Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize

Go down 
+3
miyu
hsuhs
Leode
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize   Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 7:22 pm

On June 28, 2008, Daisuke Takahashi was selected one of members(Mao Asada, Miki Ando, Joji Kato and Daisuke) for a JSF Sports Special Achievement prize from Japan Skate Federation(JSF) in recognition of his achievements in 2007-2008 seasons. Daisuke mentioned that he will do a quad in new short program.

http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/2008/06/28/0001181246.shtml
(in Japanese)

日本スケート連盟は28日、東京都内で2007-08年シーズン優秀選手のフィギュアの浅田真央(愛知・中京大中京高)高橋大輔(関大大学院)、スピードの加藤条治(日本電産サンキョー)を表彰した。高橋は前日のアイスショーで初披露したショートプログラム(SP)に4回転ジャンプを組み込むことを明らかにした。(ディリーニュースより)

Congrats, Daisuke! cheers
Also I'm glad to hear that he has a intention to do a quad in new short program.

hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize   Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:04 pm

Thank you for sharing this with us, Leode! sunny
And congratulations to Daisuke for getting this recognition cheers

I have mixed feeling about quads in SP. I love quads, more so when they are properly done, effortless, clean. A quad in SP is a way to pimp up one's SB. It's not the only way, though. And in a case of failure, the penalties are harsh. I'd hate to see Daisuke losing to those for whom quads are an Issue, those who concentrate on clean & safe. Is not going to happen? - Remember last Worlds?

At the same time, I realize that figure skating is a sport, and every sport has its own risks. Risking all to try to reach the next level can be inevitable.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize   Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Thank you, Leode! Very Happy
Congratulations, Dai-chan!! cheers

hsuhs wrote:
I have mixed feeling about quads in SP.
I understand how you feel... It seems he values quads highly. (Maybe because he's grown up seeing great quad jumpers like Plushenko and Yagudin.) I think this year is good to challenge a quad combo in SP. If it won't work well he will be able to adjust his strategy in Olympic year.Surprised
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize   Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Thak you for letting us know, Leode Very Happy !

And congratulations, Daisuke!!

I have a same feeling about a quad combo in SP as you do, hsuhs and miyu...
It's been 3 or 4 years since the last time he attempted a quad combo in his SP, I guess? Moscow Worlds, 2005?

hsuhs wrote:
I realize that figure skating is a sport, and every sport has its own risks. Risking all to try to reach the next level can be inevitable.
Yes, I agree with you, and that's exactly what Daisuke himself places a high value on, I think.

miyu wrote:
I think this year is good to challenge a quad combo in SP.
Yeah! And besides, Daisuke will have much more time to work with his jump coach, Takeshi Honda, if he trains in Japan this year.
I expect Honda-san will surely help him a lot the way he's been doing wonderfully for the past 2 years. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize   Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 4:06 pm

Yshion wrote:
It's been 3 or 4 years since the last time he attempted a quad combo in his SP, I guess? Moscow Worlds, 2005?

I believe, it was indeed Worlds 2005 in Moscow.
Here's a youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9SmucmhEI

And here's the protocols:
http://www.isufs.org/results/wc2005/WC05_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

With that program Daisuke placed 7th.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize   Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Thank you for the news, Leode! Very Happy

I agree with you all about quads in SP.
During the last season Daisuke really improved and he showed he could do also 2 quads in a program... I think he won't have problems with one quad... but new rules are very strict about mistakes, so it could be a risk... Rolling Eyes

miyu wrote:
I think this year is good to challenge a quad combo in SP. If it won't work well he will be able to adjust his strategy in Olympic year.
Yes! We all know Daisuke's goal, so... it's a great thing that Dai is trying different things and that he has no fear to dare!
Go Daisuke!!!
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize   Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 12:06 am

Thanks for the news, Leode! And congrats to Daisuke! cheers

As for the quad in the short program, it's a different kind of risk than doing 2 in the long program. In the short program, there are significantly fewer elements and one mistake (especially with the new -GOE) can really mess up a skater's score. At the same time, it can be extremely rewarding if he pulls it off. I think he can do it with constant training.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize   Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:20 pm

Congats to Daisuke! A I really really do hope that he does a quad in his new SP. Sure it's risky, but if anyone can pull it off it's Daisuke. He's always working on doing his absolute best, and this is the way to go for him. Go Daisuke!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize   Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke got JSF Sports Special Achievement prize
Page 1 of 1