Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy

Go down 
+5
Lil
let`s talk
fosse
hsuhs
ostile17
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy Empty
PostSubject: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Here's Plushenko's new SP. IMO, he's trying so desperately to be Dai, it's almost scary! Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIwHnbQbYnY
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:05 am

ostile, thank you for the link flower

I have to disagree, to me he's desperately trying to be his old self! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:23 am

Let's say either ways, he's not succeeding! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:02 am

I heard Plushy is going to make another SP with Kenji.
I think that's really good idea.

Pasquale is surely one of best in his job but his works are really tough to perform.

Great SS, musicality, stamina and fast movement..
Those are required elements for Pasquale's work.

Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 am

fosse wrote:
Where did you hear that? Camerlengo came to Estonia just before Italian shows to keep working on his SP for Plush.
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:00 am

I heard that Plushy said he made another SP with Miyamoto in St. Petersburg at event in Japan.
(You may remember he came PIW Tokyo last month.)

He is going to make 2 shorts.
Back to top Go down
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:18 pm

OMG, it was so beautiful.
I shed a few tears, that`s how do masters skate.

Thank you, maestro Camerlengo. You`ve got that magic.
Though I don`t see the reason why they didn`t paste jumps after second half of the program.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:16 pm

fosse wrote:
Interesting!
I wonder which of the two SPs he's going to perform in competition.
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Kenji is also choreographing Plushenko's LP, right?
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

fosse wrote:
I heard that Plushy said he made another SP with Miyamoto in St. Petersburg at event in Japan.
(You may remember he came PIW Tokyo last month.)

He is going to make 2 shorts.
Of course I remember that he came to PIW last month if I visited 4 shows there. But I think you misunderstood something, in translation probably. Kenji wasn't in St-Petersburg. Pasquale was there and worked on SP with Plu. Later he came to the Estonian Tartu and worked on SP again. Kenji was in Italy only and worked on LP with Plushenko. He was also seen with him in PIW backstage, and Plu mentioned that Kenji might come to St-Petersburg to keep working on their stuff- LP. That is all.

Guys, the video in OP is a show prog, but the music is the one that he is going to use for his SP. Moreover, this particular record was done on 17th when he damaged his right boot and could hardly finish the stuff. The SP, or at least the undercooked one, he showed on the very first show on 13th. The fan did the video of that skate, uploaded on facebook and the link was sent via PM on Plush forum. The "secrecy" was the request of Plu because the SP is not ready yet. There, on 13th, he jumped 3A (step out), 3L, 3A (in the second half), very fast combo spin with a good sit position at the end, in the encore he landed a solid combo 3A-3T. The footstep is gorgeous. In general his body is softer, smooth lines, not just showy and cocky, as he sometimes likes to appear. I don't know, and nobody knows, if it stays that way or some changes will come.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Thank you for the link and the detailed infomation, ostile17 and let's talk. Very Happy

Here is Yuzu's new SP, he also uses a piece of music from Gary Moore coincidentally. (However I bet all of you've already known it! Wink )

Yuzuru Hanyu "Parisienne Walkways" choreographed by Jeff Buttle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-5Azy4g1o0

BTW, I don't like Gary Moore...................
Back to top Go down
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks for link, miyu.
It`s like eeeeverybody was so impressed with Dai`s Blues for Klook, that now they all kinda echoing him.
Also AFAIK, junior dancers will skate to Blues and hip-hop this season. Basketball
Dai, could they better you? Razz
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Lil wrote:
Thanks for link, miyu.
It`s like eeeeverybody was so impressed with Dai`s Blues for Klook, that now they all kinda echoing him.
Also AFAIK, junior dancers will skate to Blues and hip-hop this season. Basketball
Dai, could they better you? Razz

Lil, that's exactly the same feeling I have after having seen these two programs and musical choices, and the tendency from all other "great" skaters to focus more on the artistic side.

I think Dai really made history this past season, and it's going to be hard to top that for everyone, including him, probably. Although I am sure that when he comes back, he will be miles ahead of everyone else, just when they are struggling to emulate his blues.
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Lil and ostile17

It seems to me that's the one of reasons he was so concerned about deciding his programs' numbers.

Thanks for explanning about situation, let's talk.

Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:45 pm

In today's interview with Evgeni I found the following two things interesting:

- he says he's not planning to skate in GP this season, only in JO, Russian Nats and Euros for sure

- his former choreographer Avdysh is still a member of his team

http://rsport.ru/interview/20120820/611752088.html

ETA: Last time Plushy competed in Worlds, was in 2004, which was during the pre-CoP era (in 2005 he withdrew after placing 5th in SP, due to an injury)
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:50 am

fosse wrote:
Thanks for explanning about situation, let's talk.
Well, actually the person who attended the Ulysse Nardin event said that "Zhenya was just saying like "Kenji will come to St.Petersburg after Italian show. We're going to work with him more, and polish the program. And short program and long program with him."

But I still think that there was some misunderstanding in translation probably. Nowhere in Russian press Plush team said anything different but: LP- Miyamoto and SP- Camerlengo.

On the other hand, you never know.
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:00 am

Hi there :-)

I have just watched the videos - thanks -, it means almost both :-) The music played when Plushenko skated got on my nerves, it was crazy. And I think Plushenko's movement appear softer but the programme was too cramped! It made me feel aggressive, first the music and then his elements so that I had to stop watching ... whereas when watching Yuzuru it was different. First I thought "oh no, such music again" but Jeffrey Buttle understood that the programme to such music required some "peaceful/quiet" elements / sequences as well ... I liked it :-)

Cheers
Gudrun.

Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Plushenko's FP? It's not R & J choreographed by Kenji. So he has two FPs?

https://youtu.be/Zp2Gb6KBmLs

WOW in many ways........... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:39 am

Thanks for the video, MIyu.

I just saw this one, slightly different angle.

https://youtu.be/Ou6NmhHdf_M

I like the step sequence, but not too much chorio in the beginning.
So he scrapped Keni's program?
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 am

Interview with Plushenko's coach Mishin. Seems like he did not like Miyamoto RJ program so they are not using it. Maybe someone else can make sense of this article. I did the google translation but you know how that is not reliable all the time.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5108.html
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:41 am

Thank you for the link, Shyla. Very Happy

Shyla wrote:
Seems like he did not like Miyamoto RJ program so they are not using it.
If so, that's too bad. … According to my google translation, Mishin said "First we did with the Japanese choreographer Kenji Miyamoto to music Nina Rota "Romeo and Juliet." It was a good program, but it lacked what I call, a triumphant finale."
So he thinks 'a triumphant finale' is necessary for a figure skating program… Rolling Eyes (well, it doesn't surprise me though.)

I only watched couples of Russian videos but so far I really like Sotonikova's FP! sunny
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:11 pm

How about Mr. A.Mishin choreographing his pupils' programs? tongue
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:58 pm

miyu wrote:
According to my google translation, Mishin said "First we did with the Japanese choreographer Kenji Miyamoto to music Nina Rota "Romeo and Juliet." It was a good program, but it lacked what I call, a triumphant finale."

Your google translation is correct, miyu.

But yet in another interview

http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2012-09-17/15_2/?view=page

Plushenko says:

I: You skated to Saint-Saens's Swan during your test skate, even though you were talking about a different free program last summer. Do you think R & J program doesn't suit you?

P: It does suit me. We just have multiple free program ideas in store (smiling). As well as short programs.

I: Does it mean there's a chance you'll be skating different competitive programs during the season?

P: Remember, I did something like that in the past too. It's possible I'll have several different programs.

I: What (other) short programs do you have?

P: smiling

I: Is it a secret?

P: Yes, of course it is. You'll find out when (I skate them) in competitions.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Thank you for the translation, hsuhs.
So there still is possibility we can see Plushenko skating Kenji's program someday. bounce
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Thank you hsuhs for the translation. I am still pessimistic about Plushenko skating to Miyamoto's RJ. If we do see this program I am sure that it will be re-tooled quite a bit because Mishin does not like it, and Mishin is the Boss. We can hope for the best. I was really looking forward to seeing Plushenkos skate to Miyamoto's choreography.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy   Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy Empty

Back to top Go down

Plushenko's new SP from Stars on Ice, Piné, Italy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next