Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evan Lysacek's New Programs

Go down 
+3
hsuhs
miyu
swandie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Evan Lysacek's New Programs Empty
PostSubject: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 am

IceNetwork has posted Evan's music in his bio: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/detail.jsp?id=100081&mode=I

SP Music: "Bolero" by Ravel
FS Music: "Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gershwin

Bolero....Suspect Wasn't expecting that at all! Evan usually goes for more powerful music. As for the free, quite a few skaters are using Gershwin. I hope Evan picked a jazz version of Rhapsody in Blue. This will be very interesting to see...
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Thank you for the information, swandie! Very Happy Very Happy

How can I say?? scratch I agree with you, swandie. Both of them are different from his usual style.
"Rhapsody in Blue" reminds me Ilia Kulik in Nagano Olympics. I loved the program very much at that time except his costume. Hahaha. Razz Razz (For me Kulik is the best looking skater so far besides Dai-chan... Embarassed )
It seems it is unclear which choreographer did "Rhapsody in Blue". Tarasova did Kulik's but I can't imagine Evan dancing like that... Rolling Eyes Perhaps we will be able to see his new style of skating with the music. Very Happy
BTW, will he skate in blue??? bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 7:51 pm

These skaters have used RiB in their programs. (see the link)

Last edited by hsuhs on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Thank you for the heads up, swandie! Very Happy
I agree with you, swandie, I wasn't expecting "Bolero" for Evan.No It's very standard music for figure skating. I wanted to see his "Pirates of the Caribbean", Hahaha. Cool

Yeah, miyu. "Rhapsody in Blue" reminds me Ilia's performance. But I'm interested in Evan's approaches to this kind of music.

glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Thank you, swandie! Very Happy

swandie wrote:
Evan usually goes for more powerful music.
I remember Plushenko used Bolero for a SP and it was strong and powerfull, IMO... even if I don't like that program so much... especially some particular pelvis' movements... Suspect
So I think Evan can put his energy in this program...
but I don't like this choise so much...

miyu wrote:
"Rhapsody in Blue" reminds me Ilia Kulik in Nagano Olympics. I loved the program very much at that time except his costume. Hahaha. (For me Kulik is the best looking skater so far besides Dai-chan... )

Yes... I remember Ilia Kulik's "Rhapsody in Blue" (every time I see this program I think to a giraffe Rolling Eyes ...).
I hope Evan can do a great job with this music and show something new. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 am

Bolero? Seriously? Not that I can imagine him doing Gershwin either, but ok. Nope, I do not like these choices at all. Hoping for the best anyway.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 4:05 am

Leode wrote:
I wanted to see his "Pirates of the Caribbean", Hahaha. Cool

I would've loved to see that too! Imagine the costume. Laughing

miyu wrote:
BTW, will he skate in blue??? bounce bounce

It's likely...I can see it now: blue shirt, black pants. Smile
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:32 pm

Leode wrote:
I wanted to see his "Pirates of the Caribbean", Hahaha. Cool
swandie wrote:
I would've loved to see that too! Imagine the costume. Laughing
Wonderful choice of music for him! I love to see it too!

Stephane's "Summer Time" and Evan's "Rhapsody in Blue" sound interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Ummm. I'm really curious about what kind of music Dai-chan chose for FP. Can we know it soon??? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:45 am

Hi everybody! As you might have already read, but icenetwork.com posted a follow up news.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080812&content_id=50722&vkey=ice_news

It became clear that both new programs were choreographed by Tarasova, and the costumes are “not like anything I've ever worn in my life”, according to Evan.

Now we all know how serious he is to change his style. Wear costume which she selected... affraid My prediction… in the end, Evan could be the most transformed skater of 2008-09 season. I cannot wait for watching new Evan!

Cheers! Roko
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:53 am

Hi Roko. I definitely did read that article! I am certainly looking forward to seeing what Evan's choreography is like as well as what he's wearing. Laughing Gone will be the simple costumes we've come to expect from Evan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evan Lysacek's New Programs   Evan Lysacek's New Programs Empty

Back to top Go down

Evan Lysacek's New Programs
Page 1 of 1