Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!

Go down 
+12
skato
Gudrun
Chris
hsuhs
let`s talk
ostile17
Osan
Genki
miyu
Twind
ilica
Shyla
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! Empty
PostSubject: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:54 pm

New Thread. Here are the live time schedules for Eastern Standard Time from Universal Sports On Line.

DATE ONLINE TIME (live) EVENT
Friday, Dec. 7 6:00am ET Senior Ladies Short Program
Friday, Dec. 7 9:15am ET Senior Ice Dance Short Dance
Friday, Dec. 7 10:35am ET Senior Men’s Short Program
Friday, Dec. 7 11:50am ET Senior Pairs Short Program
Saturday, Dec. 8 6:15am ET Senior Ladies Free Skating
Saturday, Dec. 8 8:15am ET Senior Ice Dance Free Dance
Saturday, Dec. 8 9:40am ET Senior Men’s Free Skating
Saturday, Dec. 8 11:05am ET Senior Pairs Free Skating
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks Shyla for starting the thread! cheers Nice title! Very Happy

Some videos, to get in the mood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NO7YRXGYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmyKSdaTP8&feature=youtu.be ~ from 5:30 our Japanese skaters as babies sunny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPoi01Z5XSU ~ A little drunken Dai in the end Laughing

GO DAI!!!
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Thank you, Shyla, for the new thread! bounce
Love the cheer in the title!

And ilica, thank you for the links for the video. cheers
I tried the translation for the top one.

https://youtu.be/d81mD83xkM8

Thank you, Shuzo san, for your insight as an athlete yourself! Very Happy

Go Daisuke!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Your welcome ilica and Twind.

Thanks ilica for the videos and Twind thank you for the translation.
My fingers are crossed for Dai that he does well at GPF. I hope Dai does not feel to much pressure
from the media with comparison to Hanyu. I just hope that all of the men skate their best programs
and no matter who wins have no regrets. I liked the comments from the commentator about how
Dai has been the trailblazer for the up and coming Japanese men.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 am

Thank you very very much for the translation, Twind! cheers
Thank you for opening the thread and videos, Shyla and ilica! Very Happy

There was a article which has a similar opinion to the video which Twind translated. Very nicely written.
http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/309662
I just want to add to it that we should not forget about what Takeshi Honda had done for Japanse men's figure skating, as well.

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20121205-1055764.html
Dai-chan arrived at Sochi on Dec 4 from Moscow where he practiced for a few days in order to adjust the time difference. He said "I had good practice. I hope I can make it to the podium by winning over Japanese men. "

Ganbare Dai-chan!! (and his boots!) flower flower
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 am

Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 am

Yeah:

Thanks a lot for links and all those info!
Is this posted here het?

https://youtu.be/yEZ85Z0u1dk

I am getting so excited already and again I know that I will lose sleep.
Some of my Japanese friends are there!!!.( I really envy them, they go to all over the world to see Daisukke skate Very Happy )

Anyway, I will try to get info which will not be on mass media from them. It is much easier to get close the skates as well as couched outside of Japan. So I am hoping that one of them will have opportunity to talk to skaters or coaches directly Razz

Go Dai cheers
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 am

Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Thank you miyu, for all these articles!! Very Happy

I like Daisuke's simple and strong answers in them. sunny

Genki, thank you for the link for the video and Kurt's article!
Isn't the link for the latter cut in half way? Anyway it was easy to find it from the main page and jump to it. ↓

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/opinion/2012/12/grand-prix-heading-for-the-showdown-at-the-sochi-corral.html

And I envy your friends, too.

But also so grateful for their being there for Daisuke cheering him up right there!!

Thank you in advance for the info from the on-site reports. bounce

My heart is beating faster already. Can't last till Friday...
Praying for the best on his condition and his boots.

Go Dai!!
Back to top Go down
Osan
1A
1A

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi! Finally GPF!
After JO ( Dai was wonderful) I believed in an easy season, but unfortunately it isn't. At CoC and NHK Dai was not the Dai I used to. Obviously he has got serious problems. Solved? I hope! However I don't care score. Daisuke for me is always the best an I enjoy his skating.
Go Daisuke, our hearts are with you! Ganbare Dai-chan
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:27 pm

That's good attitude from Dai, I hope he can finally have a skate he's satisfied with and go on to Nationals with a little less pressure!

Gambare Dai-chan! We'll love you no matter what!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:13 pm

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20121205-00000146-jij-spo.html
Both Dai-chan and Yuzu landed quads during the official practice today.

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20121205-OHT1T00246.htm
Takahashi said "I'm in the best shape so far in this season." and landed a quad/quads cleanly.

Some pics are here.
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/20121205/fig12120519220003-p2.html

Genki wrote:
Anyway, I will try to get info which will not be on mass media from them. It is much easier to get close the skates as well as couched outside of Japan. So I am hoping that one of them will have opportunity to talk to skaters or coaches directly
cheers cheers

Twind wrote:
My heart is beating faster already. Can't last till Friday...
Praying for the best on his condition and his boots
Let me pray with you, Twind. Very Happy

Osan wrote:
However I don't care score. Daisuke for me is always the best an I enjoy his skating.
ostile17 wrote:
We'll love you no matter what!
YES! I love you

Ganbare Dai-chan!! flower flower
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Look at his quad!! bounce
https://youtu.be/uDct1No5RJE?t=20s

I hope he can keep this condition until the competition starts.

Ganbare Dai-chan!! flower
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Wow! That quad is gorgeous! And I like how handsome Dai looks there. peace1
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks for all the articles and videos. Dai looks really good and rested. It was a smart idea
for him to arrive early in Moscow to combat the jet lag. Sleep

The quad looks great and it seems like his boot problems are fixed.

Let's talk I love your avatar of Dai!

Hanyu looks good too.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 pm

miyu wrote:
Look at his quad!! bounce
https://youtu.be/uDct1No5RJE?t=20s

I hope he can keep this condition until the competition starts.

Ganbare Dai-chan!! flower

Oh man, is that a bird? is that a plane? NOOOO,IT IS DAI'S QUAD cheers cheers
It made my knee shake cheers

Thanks a lot Miyu.

Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks guys for all the info. Dai and his quad look great! cheers
The Iceberg Skating Palace is beautiful! I pray our king will be the one crowned there! king

Nice member of the GS forum, deedee1, translated Nagamitsu's interview after NHK Trophy. I hope she doesn't mind if I copy it here (I apologize):
"
"Still lots of issues we have to cope with. However, considering Takahashi's bad appearance at CoC due to his losing jumps, it was good for him to be able to adjust it to a certain degree in two weeks and had that result, it was a good competition overall to help us review for further developments/improvements, I think."
"As for his Free skate tonight...well, <laugh>...a long way to get through, I would say, but he got better a bit by bit at each official practices during NHK. So we would rather see it as a meaningful/fruitful process going into the Final."

-His condition is upswinging, isn't it?
"Yes. His physical condition's improving as the season deepens. The next step is to practice more quads, I mean, putting the 2nd quad into his program and he needs to get used to it by trying over and over again."

-About the changes made in his programs:
"We decided to go back to the original(ly-choreographed) ones, then put minor changes as needed. As for the order of jumps in his Free at NHK, especially in the second half, it was the same as the original. As I watched him skate this time, I personally felt relieved and trusting him more, so I think this jump layout will be better than the one at CoC."

-Been a while for us (= the media) to see both you and Mr. Morozov work as a team to instruct Takahashi.
"How many years was it since the last time? <everyone laughs > I can not tell you exactly how many years, but it was when Daisuke skated to the Swan Lake, right? That season coincidentally he also competed at NHK Trophy in Sendai, and that was the last season we worked together...well, now Nikolai stands by my side at the board while Dai skating, and he gets into Dai's performance so much, <with jestures> by responding/reacting to every moves of Dai, you know. It is encouraging not for Daisuke but also for myself, because it makes me sort of feel half-worried and a bit more relaxed watching him skates, thanks to the presence of Nikolai."

-Both you and Mr. Morozov looked very pleased after Takahashi's Free, didn't you?
"Yes. Takahashi was in a very bad condition in jump-wise during CoC, actually. We were not so sure whether he could advance to the Final back then, so it was a big assignment for our team to 'qualify' to the Final as we went into NHK. He had a good enough showing here and made it to the Final. One achievement. Not the best result we had hoped for, but one good achievement."

-How do you see Takahashi this season so far?
"Going into the new season, he was in a very good condition; unlike his usual-self early in the past seasons, you know, so we all had a good feeling. However, his skating boots did not fit well just before COC and the result indicated he did poorly there, on the contrary.
We are in a very important pre-Olympic season. We had to admit something proper/necessary must have been missing somewhere. One more lesson for all of us to have to learn from this, in order for our team to prepare for this season's Worlds and for the Olympic season next year."
"

GO DAI!!!
And the boots, please be good! bounce
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:53 am

Thank you for all the info, guys sunny

Thank you for the quad video, miyu cheers
The quad does look fully rotated bounce
Daisuke appears to be in good spirits in that video, too!

Thank you for posting that translation here, ilica flower
(And thank you, deedee1!)
Quote :
"We decided to go back to the original(ly-choreographed) ones
Hopefully, that can help boost his PCS.

The starting numbers are up:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1213/

Good!!

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:46 am

Great read! Thank you deedee1 from GS for the translation and to you too ilica.

Thanks hsuhs for the link to the starting order. Dai will skate second, that may be good for him less time for him to get nervous.

Any news on a live feed yet?

GO DAI!!!!
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:12 am

Shyla wrote:
Any news on a live feed yet?
Shyla, looks like Russian Sport won't show senior men programs live.

Here's their TV schedule (it's in Russian):

Friday:
http://news.sportbox.ru/video/?channel=256206&time=1354897610

Saturday:
http://news.sportbox.ru/video/?channel=256206&time=1354984010

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eurosport 2 only promises to broadcast men's SP live (but they are not to be trusted) on Friday.

I'm counting on RAI sport I have on my dish. Their feed is now geoblocked though.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:55 am

Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:21 am

hsuhs wrote:
looks like Russian Sport won't show senior men programs live.

This is bad news. Evil or Very Mad So Russian Sport is showing almost everything except the most exciting event? And instead they're showing... skeleton? Rolling Eyes
And no RAI sport for us either.

For some there will be live coverage available on the ISU Skating Channel:
http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html
But due to television right restrictions, the event will not be available in Europe, Canada, USA, Japan, China and Korea. Rolling Eyes

Lets hope Eurosport 2 will behave and show men's SP at least.

Thank you, Genki for the video! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:41 am

This is lousy news about the Russian Feed. Hopefully by Friday some kind person will provide us with a live feed for the Men's SP.

Thanks for the info hsuhs and I hope you get to watch on Rai Sport.
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Both the Men and Pairs events will be shown on Russia 2, while everything else will be as usual on Sport.

For those with a satellite dish in Europe, Raisport will broadcast everything live, except for the gala.

Last edited by ostile17 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Here's an old feed for Russia 2. It seems to be still working!

http://www.tvfy.ru/blog/kanal_rossija_2_onlain_sport/2010-02-18-119
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!   2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 GRAND PRIX FINAL - GO DAISUKE!!!
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next