Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update on Daisuke's Injury

Go down 
+11
glorydave
hsuhs
Euphoria
swandie
SoMiTripleAxel
Leode
veresk
Yshion
miyu
MissC
miki
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
miki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Update on Daisuke's Injury Empty
PostSubject: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:15 pm

I just heard about this news on TV... and ugh, it is something I feared the most, but Daisuke decided to go through a knee surgery and will not compete the entire season.

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/other/headlines/skate/20081117-00000042-kyodo_sp-spo.html

I am so sad Crying or Very sad that we won't see him for a while, but wish him best of luck, and I hope the surgery will go really well.
Back to top Go down
miki
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:19 pm

Some more news resources (only in Japanese):

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20081117-OHT1T00317.htm

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/other/081117/oth0811172310012-n1.htm

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/081117/spm0811172321005-n1.htm

They don't really tell much on the detaied condition of injury itself. They say the surgery is for ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and meniscal damage on his right knee. Not much detail on what they need to do on his knee, though.

For NHK Trophy at the end of this month, Yasuharu Nanri will replace Daisuke.

Last edited by miki on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:21 pm

A friend sent me an e-mail about that 15mn ago... and I don't know what to say. I'm so shocked and so sad. pale

I wish I could give Dai-chan a big hug right now. It must be so hard for him to give up a whole season.

Get well, dear Daisuke, and be patient!
We'll be waiting for you to come back stronger than ever!

Last edited by MissC on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Thank you, Miki.

I was also translating one of these news.

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/other/headlines/skate/20081117-00000042-kyodo_sp-spo.html

It became apparent on 17th that the Ace of men's figure skating who is
expected as an important medal contender at Vancouver Olympics, Daisuke Takahashi gave up this season's competitions due to having an operation for ACL and meniscus. Some of his related parties revealed it.

We are always behind you, Dai-chan!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy I love you I love you
Be brave....
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:34 pm

Thank you for the articles, miki and miyu!

I thought Iwas prepared for the worst result, but I went absent-minded for a while...
I never imagined he had injuries on both ACL and meniscus...too hard for a skater.

All I can do for him is sending a big voice support and wish him a good result of an operation!!

Don't worry, Daisuke!
Believe everything is going to be alright!!
We always love you and wait for your comeback!

GANBARE, DAISUKE!!
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
veresk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:31 pm

Оо only not it. ((((( Why the period of recover such long? I wish courage and patience. All will be good.

Last edited by veresk on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Thank you for the all articles, miki.
OMG!! I don't know what I say to Daisuke....Don't blame yourself.

It is very hard times for him that he will not compete the entire season because of his injury and I know how he feels.Sad
But in some way, I think this is good for his skating life. This year is not still Vancouver Olympics one and he needs to recover from his injury completely until next season.

Go!! Go!! DAISUKE!! You always have our support and we LOVE you!!

In Japanese

あまりにもショックで言葉がありません。。。高橋選手、どうかご自分をお責めになりませんように。高橋選手の手術が成功して、怪我の回復が少しでも早くなりますよう祈るばかりです。
高橋選手ご自身が一番辛いと思いますので、少しでもファンの皆で支えてあげられればと思っています。高橋選手の事だから、一度試合に出ると決めたら無理をしてしまうような気がします。彼のスケート人生が一番大事なので、無理をしないこの決断は良かったのではないかとも思います。
また、氷上で高橋選手の笑顔が見れるのを楽しみに待っています。

Last edited by Leode on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
SoMiTripleAxel
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:47 pm

GO DAI-CHAN!

Last edited by SoMiTripleAxel on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureskatingblogfreak.blogspot.com/
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks for the news, miki. I feel incredibly sick right now. I was really hoping it wasn't a torn ACL because it's such a terrible injury to have.

veresk wrote:
Why the period of recover such long?

It takes a while to completely recover from ACL surgery. A torn ACL actually cannot be repaired but it can be reconstructed using a graft which takes 6 weeks to attach to the bone. Dai will need intensive physical therapy to completely recover. He can't rush this because he could end up reinjuring himself and then he'll have to miss the Olympics.

Get well soon, Daisuke! flower
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:17 pm

Oh well... All my hopes have just crashed in a moment. I'm afraid I have no more reason to watch FS this season.

Get well, my dear Dai.
Back to top Go down
http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
veresk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Quote :
It takes a while to completely recover from ACL surgery. A torn ACL actually cannot be repaired but it can be reconstructed using a graft which takes 6 weeks to attach to the bone. Dai will need intensive physical therapy to completely recover. He can't rush this because he could end up reinjuring himself and then he'll have to miss the Olympics.
Thanks. I do not know the Japanese language. Is it correctly, what recover time is August?

Last edited by veresk on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:53 pm

I wanted to ask the same. Is it true that he'll be capable for intensive practices after 17th of August?
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 pm

I'm so sad to hear all this: about the ACL and the surgery.
I wish life wasn't this hard for Daisuke. But right now he's concentrating on getting better and taking all the necessary steps to recover. I admire his courage, as I always have.
Get well soon, Daisuke!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 12:03 am

http://www.asahi.com/sports/update/1118/TKY200811170396.html

According to this news, an official announcement will be made on 18th (later on today).

I think he has known this already when he wrote the last blog entry. How brave he was....... Sad Sad Sad
I truly hope the surgery will be successful. You don't need to rush, Dai-chan. Just take care of yourself. We can wait for your comeback, no
matter how long it takes. cheers cheers

veresk wrote:
Is it correctly, what recover time is August?
Euphoria wrote:
Is it true that he'll be capable for intensive practices after 17th of August?
There aren't any infomation which indicate when he can come back on the ice.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 12:28 am

miyu wrote:

There aren't any infomation which indicate when he can come back on the ice.

Yeah, now I see. And also I think that "until 17th of August" is a bit too long for recovery.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 12:36 am

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20081118-OYT1T00060.htm

According to this article, the exact date of the surgery is uncertain yet.
It's considered to take 2-3 months to get back to on-ice training after the surgery, take about 6 months for a complete recovery,
but it depends on how the rehabilitation goes.
He chose the way to get the surgery expecting for a complete return.

I'll wait for today's official announcement. I believe he has guts and courage to get over the surgery and tough rehabilitations.

miyu wrote:
I think he has known this already when he wrote the last blog entry. How brave he was....... Sad Sad Sad
I agree, miyu. I truly respect him.

Last edited by Yshion on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 1:01 am

Thank you for the news.

OMG! I tried to prepare myself to this news, but now it's really difficult to remain calm... Sad

My brother has broken the ligaments of the knee playing football a few years ago. He had the surgery in July. He was able to resume training in November and he could playing again in matches in February.
Of course it depends on how the rehabilitation goes, but I think that 6 months is a probable hypothesis.

What can we say to Daisuke?
We can imagine your distress and your anger...
Be strong!
We always love and support you!
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 1:05 am

I just feel empty right now. I prepared myself for the worst - but still it is a major blow. I feel so sad for him and for us fans right now. Update on Daisuke's Injury Bawling

The only good thing about this is that he isn't retiring. He will fight to come back stronger than ever, I'm sure of it.
The best of luck to you, Daisuke. We'll think of you and miss you, but we'll be waiting for you! Update on Daisuke's Injury Heart
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:59 am

I think it would be a good idea to do sort of a project for him. I've seen other fan forums do this for birthdays or the holidays and I think it would especially be a good idea at this time. Maybe some kind of a scrapbook with all of our letters from the message thread in it would be nice. I figure since he knows about the forum, it would be nice if he got something that all of us contributed to.

I also thought of a care package but A LOT of coordination would be required and since a good portion of us are not in Japan, the shipping would be crazy expensive. Plus I wouldn't know what to send him.

What do you guys think? I just feel like I have to do something for him.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:27 am

Thank you for bringing this up, swandie.
I feel like I am in a fog all day, so focusing on practical issues now really helps.
I think that a scrapbook would be nice. I, too, wish I could do something for Daisuke. I'd love to send him something as well. We could make something for him, all of us together. And yes, it will take a lot of coordination and organization.
So... what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Momoko
1A
1A
Momoko

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:40 am

Aww, poor Daisuke! I hope he has a speedy recovery and I look forward to seenig him at his best again soon! <3
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 11:31 am

swandie wrote:
What do you guys think? I just feel like I have to do something for him.
hsuhs wrote:
So... what do you guys think?
Thank you, swandie! It's nice idea to send him something from us with our messages from the message thread.
I need to think about it... What kind of thing can make him pleased??? scratch scratch
Some research might be fun for him to read, like "Which progarams do you like best?" or "What music would you like Daisuke to skate?". (Just for fun!bom )

In case you'd like to send him something personally, this is the address.

Mr. Daisuke Takahashi
c/o Japan Skating Federation
Kishikinentaikukan, 1-1-1 Jinnan, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8050, Japan
Back to top Go down
miki
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 12:41 pm

From his blog entry today (Nov 18th) and several other news resources, his ACL is not completely torn, but some damage on ACL and meniscus on the right knee.

Yshion wrote:
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20081118-OYT1T00060.htm

According to this article, the exact date of the surgery is uncertain yet.
It's considered to take 2-3 months to get back to on-ice training after the surgery, take about 6 months for a complete recovery,
but it depends on how the rehabilitation goes.
He chose the way to get the surgery expecting for a complete return.

On top of Yshion's update, according to a trainer of JSF, perhaps another (additional) 3 months can be expected before he is competely back in shape as figure skating requires some particular movements.

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/osaka/sports/article/news/20081118-OHO1T00152.htm

It's such a long process - I hope Daisuke will ensure all these time and processes, which I trust he will.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Thank you for updating the information, miki. Very Happy Very Happy
I found a new one.

http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/general/news/20081119k0000m050014000c.html

高橋は先月31日の練習で右ひざを痛め、14日の精密検査で右ひざの「前十字じん帯損傷」「内側半月板損傷」と診断された。日本スケート連盟を通じ、18日に発表したコメントでは「五輪で勝ち抜くための試練なのかもしれません」と、気持ちを切り替えに努めている様子がうかがえる。高橋の関係者は「腫れが引くまで2週間ほどかかり、その後手術する。今月中か来月初めには手術したい」と話している。
高橋の復帰時期について、吉岡部長は「一般的に手術から氷に立てるまで2~3カ月、そこから競技が出来るようになるまで2~3月。来夏の各選手がプログラム作りに入る時期には間に合うと思う」と説明した

Takahashi hurt his right knee during practice on 31th last month. He was diagnosed as "ACL injury" and "inside meniscus injury" upon complete examination on 14th. It is observed he is tring to move on thorough his comment "this may be a trial to fight it out at Olympics." announced by JSF. His relevant person said "It will take 2 weeks to bring the swelling down and then he will have a surgery. Hopefully it will be in this month or at the beginning of next month."
Nobuhiko Yoshioka, JFS's manager of figure skating, said "Generally speaking, after having the surgery it will take 2-3 months to come back on the ice. And it will take 2-3 months more then to compete. I think he will make it in time when each competitor start to work with his new programs next summer. "

miki wrote:
From his blog entry today (Nov 18th) and several other news resources, his ACL is not completely torn, but some damage on ACL and meniscus on the right knee.
Yes, I think so too. He wrote he could keep competing coaxing his knee in his blog. I don't know what kind of the difference "torn" and "damage" in effect on healing the injury exists but I hope "damage" will be a lot easier to heal.....Neutral
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 7:07 pm

You know..... This is not the kind of news you want your best friend to give you the moment you get off work.... I really was set on some good news, since we didn't hear anything for over a week. But considering how this season began, it was still no surprise in the end.... This season is a disaster. So many of our best skaters have either retired, been forced to retire or withdraw completely (that makes it 3 at least). And for me, on top of that, it is THE skater in my heart that will be missing for this entire season. I think my heart will need as much time to recover as Daisuke....

However, it feels good to know that Dai is definitely not a quitter. He is strong and brave, and I know he'll be back. And I, as well as you, will be waiting eagerly for his return. Thank you all for keeping us well informed, and especially to you miyu for that address. I intend to make use of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on Daisuke's Injury
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next