part in the song. Laughing

During the finale, Daisuke's solo feature was an entire straightline step sequence. I wonder if it's from one of his other new programs? I don't think it was the same as the one from his SP...

Some other notes on the show:

- Akiko and Takahiko helped with the present lottery again. The presents were a 16 GB flash drive, a Puma shirt with signatures of all the cast members on the back, a Shizuka wearing glasses poster with her autograph, and a Daisuke Yu-pack poster with his autograph. When Akiko and Takahiko were showing the audience Daisuke's poster, they imitated his pose from the poster. Razz Also part of the lottery was the option to choose which program Takahiko would skate today, his new SP, LP, or exhibition! Takahiko chose a fan from the audience to draw from the lottery box, and she ended up drawing SP, so that's what he skated.
- Speaking of Takahiko's SP, I'm not sure what to think of it. I'm a little disappointed the music is guitar-based again, especially when it's not as good as his music from last season. Neutral Maybe it'll grow on me later, but I wish he would skate to music that would allow him to really show off his amazing edges (like his LP music from last year).
- Shizuka, Miki, and Yuka also skated different programs than the rehearsal on Thursday. (Well, Shizuka's second program was the same but I think the first one was different.) I'm not sure what Miki's new program is -- I thought it might be her new SP, but it didn't have enough spins or a spiral sequence (is the spiral sequence optional now in the SP? I can't remember all the rule changes), and there were some parts in the music where it sounded like someone was speaking/singing. It was a pretty good program, though, especially the step sequence.
- Evan did a great job with Firebird. No holding Tiramisu today though. Razz
- Pang/Tong skated to "The Impossible Dream" and were amazing! Lots of standing ovations.

Overall, the show was awesome and a ton of fun. Everyone skated great -- no falls! (I was a little bit worried about Daisuke because I heard he fell right at the beginning of the step sequence in Friday's show and pretty much lost half of the element, but he was fine today.) I'm so glad I got to see both the rehearsal and the actual show. Smile I'm not sure when I'll have the opportunity to see FOI in person again, so I'll definitely treasure my memories of it.
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:36 am

Thanks a lot for the report, Calliope! Sounds like you had a great time, lucky you!

I can't wait to see videos of the show, especially Dai's new SP (obviously Wink). Does anybody know when (if?) it will be broadcasted?
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:45 am

Hi Calliope:

Thanks a lot for your report! So exciting.

Here's a bit of video of FOI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnTCmbh6yBw

Can not wait to see full program.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Thank you for the report, Calliope!! Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
I went to see today's final. It's really great show!! I was excited to see Daisuke's new SP. The cloud also was excited and jumping. And Daisuke in red shirt was enjoying his performance "Mambo" a lot. Off course, me, too!!
In the middle of his short program, the rhythm was getting so fast like a samba music. It' really hard program to use a lot of stamina. Daisuke is amazing!! Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_eek

3F-3T (fell on 3T), really great high 3A and 3Lz!!

Today's new pics in FOI
http://www.friendsonice.com/photolog/index2.php

Lil
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Judging by photos I can say that he has lost some weight and now he looks even more fragile than usually.
Espesially it is appreciable in photo with Evan.

I read it on Miki Ando`s fan forum:
"This FOI will be televised in 2 parts, one on 25th September, and one in October."

Is that true?
Too long. Sad
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi, Lil.

Lil wrote:
I read it on Miki Ando`s fan forum:
"This FOI will be televised in 2 parts, one on 25th September, and one in October."

Yes, it's true. Here is a TV broadcast schedule from FOI's leaflet.

Cable TV "Nittele Plus"
Part I Saturday, Sept. 25th, 2010 20:00 - 21:00
Part II TBA in October

miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:45 pm

I saw two shows yesterday (Sunday). Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Dai-chan's SP was very very hot and exciting, as the other members said. Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_cheers He wore the red shirt yesterday. The program began with the music which Ryan Bradley used in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2k5Sa4bEy4 (2:23). IIRC, the jumps were, -noon- 3F-3T(so on 3T) 3A(so) 3Lz, -night- 3F-3T(again so on 3T) 3A 3Lz. Probably he was a little tired because he has been so busy these days. Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_wink As you know he went to U.S. to work with Pasquale and Shae-Lynn, then Hokkaido camp and came to FOI immediately after those. The Slst (or could be a Sest) was exquisite as always, even though it needed to be improved.
Anyway, it was really really amazing how much he got into the program, considering it was choreographed just a few weeks ago. Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_sunny Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_sunny
In the grand finale, Takahiko did 4T(so), Dai-chan did 4F(so almost fall) and Evan did 4T(UR). Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_eek Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_eek

He seemed to be having a fun throughout both shows!! Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Genki wrote:
Are there any hip movements? Mambo should have hip movements, I wonder if he did some of them.
There was, but definitely he needed to do more, I think!! Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface
In the last show, he skated back to the back stage with his hip swinging after he skated the SP. That was cute. Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Herz
Back to top Go down
Lil
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Thank you for sharing.
BTW why Nobunari didn`t participate in any shows in Japan? silent
Back to top Go down
Dencar
1A
1A
Dencar

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Thanks for the updates everyone!

Lil wrote:
Thank you for sharing.
BTW why Nobunari didn`t participate in any shows in Japan? silent

I was thinking of that too... Maybe concentrating being a family man? I mean he's married already, right?
Back to top Go down
http://dencar.livejournal.com
Faith85j
1A
1A
Faith85j

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Thank you for sharing everyone!!!
Certainly has been a wonderful show ... I envy you so much bounce bounce

I'm so curious to see the full SP and the Hip Hop program...but.....I can't wait 1 - 2 month for the broadcast!!! sigh affraid

Anyway Thank you again to everyone for your report, link and photos!!! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Lil
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Dencar wrote:

I was thinking of that too... Maybe concentrating being a family man? I mean he's married already, right?
I don`t think so.
I just hope that it was his decision - to not participate & may be he wants to concentrate on his training.
It was sad disaster in worlds for him. So I wish him good luck in next season. Neutral
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi, I'm back. Cool

First, according to this article, the music for the new SP are"Historia de un Amor" and "El Mambo" and FP is Estaciones Porteñas (The four Seasons of Buenos Aires )by Piazzola. So we are right.

Lil wrote:
BTW why Nobunari didn`t participate in any shows in Japan?
He participated in PIW Tokyo with Takahiko, Shizuka and Plushenko in July.
Mainly I think it's just due to his schedule.

Quote :
I can't wait 1 - 2 month for the broadcast!!! sigh

In addition to the TV schedule which Leode posted above,

The bond between Shizuka Arakawa and Daisuke Takahashi Part2. (Documentary of FOI)
NTV Sep. 25th 10:30am-11:30am (JST)
http://www.ntv.co.jp/friendsonice/index.html

My impression of other skaters.

Akiko Suzuki: She skated her new belly dance EX. She wore a beautiful red costume and used red clothe effectively. Very sexy. I really liked it, it was a great EX!! She said she took belly dance lessons for this EX. She is a wonderful dancer.
Yamato Tamura: He skated two programs. One was a cool jazzy number and the other was hilarious. As Calliope reported, he appeared in a strange woman's dress when Takahiko finished to skate his FP and kissed him. Yamato's 3Lz was still very big and consistant. I wondered if he could come back to competitions.
Belbin & Agost: Very entertaining program, using Jason Mraz.
Takeshi Honda: Two programs, JET's "She's A Genius" and a ballade. His jumps were a bit off but drew us with his beatiful spread eagle.
Shae-Lynn: Two programs, one with a singer who sung live and Beyonce's "Single Ladies". Probably the singer is her boy frined. Dai-chan introduced her before "Single Ladies" yesterday,too. He asked us to stand up and dance from the beginning because it was the last show. We enjoyed but honestly speaking I wanted to see her skating, not dancing on the ice.
Ilia Kulik: Do you know he used to be my figure skating idle!! He still looked handsome. He skated two programs, a Korean idle group's song and a hard rock music. His triples were very cosistant and also did that huge butterfly many times. I found his pants were ripped in the butt when he skated the hard rock program in the last show!! Too many butterflies??
Shizuka Arakawa: Two programs. "I got rhythm" choreographed by David Wilson and a ballade. Both are nice, especially the second one was very beautiful. As always, her jumps were very solid. I think she also could come back to competitions anytime if she wanted.
Evan Lysacek: "Fire Bird" and "Man in the mirror" by MJ. "Fire Bird" was great!! I think his skating skill has improved very much in these couple of years. Don't you think so?
Tahahiko Kozuka: Yesterday he skated his new FP twice. In the noon show, one of the audience who Takahiko chose picked a ball from a box and the ball said "FP". In the last show, Takahiko said this time he wanted ask all the audience which one they wanted to see. Then Dai-chan, Takeshi, Yamato, Miki and Ilia appeared by the rink side. When Shizuka found them, she said "there were the huge fans of you there. Let's ask them." Then they forced him to skate FP by shouting "Free! Free! Free!". Takahiko gave in and skated FP again.
Tahahiko's FP, Liszt Piano Concerto choreographed by Zueva, was a very good program! Even he landed 4T (2 foot) in the last show. At this moment, I much prefer his FP to SP.
Miki Ando: Probably a new EX. (How many EXs does she have in this season??) She wore an elegant white costume. I was amazed to find her arm movements have become soft and elegant. She became a wonderful performer who can skate various kinds of music.
Pang & Tong: Dramatic and classy program. I like it.

I saw Utako-sensei, Watanabe-san and Mr. & Mrs. Sato but didn't see Kenji at all.... Didn't he work in FOI this year? Rolling Eyes Neutral

Still there are a few things to write but next time!! Cool
Back to top Go down
panther
1A
1A
panther

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 pm

miyu wrote:
Hi, I'm back. Cool

flower

miyu wrote:
Still there are a few things to write but next time!! Cool

Wait!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Thank you for your long and interesting report, miyu! sunny
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:12 pm

Wow!! Thank you for sharing, miyu!! Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin It's really great show, wasn't it?

As Shizuka interviewed Daisuke after the half time show, she revealed that Daisuke was working so hard for producing a part of show "The men's hip hop number(So cool!!)" during his training from April and then he did an excellent work. Shizuka was impressed that he is gifted to produce the ice show.

Shizuka "Some day, you gonna produce your own ice show Daisuke Takahashi show, right?"
Audience "YES!! YES!!" screamed.
Daisuke "Uh-mm....maybe a few years later, I would like to do. Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface "
Shizuka "It will be great for us to watch your own show, Dai-chan."

Takahashi-senshu, Otsukaresama deshita!!

Lil
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:01 pm

http://www.friendsonice.com/photolog/popup.php?id=164
very beautiful photo indeed.
but when I saw this photo, it somehow reminds me of Irish step. What a Face
Dai & irish step! Razz
Or flamenko or greek music or arabian music? Question
Or something classic like Prince Igor?
Ha-ha.
May be it`s because of waiting too long for the beginning of season.
Very Happy
about Japan open.
in fsvids there are vids from Japan super challenge & Japan vs US competition from season 2007-2008.
I wonder if these comp-s are still existing or not.
Back to top Go down
ireni
1A
1A
ireni

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:47 am

Daisuke's interview & rehearsal FOI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IJQIwVnn9s

What he says? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://irenis.diary.ru/
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 am

Thank you for the link, ireni. Very Happy

Look at his face @4:15! LOL! Laughing

Well, he said nothing new here. He said:

He has spent a lot of time with Shizuka, even they and Utako-sensei once rent a house and lived togetherin abroad. (see this montage! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzUXkFGz8FI)
In FOI, as it's called "friends", we don't do just what is told, we work together sharing each one's opinions.
As for the men's group number, he accepted the offer without thinking much but he regreted he did so afterward. (because it was difficult.) He felt sorry for the members because I made a difficult choreography though they didn't have much time to practice. He had to pay attention to them a lot , so hopefully he doesn't want do it again. (Really, Dai-chan? Neutral )
He likes foreign R&B or Hiphop music recently.
Back to top Go down
Faith85j
1A
1A
Faith85j

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks for the video Ireni and Miyu for the little summary bounce
The video is great....candyman too Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm so curious to see both the program (hip hop program and the short)....

Thanks again Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2010   Friends On Ice 2010 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends On Ice 2010
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2