Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.

Go down 
+2
glorydave
miyu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Dai-chan was given a graduation certificate at the entrance ceremony of Kansai University on 1st April because he couldn't attend at the graduation ceremony due to Wolrd Figure Skating Championships.

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20080402-OHT1T00089.htm
http://www.asahi.com/kansai/sports/OSK200804010081.html

He was also given Special Achievement Awards with a specially-made university gown and medal. The head of the university gave him them saying "We give you a gold medal from Kansai University."

He has entered the graduate school of Kansai Univ. He said "I'd like to go to Vancouver with Nobunari Oda (who is also a student of Kansai Univ.) while I'm in school."

Don't you think he got a bit of weight???? Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Thank you for the news, miyu! Very Happy

CONGRATULATIONS, DAISUKE!

Sorry... pictures are a bit funny... in Italy we don't use gown when we graduate... when I gradueted only teachers wore them... Rolling Eyes

I'm so happy to see Daisuke talking about Nobunari... I'd like to see they having good time together again! alien
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Oh this is so great!! So happy for Daisuke cheers alien

And now I wish he updated his blog! Because I want to read about all this and other stuff as he puts it in his own words.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 4:59 pm

hsuhs wrote:
And now I wish he updated his blog! Because I want to read about all this and other stuff as he puts it in his own words.
YES! Every day I watch Daisuke's blog to see if he updates it... bounce
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 8:26 pm

Thank you for the information and links, miyu!
Congratulation, Daisuke!! cheers
I'm glad to hear that you talked about Nobunari Oda, too!

Here is vid from the ceremony of Kansai University. Daisuke appeared the middle of the vid.
http://www.ipcku.kansai-u.ac.jp/nyugaku08/nyugaku_p04.asx
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:41 pm

I saw this on FSU. Congrats, Daisuke!! cheers cheers

The gown is pretty massive considering how small Dai is! In the U.S., undergrads don't wear anything like that!

glorydave wrote:

I'm so happy to see Daisuke talking about Nobunari... I'd like to see they having good time together again! alien

Me too! I remember he said he wanted to go to the Olympics with Nobu a couple of years ago and I'm glad he still does. I hope they will get a chance to talk to each other again soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:10 am

Hi, thanks very much for the good news, miyu!

Thank you for the graduation video too, Leode!

I just want to post the entire quote from Daisuke about Nobunari. It's from fsuniverse.com (posted by MINAM).

Quote :
He has enrolled in the graduate school from April. Asked what his future goal is, Takahashi replied "To skate in Vancouver Olympics with (Nobunari) Oda-kun. We both did a lot for Kansai-University, it would be great if we could win Gold and Silver."

It's so kind of him to say this.

Quote :
Sorry... pictures are a bit funny... in Italy we don't use gown when we graduate... when I gradueted only teachers wore them...

Quote :
The gown is pretty massive considering how small Dai is! In the U.S., undergrads don't wear anything like that!

LOL, glorydave and swandie!!

Graduation from college is indeed a huge achievement for Daisuke and I guess it's now on to graduate school for him (time has seemed to move so fast).
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 7:41 am

I just watched the vid of the graduation ceremony. Wow, this is indeed a really valueable video. I cannot believe that it's available for watching online. I feel quite proud of him while watching it (to be acknowledged this way is surely quite an honor for him).

If it were me, I would be so scared and embarrased to go on the stage and receive an award/give a speech like Daisuke did in front of so many people.

By the way Japanese fans, if you have some extra time can one of you give a quick summary of what Daisuke said in his speech? Thank you so much! I love you
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 3:47 pm

I found this article about Daisuke's graduation.
It's so strange to read about that on an italian site... Daisuke is becoming an important skater also here! Razz

I post the link. Sorry, but now I have no time to translate... I will do it as soon as I can...

http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/5503
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 3:50 pm

UMgal wrote:
By the way Japanese fans, if you have some extra time can one of you give a quick summary of what Daisuke said in his speech? Thank you so much! I love you

At first he congratulated to new students and thanked Kansai Univ for inviting him here and giving him a special award.

I spent 4 years here in Kansai Universiy. I came to like Kansai University very much during those 4 years. By experiencing a lot of things, there were difficulties and enjoyments, and learning plenty things, I could grow up.
You might know it though, I will enroll in the Graduate School. I'd like to experience and learn many for 2 years here again and grow into an adult a step further.
While I'm in the school I'd like to go to Vancouver Olympics with Nobunari Oda who is one year my junior.

Please come to like Kansai University. And please tresure everyday not to regret for 4 years from now.

Sorry for my imparfect translation again!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 4:01 pm

glorydave wrote:
I found this article about Daisuke's graduation.
Wow! It's a long article. I'm happy to know Dai-chan become a one of the most popular skaters in Italy. Please translate when you have time! Thanks a lot.Very Happy Very Happy

I forgot posting this. You can see Dai-chan weaing suits (no gown) in the morning ceremony around 6:30. His speech was almost the same.Wink
http://www.ipcku.kansai-u.ac.jp/nyugaku08/nyugaku_a04.asx
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 1:08 am

Thank you for the video Leode and miyu! Very Happy
And thank you miyu for translation!
I've never thought I could see Daisuke's graduation's ceremony!

Here translation of the article I've posted:

Despite his fourth place at Worlds, where he was expected as winner, Daisuke Takahashi had a season full of great results: first at Skate America and at NHK Trophy, second at GPF, master at 4CC, where he stole world record for total and free to Evgeni Plushenko, winner of the bonus of 45.000 dollars given by ISU to the skater who had more points in this season for World Standing, where he is first. [...]
This big zeal in sport (if you have seen him in Courmayeur last summer you know he doesn't joke) wasn't to study's detriment. Infact Daisuke gradueted in letter in March in Kensai University, where he studied four years. Now, at 22 years old, he will continue to engage both on sport and on study: in april he will start study again in the Graduate School of Letter, in Kensai University, for the master.
Takahashi spends part of his time also to promote his university.
Kansai University offers advantageous study's conditions to the top athletes, favouring sport (Kansai University opened an icerink in 2006 for the university team - also Takahashi and Oda belong to it). In exchange athletes promote the university's imagine. So Takahashi did a welcome speech for the new students, during the opening ceremony of the new academic year. During the ceremony Daisuke was given the graduation certificate he couldn't take in march because of the Worlds. He also received a gown and a gold medal.
In his speech Takahashi also talked about Oda: "I 'd like to go to Vancouver with Nobunari. We both did a lot for Kensai University. It will be great if we could win gold and silver".

Sorry for my English... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 8:50 am

Thank you miyu and glorydave for your translations for DTFF! I really enjoyed reading them. You guys did an awesome job translating. Cool

Quote :
It's so strange to read about that on an italian site... Daisuke is becoming an important skater also here!

Wow, this surprises me too, but it's such a good thing for Daisuke to gain more recognition outside of his home country Japan. He deserves it.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 11:47 pm

Other video of the ceremony from youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBGL4CPN5ro
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks for the video and the article translation, glorydave! Dai's really gaining worldwide popularity if the Italian media is writing about his graduation. I doubt it will show up in the US media but it's great that he's becoming more popular worldwide (which is exactly what Morozov wants for him).
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Thank you very much for your translation, glorydave!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I'm really impressed to know Dai-chan's reputation has become widespread all over the world.

swandie wrote:
he's becoming more popular worldwide which is exactly what Morozov wants for him
Yes! Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.   Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ. Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke was given a graduation certificate of Kansai Univ.
Page 1 of 1