Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition Empty
PostSubject: Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition   Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 7:01 am

As many of you probably already know, Brian Joubert missed Trophee De Eric Bombard and as a result the Grand Prix Final because of illness. Here is his most recent status. This update is from deltask8er on fsuniverse.

Quote :
Brief article in the Poitiers newspaper last week:

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/d...077_NR_86N.pdf

Quote:
...Joubert was itching to return to training after 8 days of rest. He still has circles under his eyes, yet they sparkle. As soon as he got the green light from doctors, he ran to the rink as if he had a knife between his teeth ( ) . "I hated it (being away from the ice)", said the still pale-faced Joubert. "Especially when I realized that it would ruin my chances for the GPF". A week after his withdrawal, Joubert is on his way back to training. He'll need to return to it slowly, however.

But yesterday afternoon, we had the impression that he was trying to make up for several months off the ice, not a mere few days. It was similar to how he handled his injury a few weeks before 2007 Worlds. His coach said that the training session was "not bad at all; it's a good sign".

One good thing that came out of this illness, he got a lot of deep sleep and is well rested. "I slept 12-13 hours every day". Now he is preparing for French Nationals, which start December 7, where he will try to win his 6th consecutive title.

I'm so glad to hear that Brian is feeling well enough to be back on the ice now and I wish him luck at French Nationals this week! Very Happy And he does indeed seem to be very dedicated.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition   Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 8:13 am

Thanks for the update, UMgal.

This is such good news! I've been anxious to hear how Brian was doing. I was kind of worried about him. His eagerness to get back on the ice shows the passion Brian has for skating and I admire that in him. Best of luck to him at French Nationals!!
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition   Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 10:15 pm

Thank you so much for update, UMgal.
I'm glad to hear that Brian will participate for French Nationals today.

Quote :
"I hated it (being away from the ice)"
Yeah, I always can feel his passion when I see his performance. I wish best luck to him to Nationals!

glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition   Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 1:36 am

Thanks UMgal for news.
I posted a new topic about French Campionship, where you can find Brian's interview...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition   Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on Brian Joubert's illness/condition
Page 1 of 1