Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ICE EXPLOSION 2020

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3549
Registration date : 2013-03-30

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:42 pm

In order to have all related news in one place, so it's easier to find them!!

First of all...great news!!! TokyoTV will broadcast the show  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  Sunday 19th January at 16:00 JT

IE2020 - broadcast info

First night of reharsal four days ago - Hiro san's IG (already posted in the general 2020 news topic)

First night of reharsal

Today's tv news!!  Love his heartful laugh while practicing The Phoenix with Misha (seems they will skate it together) I love you  I love you  Ice Dance group number, too  cheers  cheers  cheers

SPORTS - Reharsal 09 01 20

5 seconds - pure beauty in motion

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:52 pm

World Figure Skating's next issue on Nationals 2019 will feature Dai-The Phoenix on the cover. The magazine will be on pre-sale at Ice Explosion starting from tomorrow (I bet it will be sold out in just few minutes!!)

Open carefully and at your own risk!!! drunken drunken

Heart attack!!

Sky-Court has posted on their FB page: Dai visited the headquarter on 26 Dec, after Nats. Sky-Court will have a stand at the rink during IE 2020.

26 12 19 - Dai at Sky Court

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 11:07 am

The show has started - more or less 1.30 hour ago if I'm not wrong.

Before it started Dai and his long time friend Hiro have posted instastories from backstage a couple of hours ago. But as the direct long links cause misalignement issues I tried to save them in an image hosting website.  Please, let me know if you cannot see them

Dai's instastory

Hiro's instastory

According to fans' tweets, the arena is full packed (and I bet there are tons of Dai's towels I love you I love you) Quadruple Axel reports that a big applause raised from audience when Dai entered the ice

Quad Axel

Full packed arena

Sky Court's stand

This fan is happy her seat is just behind the smoke generator for The Phoenix. Very Happy I envy her: she is going to enjoy Dai's rock butts!!

Seat behind the smoke

Now I have to run and get ready for work. Let's hope to have more info and pics from fans and media when I'm back home!!

Have a Dai-gorgeous Daiday!!! sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 11:43 am

Hi Pattina, thanks for the short reports about IE! Seems to be going well.

Yesterday's rehearsal video has a wonderful atmosphere. So nice to see Dai-chan happy and concentrated at work he loves!

I also noticed the problem with long links that cannot be shortened. The idea with hosted images works well.

I'm also looking forward to more pics from IE, hopefully also videos.  bounce
Don't have much time to search & post links at the moment, so thanks for all the provided Dai goodies!

Pattina wrote:
Have a Dai-gorgeous Daiday!!!

Same to you!  Very Happy   We will certainly have that! sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 9:39 pm

sonabilis wrote:

Pattina wrote:
Have a Dai-gorgeous Daiday!!!

Same to you!  Very Happy   We will certainly have that! sunny sunny sunny

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! It's DAI-HEAVEN!!!!!!! drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

Back from office (Friday is 5 hours day for me) and I'm just gasping and collapsing......

Main source for info is Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi FB fanpage. Thanks a lot!!

Dai skated in various numbers

Opening - The Time is Now
Collaboration with Kana - Feeling Good (Kana skated as solo but in the end Dai reached her for final part)
Collaboration with Misha, Elladji, Kobahiro, Oden - The Phoenix
Beauty and the Beast Medley - Muramoto/Takahashi (choreo by Charlie White) and other Ice Dancers
Solo number - 9000 Days
Finale - Ever Again/Celebrate

Tv news  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

Kana/Dai

The Phoenix - Kana/Dai

Pics from various online newspapers/sources. Apologize if some pics are double, there are so many......

Kana/Dai The Beauty and the Beast (the main topic  Very Happy )

Opening

Group

Dark Beauty

Collaboration with Kana

Feeling Good 1

Feeling Good 2

Slow motion clip

The Phoenix

To Dai for

Red passion

Black wonder

Happy Boys

Dai solo - 9000 days

Finale

Shiny Happy Dai

Press conference

Posts in English with links to original Japanese media source

Sponichi

Nikkansports

Daily. co

Tokyo sports

JIJICOM - press conference

The show has been a success and the feedbacks from audience/media are great!!! Dai was also director, so firsthand involved in artistic creation of numbers and general schedule.

I think it's enough for now - hope more will come in next days!!!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

More!!!!   cheers  cheers  cheers

Video1 : Opening, Kana/Dai and Finale.  Greeting the audience, Dai almost forgot to wish Happy New Year  Laughing  Laughing  (so Dai  I love you )

Tv news  SPORTS

Video 2: Feeling Good (final part with Dai) and Beauty/Beast Medley

News 23

Pics

with violinist Emiri Miyamoto

Press conference

Source  https://twitter.com/emirimiyamoto/status/1215631510704836609

Probably taken before the show - Dai's smile is killing me!!!

Shining bright

Source https://twitter.com/naturie_D1SK/status/1215532841968123904
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2011-12-10

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 4:19 am

I am in DaiHeaven, so much content! Love Kana/Dai they move so well together.

Dai looks so darn Handsome. I think he has found the fountain of youth. I really like
the song he is skating to in his new Exhibition, hopefully we will get full videos soon.

Thanks Pattina as always you are right on top of things and thanks to all the
Dai fans who provided all the Dai-goodies.
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 6:04 am

Woooooow! I'm speechless. Thanks, thanks, thanks for this flood of delicacies!  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

Well, the show is obviously about to be a huge success. Mood in the cast seems to be wonderful (as usual, wherever Dai-chan is, the mood is good. He also seems to have the talent to connect people).
Dai shines like a comet, almost bursting with energy and joy. Ice Explosion!   sunny  
The Kana-Dai parts, I could watch them a thousand times. There is something, a vibrating flair...  very exciting, very charming!  I love you
Passion-style ice dance, as Dai said.
"Feeling Good" ending has a little bit of LOTF vibes, doesn't it? Very Happy

And show master Dai is now so well-versed he can easily entertain his audience at microphone. Including adorable Dai-oops moments  Laughing  

News say Dai is still wearing his solo skates this time.  (I was wondering about that, but of course, he can't suddenly change them)
And he's ambitious and eager to start learning... well, knowing Dai.  Cool  Cool
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 12:13 pm

This tweet says "9000 days" is from Soundtrack of "Invictus" by Clint Eastwood.

"Phoenix army"
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 1:11 pm

Thanks, sonabilis: love The Phoenix Army and the determined expression of its Captain I love you I love you

Dai's new instastory!!! (oh my.... is he turning social?? Laughing Laughing )

IE Day 2

Today's tv news - more or less the same of yesterday but with a bit more of The Phoenix

Tv news 11 01 20

A fan has captured a nice screenshot from one of the videos: lines and moving together are important in Ice Dance and Kana/Dai are on the right path!!

2 moving as 1

Source https://twitter.com/nekotetoneko/status/1215874697574797317

Also this pic underlines the beauty of synchro movements. The Sochi costume is perfect to embody Prince Dai I love you I love you I love you

Beautiful lines

Source - new article published today but with same info already known. Dai is quoted again about how much he is worried about the future.

Takahashi smiled bitterly, saying, "I'm so desperate that I can't imagine what it will be like." In the future, they will begin full-scale practice in the United States in February with the aim of participating in the Beijing Olympics in 2022. "I hope we can afford more and get a world view of the two," he envisioned playing an active part in a new frontier.

https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2020/01/11/0013024763.shtml

more pics from another article - sorry, I have no time now to post single links to each pic. Scroll page to find more!!!

Oricon News - photogalley IE 2020

Brand new!! Dai has just posted an instavideo. Funny and dorky faces Laughing Laughing Apologize but if I post the link the page will go misaligned so I avoid.

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Dai after today's second show. drunken drunken drunken drunken

Always amazed by his simple beauty

Yess!!!!!!!!!! Dai's instavideo has been saved!!! cheers cheers cheers

Adorkable Dai-chan
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Hyoen meeting in the backstage Very Happy

Hyoen Group
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 10:34 pm

other backstage pics

This one is with members of dance ensemble ORA xD. According to automatic translation, this was the first live figure skating show they attended and were very impressed and happy.  

Dai, Kanako and ORAxD

This was posted by Jian Tong (Pair Pang/Tong) in his weibo account and reposted by a fan. With them, the young Chinese skaters taking part in the show

Dai, Pang/Tong & others

Source: https://twitter.com/jasminfadl/status/1215998570391752705

Our Nobu-san's impression after yesterday's show     cheers  cheers
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 12:22 am

Pics from Newscom - pity they remain small even after selection. However there are some pics of Dark Dai that will leave you breathless....

Newscom - Ice Explosion 2020

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 12:06 pm

Some links/pics in random order, don't have time to arrange them properly.

Welcome to Rock Concert!  lol!

newscom photos enlarged 1 - Batman Dai  Laughing

newscom photos enlarged 2

Dai & Kana

Kiki Nakanishi - pics are also in her instastory, plus a photo with Utako sensei.

Daiinstastory updated, this time without funny faces, but a sweet smile.(It's downright scary what Dai can do to his face. Shocked  What kind of facial muscles does he have??)

Seji Fukushi went to see IE and felt inspired. Another little Hyoen reunion on photo.

Deracinated Flower

Last edited by sonabilis on Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 1:04 pm

Thanks a lot, sonabilis. Seems you woke up very early today!! Lot of Dai's beauty drunken drunken drunken drunken

The link to Deracinated Flower's post does not work (it's again the link to newscom photos enlarged posted by mama-d)

At Sky-Court's desk a fan received 2 pics with Dai's signature

Signed pics

Up to now there are no news - almost all tweets/retweets by Dai's fans are the same links already posted by dear sonabilis. Let's wait and hope for more after the end of the shows.

Have you all a happy SunDai!!!
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Pattina wrote:
The link to Deracinated Flower's post does not work

Ooops! Sorry! I've fixed it now. This should be the correct one Smile

EDIT A quote from an Oricon article from yesterday:

From the ice dance skaters who co-starred in this performance, he got various advices including how to cross his arms.
About performing with Muramoto, he said:
"Today I was too speedy. Until now, I've been single and acted as I wanted, so I have no experience of feeling together with anyone. So I think it's most important to know each other and get together. Technique is next."
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 11:44 pm

I'm sure Dai will treasure all the advices he received (and indeed there were 3 Ice-Dance couples and 1 Pair in his show  Very Happy - more than in usual Japanese shows) and he and Kana will go better and better in "feeling together".  

Today's backstage

We love Dai/Kana

Source    https://twitter.com/tvtokyo_figure/status/1216190032207212544

There is no sound, but no need of it to recognize the program  Very Happy  look at Ben Agosto mimic Dai's sexy caressing   Laughing

Happily dancing all together

Dai and Kanako with friends  2 pics

Misha Ge has always stated in various interviews his admiration for Dai-chan (since he first saw Dai skating back in....2004 if I remember right. Misha was a teenager) and the hope to work together, someday.  And now he expresses all his joy.  I love you  I love you  I love you

When your goal becomes reality

EDIT

Dear Nobu-san reports in English Dai's words at the end of the last show. She kindly informs that there could be mistakes because the excitement has not cooled down, but Daisuke's message was like this .

Tweet by Nobu-san with Dai's words

Today's tv news

SPORTS - Part 1

SPORTS - Part 2

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:34 am

Hi everyone!

Some details from the IE shows, fished on twitter  Wink

Dai does not give up jumping yet! Jump layout in his solos: 3S and 3Lz in "9000 Days" and  3F in beginning of Finale. 3S seems to have been first time a "hd"-landing, but clean in 2nd, 3rd and 4rth show. (source from yesterday )
3Lz in Phoenix, seems to have been all 6 times clean. (source)

Last show, in Finale, it seems he indeed tried a 4T once more! This crazy guy! (source) Apparently it was a fall "but Daisuke who was rolling on the ice for a while was also cute"
EDIT It seems he jumped 4T not only in last show, and side by side with Keji, after they both skated some steps of "Cyberswan"!   Shocked  Very Happy

A viewer of last show reports about a "Phoenix festival" in final, being happy to be able enjoying THE PHOENIX twice. Maybe that was only in last show?
Here someone writes "Mambo Festival - Phoenix Festival"  apparently in memory of 2016 Ice Legends finale... ?

Some more Kanadai pics, not been posted yet I think...

A beautiful "Kanadai" banner and a prop rose as a gift! I love you
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 4:07 am

Some info about opening number ... ok ok I joked about "Batman Dai", seems I wasn't that wrong  Laughing  Laughing

IE seems to have had a very special atmosphere. Photos and clips give that feeling, and the enthusiastic comments from viewers confirm it.
So maybe, as one for all, this wonderful comment:

»[...] this #ice explosion was an ice show full of Dai-chan's personal charm.
Screaming cool
Cute and warm,
Fresh and playful,
Full of gentleness and moving to tears
Oh yeah, not forget the laughter
And the feeling that all the performers have fun and can not help it is the same as in ice gloss. It ’s the chair ’s color«  [the leader's flair]

Wow Dai!! I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:07 am

So, so glad that Dai's show has been quite a successful experience!!! The atmosphere, the response from audience, the feeling of skaters being an harmonized group I love you I love you I love you I love you

And I'm quite sure Dai has been the core of all this, the engine, with his magnetic aura and his natural skill to create a special environment.

Looking back at the pics and the video of yesterday after the show I noticed Dai's eyes sparkling bright; he again has thin (and a bit "hollow") cheeks, evidence of intense phisycal practice and emotional pressure, anyway the relaxed expression on his face, tired but happy and satisfied, fills me with pride for his success.

Andrew Poje on IG - everyone is trying some funny face Very Happy

Last show - all on ice

Dai posing for a sponsor at the rink

Melcoresort on IG

sonabilis wrote:
Some info about opening number ... ok ok I joked about "Batman Dai", seems I wasn't that wrong

Love the idea of creating a story for Opening. We know Dai's dream for an ice show different from the usual entertainment ice shows in Japan: a show which tells a story, which is a story in itself. So I think this can be a good start!! Go Daisuke, follow your dreams, we'll always be at your side!!!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:55 pm

Pattina wrote:
evidence of intense phisycal practice and emotional pressure,

Yes, the footage from SPORTS shows how Dai also felt responsible backstage. Nothing of "dorky Dai" stumbling around between his appearances. He hurries from here to there, concentrated and slightly tense, and keeps an eye on everything!

Obviously Dai is doing very well, and his gorgeous charisma is once again more than illegal  (open carefully!!!)
Emi comments on her photo:
"Overwhelming presence that literally sucks you in
I felt the tremendous energy and soul of  #Daisuke Takahashi.
It was an honor to play The Phoenix!"

Here is the esteemed Mr. Yomiya with his report on IE. As so often he observes very well and gives longer quotes from Dai's statements than other sources.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 12:12 am

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 10:56 am

Probably posted already, but always a joy to watch - from pro-skater Kiki Nakanishi's FB

All cast

All cast 2

Funny Faces

Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi! Sorry for my long absence.

Let me share a little report of Ice Explosion 2020 here, at least, the Daisuke’s parts. I believe all the info have been covered but I just wanted share my own with you.

It was a lively, warm and friendly send-off for him as much as a huge gift from him to his fans. It was happy, fun and emotional time.

The venue was our familiar Shin-Yokohama Ice Arena, where Friends on Ice and Christmas on Ice had been held. The cast skaters are similar to the other two. Due to the lack of time so soon after the Nationals and the biggest holidays of Japan I was prepared to see another show exactly like those and tried to be understanding.

Well, it did have the same format. Some group numbers, each individual programs, collaboration works with a live artist, even Mr. Gamada’s passionate MC style that comes with teasing with his heavy love to the skaters (or all the mankind). They are all there. But this is made of, for and about Daisuke Takahashi and celebrating the years of his singles competitive career and cheering for his new beginning as an ice dancer with Kana Muramoto.

The first show of the Day 1, I found the seats are fully occupied though it was early afternoon of a weekday and pretty busy time of the year for homemakers.

The opening: On the ice the images lightning flashed. Daisuke came out alone all in black. T-shirt, pants and his face buried in the hood of a thin, crisp and loose robe. aimlessly skating he was lost and powerless. In the dim lights he blindly let out white breath in the cold air a few times, once with his face up. It reminded his “Marnie” video he made in 2015. (It was the very first beauty I noticed in this show but sadly this visible breath never happened again on five other shows) Another being came over to give him power. And three pairs of other “animals” as well. According to the notes ran on the upper wall, he must have been given eyes of an eagle, ears of an wolf, strength of a bear and speed of a puma. Making him a brave soul. Now he raised up. All the skaters came out on the ice and he took charge.
Music: “4 Powers” by Bravestar

https://youtu.be/n0AsEcIRvq8

Now he is the leader of the pack. He gives them power... later it turned out that this was choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto but some of the movements I felt it was an homage to The Phoenix. This opening was so cool I wanted more.
Music: “The Time is Now” by atreyu

https://youtu.be/ss_JgjdxX40

After the opening two Chinese junior skaters, coached by Pang/Tong pair (I believe they are considered not a major group in China unlike nationally backed one around the gold medalist pairs of the Vancouver. Dai might have felt to give them encouragement for the long year friends). They skated alternatively, 13 years old girl in the early show and 16 YO boy for the evening.

Then Kana Muramoto’s “Feeling Good”. I was thrilled when in the middle of the program she rose from lying position and skated straight to me. Enticing and sensuous, yet she got class. She got sense of movements like her new partner. She could  connect with the audience. I can see Kana + Dai will be a bomb to the ice dancing with or without their numerical success. At the very end of the program Daisuke joined and they skated together just to finish. I got excited with fingers crossed. The very first official performance in public for the couple was really short. They looked great to present passionate movement together. In two seconds it was over and the applause came he moved away from the center back to his humble self and gave her his cute clapping.

After individual programs of Keiji Tanaka(“pump it”- wonderful all through, good luck in the Worlds)and Kanako Murakami(”Boléro” ambitious music choice of Shae-Lynn’s Choreography)then Tanith and Ben’s (-simply fun!), Misha Ge (“Les Feuilles mortes ”- beautiful ),
the collaboration pieces with a violinist Ms Emiri Miyamoto were presented. Akiko Suzuki’s Lavender pro, (splendid) team PIW and Andrew/Kaitlyn’s ”Time to Say Goodbye” choreographed by Kana Muramoto (my heart ached) and Shizuka Arakawa’s continental tango choreographed by Kanako Murakami (awesome). And the Meryl and Charlie skated to a pretty love song (no name at hand) Then, the last of the Act I had come.

The two men from PIW team, Dai’s long time friend Hirokazu Kobayashi, also Yuta Onuma, and Elladj Balde started it to the strong tune of:
Music: My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark by Fall Out Boy

https://youtu.be/LkIWmsP3c_s

After the short, athletic and artful skating and dancing, Ms. Miyamoto’s live violin stepped in and started very intense tune that grew into ... isn’t it? Isn’t it that? It’s coming, I know it’s coming.. here we go!! The intro of the Phoenix and Daisuke came in! The audience roared.

The four guys made a formation of one line one behind another w Dai in the front, as the violinist quietly turned and walked out. And the Fall Out Boy’s song started and now the audience went wild.

I love this group version. In and out to skate Daisuke could pour all his energy into the major dance movements w/o pacing to save it for the elements. (And after each of his all-out performances he still had a hard time getting up. But to his credit he completely nailed beautiful 3 Lutz on ALL the six performances!) The piece had more than a few screaming points and I prepared lozenge after Day 1 but it didn’t save my voice very well. Daisuke being one of the group didn’t water it down. It got more intense. More fire. He didn't try to blend in to the group like he used to do. He was even more Daisuke than any other time. The rest boys danced to Daisuke’s Phoenix or so I felt. I wish this to be one of his standard repertory or at least to be brought to a few more shows.

And I seriously worry about the roof or the structural damage of the venue. The performers and the audience, even the other skaters dancing at rink side shook the entire house.

The Act II started with “Welcome to the Ice Dance World” to the music of Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast medley”. Two of the ice dancing couples, Meryl/Charlie and Tanith/Ben and the baby couple just hatched, Kana/Dai.

Kana in white, looking pure and fresh, found and picked up a red rose. It is the key item of time limit of the curse for true love to break in the original story. Maybe it didn’t have so much role in THIS program but later on it earned a very nice story to cherish in my memory. She gracefully skated and left the rose in the back, and the two senior couples showed their craft and what ice dancing is made of. (Throughout the show the three couples displayed variety of lifts seemingly to educate the newcomers and help creating their own) Dai came in with the rose. Still in the boots for singles but he swiftly reached to Kana and presented the flower. Instead of staying there to check her reaction he ran to the other end of the rink and showed off his ballet jump. But now he saw her dancing with the two other guys. He didn’t know what to do and turned to the two other ladies. (←←One of my favorite moments I can’t get enough) They quickly checked and touched up his hair and clothes and gave a cheer-up clap in the back to send him back to her. And then this brand new couple got together and started skating while the two other couples (and the audience as well) gave them parental smiles...

After that show went on with:
Keiji (Hip Hip Chin Chin)
Kanako, Akane and Kiki (PIW crews, Dancing Hero of from 80’s Bubble age )
Chinese Jr. Group performance (Soothing)
Elladj (Amazing)
Kaitlyn/Andrew (Adorable)

Then the violinist Emiri Miyamoto with  
Akiko, Misha and 4 of PIW crews presented Wild West number, “Roundtable Rival” by Lindsey Stirling. The Great Emiri time! I believe I was excused to keep watching her and her “dancing” while playing instead of skaters because at the end the skaters weren’t credited. Only the violinist’s name announced. (But skaters were really lovely)

Followed by Shizuka Arakawa’s “One Day I’ll Fly Away” and Meryl/Charlie’s Queen, the last solo of Dai.

The recorded narration in his soft voice was played first. I try to put it in English as close as possible to his original. (Words are from my memory and a few peoples’ tweets. Sorry for the missing or mistaken parts.)

“My figure skating life that started when I was eight years old, now has reached 25 years, quickly. In days, those years count about 9000 days. Looking back I feel them both long and short. Lots of scenes come back from my memories. Sometimes I had tears of regret, sometimes I shared tears of joy with my buddies. All the experiences are my treasures.

With these memories I am now closing the final curtain of my competitive life as a singles skater. But at the same time, the curtain of my new life as a competitor is opening.

There must be a lot of walls stand in the path and I am going to go over one by one and I am hoping to see and looking forward to the new sceneries beyond.

I am grateful to all the people around who had supported me and also all of you in the audience who had cheered for me and given me courage at any time. Thank you so very much. And I hope I will have your support to continue.”

He came out once again on the ice in a casual, living-room wear of a long camel colored cardigan sweater on a white T shirt and black pants. While preparing the performance to start, somewhat similar words from Daisuke  were running on the upper wall screen in English. And it ended with these words, “I hope to continue my dream with all of you by my side.”

And he skated to “9000 Days” from the movie Invictus.

https://youtu.be/UjCW9ktWB88

His beautiful skating that floats over the ice, unprepared gentle lifting and soft landing of his jumps, (Salchow and Lutz), movement of his arms connected to his back and shoulders. All were organically harmonized. They were all there, those other things Dai always had been giving that he skipped during The Phoenix. In a way for some reason I relate this piece to the final skating of Genji’s wailing in Hyoen. He put everything with his deep emotion, only this is full of thankfulness. He was smiling all through the program. I have never seen that before.

At the end of it all the skaters came to give a huge group hug.  The circle around him got so tight and he went completely out of sight. The show ended.

The applause at the end of this was somewhat subdued. Clapping endlessly most of his fans in the audience choked and no one felt like screaming out. Instead, I imagine, many were hugging the banner and their own memories and inwardly shout thanks like I did.

The lights were up and now fun time of finale. The music for finale “Ever Again” and grand finale “Celebrate”.
Each time he tried 4T and fell. (Pretty nice try though) The very last one when he fell he got on his stomach and cover his face with his both hands, mighty cute (again).

The very last day Kana found something within the front row of the audience on the north side, the opposite of the front. She went over to Daisuke and talked to him and two went over to that corner of north almost to the west. They gave something to the one of the guests and the people around pleasantly reacted.

Later I found this on a few tweets: they saw the banner of K7/D1 to cheer up for both Kana and Dai. Kana found it first and went to Dai, bashfully telling him something. He saw it too and made a broad smile and they gave her the rose they used in the show. I hope TV Tokyo will show it when they air the complete version.

I will add a few more bits if I can, but I have to go to the gate to catch my flight. Thank you very much for reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICE EXPLOSION 2020   ICE EXPLOSION 2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

ICE EXPLOSION 2020
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next