Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)

Go down 
+9
Yshion
TwisterSister
hsuhs
Shatterpoint
Lil
hazelq
panther
MissC
nipponophile
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)   Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Great to hear from you, Leode.

Yes, these last few day have been very very sad. I hope things will change for the better soon. But it's very sad to learn about all those lost lives.

About 2011 Worlds, I understand there's a lot of uncertainty regarding the new date, right now.

I'm not sure how I feel about that, because at the moment I'm not even in the mood for Worlds, but I realize other people's interests should be taken into consideration, like those of the athletes who've been working hard all year. Also ISU, the sponsors and the fans. I guess we wait and see.
Back to top Go down
hazelq
1A
1A
hazelq

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2010-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)   Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm glad to hear that you're safe Leode Smile

It is terrible what has happened to Japan and I think it was very wise from ISU to postpone Worlds, but it is still sad for all the athletes that work so hard to prepare for this event Sad

Btw, Dai just posted a new message in his blog...

http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/2011/03/post_44.html

Thanks to D1sk61316Eng tweets I was able to understand, because google translator left me confused Razz

I was informed that the World Figure Skating Championship is cancelled. The member of the team D1sk and I would offer a deepest sympathy for those who lost their lives, and pray for the people suffering from this unprecedented catastrophy. At the same time, we sincerely respect the rescue team who's working all night long to cope with the situation without a sleep. I understood that the skating fans might worry about the situation regarding the World Figure Skating Championship 2011 but officials at ISU as well as JSF are working on the situation. What I can do at this moment is to continue practicing and to monitor the situation. In addition, what I think most important is each one of you to share a sympathy and that might create a large single power that you might not be able to make it alone. I am hoping that our merged thoughts can make the things go through at this difficult time.

Daisuke Takahashi

Back to top Go down
http://heizeru316.tumblr.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)   Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Thank you for the link, hazelq.

I was expecting a message coming from Daisuke and / or his team. I google translated the one you linked, and got a general impression of him talking about continuing to practice and that it's now the time to unite as a nation. But I could be wrong.

Guys,

If there's anything I can do, I'll do it. I could send long-storage groceries, candles, rechargeable AA batteries along with the battery charger, you name it.

Give me an address, I'll send it to you.
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)   Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Just want to thank everyone on the forum for their prayers, thoughts and offers of help for the people of Tohoku and Kanto. In Tokyo, there was a lot of shaking, but thank God no tsunami damage. Hazelq, really appreciate the update on the condition of all the skaters, and wonderful that Dai was safe in Fukui, but I'm really sorry to hear about Fumie's grandfather.

I was planning to go to watch Worlds, so am anxious to see what the final decision is, but agree that at this time, it was best to cancel. Continuing to pray for the survivors, the smooth progress of relief efforts and success in fixing the nuclear situation. This country is awesome and will overcome, which will be great encouragement to the skaters for all Japanese skaters when the next Worlds take place. Smile
Back to top Go down
hazelq
1A
1A
hazelq

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2010-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)   Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:58 pm

I've been following the recent news on regard the World Championship but ISU hasn't decided on what's going to happen and will publish that decision this friday or next monday. There are only rumors of what could happen... like cancelling worlds, postponing worlds til october so Japan can still host it Shocked and host Worlds in a different country. Many countries like Russia, Sweden, Italy, Switzerland and US have mention they could host Worlds in april/may if ISU asks them.

Personally I think the idea of postponing world until october is ridiculous since it's when next season starts and probably if this happens many skaters are going to struggle next season because they will have to peak 2 times (october for Worlds 2011 and march for Worlds 2012) Mad AND most importantly I'm not sure if Dai will participate since he was planning on having the knee surgery this summer Sad

A lot of skaters have published their thoughts on the situation of Japan and the uncertainty or Worlds. http://goldenskate.com/articles/2010/031711.shtml

I'm really curious as to what Dai and the japanese skaters think about all this "october" idea Rolling Eyes

By the way I found a youtube video of the interview Dai gave before the tsunami, I assume it was on march 11 on his open practice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuP1G5G_hk

He's looking really good!! I was amazed at his doughnut spin and was that a clean 4T? cheers

Back to top Go down
http://heizeru316.tumblr.com
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)   Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:50 am

Just adding a bit of information. The Swedish skating federation did consider offering to host the WC, however yesterday they decided that it was not possible for us to arrange the championships on such a short notice.

I'm following the news very intensively. The situation in Japan is very worrisome, and I hope it doesn't get any worse. Having the WC might be a good income for Japan right now, but also they need to focus on rebuilding the damaged areas. That's not done in a day or two..... It'll be intresting to see what the ISU decides. No matter, I hope things turn for the better in Japan soon.
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)   Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:39 pm

I haven't been here for a while, but I just wanted to add my sympathy to all the Japanese people who post here. I hope you're all fine and not being affected too hardly by the earthquake, tsunami, snow/cold weather and nuclear crisis. It has been heart-breaking to watch this incredible and sad chain of events unfold, and I've been constantly thinking about your wonderful country since March 11. I hope the recovery process will be smooth and I am confident that Japan can come back stronger than ever.

In the meantime, the faith of the World Championships should be decided this week. A few federations seem interested in hosting the competition and no matter where they happen, I want to thank them for their willingness and effort to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)   Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worlds Tokyo March 2011 - need advice (esp Japan-based fans)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2