Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork Empty
PostSubject: Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork   Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 10:47 pm

I found this interview of Johnny Weir about Worlds 2008.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080306&content_id=45253&vkey=ice_news

He also talked about Daisuke:
Quote :
"Everyone has had really highs and lows this season except for Takahashi, so going into it I'm eying Takahashi as the favorite."

Eheh... I agree with Johnny this time!

GO DAISUKE!!!
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork   Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:03 am

There are also audio interviews up with Evan Lysacek, Kimmie Meissner, and Tanith Belbin.

Evan also talked about Daisuke saying that he was the political favorite for Worlds this year.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork   Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Thank you, glorydave, swandie and Johnny (hahaha Razz Razz )!!

I've heard Evan's interview. (The interview was quite long, wasn't it??? Rolling Eyes )

I think Evan mentioned he will remove 2A and add 3F and it will make him to do 3-2 instead of 3-3 because anway he can't get extra points unless he land the second triple properly.
I thought about this for a while. Perhaps he meant he would do 3A-2T instead of 3A-3T. It really makes sense. Maybe we can say 3A-3T is very rewardless combo to do considering the number of triples which a skater can do is limited. It is better to jump triples as solo or in easy combo to land clean and get more points.
And then I realized this is Morozov's strategy!! Exclamation Since 06-07 season I wondered why Dai-chan stopped to do 3A-3T. But now I understand. Morozov is very clever.
After his great achievement at 4CC, I think many skaters will follow Dai-chan and Morozov's strategy. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork   Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 1:51 am

Thank you for letting us know the info, glorydave, swandie. I went into the site and enjoyed reading articles and listening to telephone conferences!!

miyu wrote:
After his great achievement at 4CC, I think many skaters will follow Dai-chan and Morozov's strategy. bounce bounce

Yes, that is true, I think, Miyu. Daisuke and Morozov have sent "message" to the world at 4CC! These responses are expected. I believe Daisuke and Morozov will not stop at 4CC level and will exceed everybody's expectation at Worlds. Morozov mentioned he would make some changes with Daisuke's programs. I cannot imagine where to change, so I cannot wait for watching them!!

By the say, Evan talked about lots including his blood sugar issue, diet, his plan for college education after figure skate career and Japan Open on April 20. Evan disclosing his weakness & soft side = adorable Embarassed . Actually, I started becoming his fan after EX of 4CC... I may come to Japan Open with a banner for Evan.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork   Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi Roko! Yeah, I'm very impressed how diligent Evan is in all aspect as a top skater by the interview.

Roko wrote:
I may come to Japan Open with a banner for Evan.
Hahaha. Evan will be very glad to see your banner!! Cool Cool

Everyone might have already found of these article, but I introduce them. Jeff and Brian also mentioned Dai-chan as the favorite of coming Wolrd Championships.

Jeff: "He was in a league of his own, no question, at Four Continents," Buttle said. "He blew us out of the water. I think if he skates like that at worlds, I can't [defeat him]. I don't have the repertoire in my program to compete with that.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080311.SKATE11/TPStory/Sports

(Oh, Jeff. You are so honest and nice person to say so. But I really looking forward to seeing your beautiful skating at Worlds.Very Happy Very Happy )

Brian:"And then there is certainly Daisuke. His score at Four Continents was outstanding. I am sure he is in good shape. He might become world champion easily."
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080311&content_id=45602&vkey=ice_news

(I worry about his condition.Neutral I think he was usually more agressive. Take care yourself please, Brian. I hope he is in good shape now.)

I'm glad to hear the top contenders admit Dai-chan as the favorite of the competition but at the same time I start to feel anxious. I worry about the pressure which will be upon Dai-chan who will feel strong expactaions from millions of people at Worlds.....Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
He has never gone to such a big international competition as a big favorite of it before. It will be very hard for anyone to overcome the pressure and skate well as a favorite, though.Neutral Neutral Neutral

GO DAI-CHAN!!!cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork   Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 9:53 pm

miyu wrote:

I'm glad to hear the top contenders admit Dai-chan as the favorite of the competition but at the same time I start to feel anxious. I worry about the pressure which will be upon Dai-chan who will feel strong expactaions from millions of people at Worlds.....Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
He has never gone to such a big international competition as a big favorite of it before. It will be very hard for anyone to overcome the pressure and skate well as a favorite, though.Neutral Neutral Neutral

I feel the exact same way, miyu! I hope Dai is not putting too much pressure on himself. I can tell he really wants this and I would hate to see him sad. There is a lot of pressure out there and I can only hope that Dai is not paying too much attention to it.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork   Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork Empty

Back to top Go down

Johnny Weir's interview on icenetwork
Page 1 of 1