Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2020

Go down 
+3
Dancergirl
Shyla
PATTINA
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Oh what have I been waiting for these pics!  I love you  Finally, Daisuke where he belongs I love you It's a feast for the eyes to see the two.
Dai has shortened his Pirate curls a little bit  Laughing

Clip from  RD official practice, commentary by Shiz
Another clip, from large angle

Good luck for your debut, wish you can enjoy it! Gambatte! Very Happy Very Happy

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Kana/Dai placed 2nd in the SP with a score of 64 and change very respectful. They were very good. Fun program
that is a work in progress which is to be expected.
They are behind the leaders by about 6 points. Looking forward to their FD!

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3549
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 10:05 pm

I have no words  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  We should remember that the choreo for RD started in September and Kana/Dai had no chance to perform it before NHK and see how it was received by judges.  
64.15 is a good score for a newby and Kana supported him in any moment.

YT ISU Skating channel - don't know if everyone can watch (videos are geoblocked for Countries whose tv networks have acquired the tv rights. Italy has and the Ladies' Short was not available. But later ISU removed the geoblock).

Muramoto/Takahashi RD

NHK TV - interview after the RD

This performance was eagerly expected in the fs world and well appreciated

IFS Magazine on Twitter

Jackie Wong 1

Jackie Wong 2

Jackie Wong 3

ISU on Twitter

ISU - RD review

Large pic - ISU Figure Skating

There are tons of articles on Japanese online newspaper, too many to report here. Let's wait after the FD, when we'll be flooded Laughing

KANA/DAI GAMBATTE!!!

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 1:54 am

Congratulations to Kana & Dai for an impressive debut !!!
Enchanting top-class program, amazing highlights, lots of charm and charisma and of course a little feeling of "the paint is not quite dry yet" I love you  I love you  I love you

ISU review and Jackie Wong's comments are very helpful for a blind chicken like me, without any idea of ice dance subtleties, thanks Pattina for linking  Very Happy Dai-chan's fans have a lot to learn now, don't they?  Wink

Fortunately, the Video is available in my country. The complete competition is also on ISU channel, with better video quality, at least for my location.

Another question, who is the commentator on the ISU video? Mr "Dai-soo-kee" from British Eurosport possibly? Laughing

EDT Meryl is enthusiastic (IGStory)
"So good. Can't wait to watch these two continue to grow and develop! So exciting! What an undertaking!!"

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Wow... it seems Kana is actually able to bring Dai down from his panic nervousness fits

From Asahi:

»Rhythm dance on the 26th, before the performance, Muramoto spoke to him many times, Takahashi says. "I was very nervous during the official morning practice, but Kana Muramoto said: 'We've done our job. Let's calm down and get out. Let's have fun!", she said next to me the whole time.
Thinking of that as I skated, I really calmed down. It helped me a lot, to stay composed and to think we can do the performance.«

RBB today:

»In the post-performance interview, Takahashi said, "I was relatively calm before the competition, I thought I'd be more nervous, but I was able to skate happily with a good sense of tension." he said with a smile.
"(For Tomorrow's free dance) we practiced, so I don't ask for more than that, but want to believe in what we've done and give it my all. The atmosphere is completely different from RD, so I hope you can see the change as well."«

---- Congratulations to Kaori Sakamoto on her brilliant winning a few minutes ago!  Love her personality and skating.
Now I have to go to work, meanwhile good luck to you, KanaDai bounce bounce bounce

Shyla and PATTINA like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 3:25 pm

sonabilis wrote:
Another question, who is the commentator on the ISU video? Mr "Dai-soo-kee" from British Eurosport possibly?
Yes, he is!!

Hope you can watch it (geoblocked in Italy, but I was able to watch via a browser with different VPN)

Muramoto/Takahashi FD - ISU Skating channel

Pity, pity pity... Kana/Dai fall back to third place just for 0,60!!!! Dai stumbled in the last set of twizzles (the other were breathtaking) and put both hands on the ice leaning forward too much according to the judges, who considered it a fall with a -1 deduction. Of course, I don't agree Very Happy

In spite of the error, Kana/Dai skated - no, indeed they danced beautifully. It was really a classical ballet on the ice I love you I love you I love you I love you and Mr. British Eurosport in the end commented about the great chemistry between the two.

A part the GOE -1,61 for the twizzle error, all other GOEs (including the RD) have been positive and this is great!!!, as well as the PCS going from 7.05 up to 7.65, which is super for the first competition of a new couple.

Sonabilis, thanks for reporting Meryl's comment. Yesterday also Johnny Weir posted an IG story just after the RD, with hearts Very Happy

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 11:20 pm

There are a lot of pictures/articles and unfortunately now I have not enough time now. Apologize.

NHK TV - medal ceremony

Kana has posted an instastory. Saved by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi with English translation

Kana IGstory 28 11 2020

Kana/Dai will take part at tomorrow's Gala, being the last performers before intermission. Eager to watch their EX program I love you I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 4:32 am

Thank you Pattina for reporting, so I could read on the way how it turned out.
And yet I was so nervous before watching.....
But you are right, it is beautiful!  drunken  drunken  drunken  
It seems to me more mature than the RD program. Maybe they actually had it in work for a longer time, I don't know.
The mistake is annoying for the result, but like you I find the positive GOEs more important, the chemistry, the almost magical charisma. This is what I was hoping for, and here it was!

Ha, and Kana again Very Happy  After the end, Dai puts on his contrite smile, and Kana immediately speaks friendly to him. She does not allow him to tear himself apart.

Anyway, the stormy applause was well deserved. What they needed now would be more public performances to get routine. Very urgent. But in these times, unfortunately, unattainable.  Neutral

Here is the protocol. Partly very different evaluations from the judges. They agree on the "fall" though. Yes, in single competition this is "hands" and  a GOE deduction. Here the customs seem harder.

I am very excited about their EX program tomorrow, and look forward to the further growth of this dream team I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 5:27 am

Hi all watched Kana/Dai's FD earlier this morning but just now having the time to post.
Well just let me say OMG.  bounce bounce I love you I love you I love you

What a gorgeous impressive dance, beautiful costumes and the synchronization was spot on, they were soooooooooo good it took my breath away. I have watched it about six times already!

Unfortunately a mistake in ID is usually lethal if it is a tight competition. Kana/Dai should be
very proud of themselves I know I am.

Thanks Pattina for all the updates! Like a Star @ heaven flower

Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 8:02 am

Hi Lovelies.  My huge apologies for not being around all year.  One of my relatives passed away from Covid so I've been in a bit of a funk.  I noticed in our TV Listings that the NHK Trophy is airing but I think it's only the Ladies & Mens SP & FS.  Just seeing the competition name prompted me to think of Dai so that's what brought me here.

They were amazing!  I didn't know what to expect so I was extremely surprised.  I was worried about the lifts because I recall that he didn't even what to carry Mao in his arms during a gala number so I was a bit on edge.  It's a shame about the Twizzles but considering this was their first outing & have not been together long, in this strange new world we're all navigating... I think they did us proud.  I loved the Eurosports Brit who was always such a fan of Dai's.  I think I'm going to have to send him a message on the correct pronunciation of Daisuke.

Thank you ladies for keeping the forum alive.  I can't make any promises but I will try to log on as often as I can.  My city is back in lockdown for a month but I suspect it well be extended.  We're not allowed to visit other homes & should only be out doing grocery shopping.  It's been cold this week so I've tried to avoid the line-ups at the grocery stores.

I'm so proud of Dai & Kana & can't wait to see more as their journey progresses.  I think Kana has & will do well in keeping Dai's nerves in check.  It must be easier to be part of a team rather than a solitary skater so I hope she will boost his confidence.  I wish he'd watch the playback so he can see in himself what we are all seeing (& have always seen).

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 9:21 am

Shyla wrote:
I have watched it about six times already!
Me too Very Happy And never thought Dai the modern dance guy would have such a feeling for classical balletic attitude!

Hi Dancergirl, happy to read you, and sorry to hear such sad news   pale  I love you
Glad to know Kana&Dai were able to carry you off a bit from "this strange new world".
Yeah that must have been a different Daisuke, who didn't  know how to hold Mao in his arms Very Happy   Apart from the world of competitions, it will definitely be very exciting when Dai, with his current skills, steps onto the ice again for something like "Hyoen".

Dancergirl, I wish you all the best! Forum posts can now be liked, which I think is nice, especially when time is short  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Dancergirl, what a nice surprise.  Welcome back. Sorry for the sad news. I strongly hope Kana/Dai will be a relief for you.

Here is the EX from NKH TV website

EX Your Are the Reason

All skaters take the ice for the Opening. Kana/Dai enter at 00:59 and we have usual dorky Dai being late  Laughing  Laughing  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you

NHK TV - Opening

The show has ended right now. ISU commentator still had praising words for the new couple and about Dai said "a joy to watch in this new path of his career" - or this is what I understood.

Kudos to NHK Trophy winners, kudos to all skaters who enjoyed the competition and gave the audience (a real audience) thrilling and beautiful moments. On a personal note: I'm so happy to see Mai Mihara back on the ice with brilliant eyes and her wonderful shining smile while showing again to the world her breathtaking skating.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 2:28 pm

I have been walking around all morning with a smile on my face  Very Happy
What a wonderful, sensual, expressive, emotional, tender EX program ... Daisuke's characteristic qualities and features are all there, now amplified and enhanced by the interaction of both  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken

It's such a pleasure to see them skate together, may we have the chance to do so many more times!

Gala completely from ISU channel with time stamp at KanaDai's appearance

EDT Some Twitter snippets

»Tatsuki commented yesterday that “singles and ice dance/pairs in figure skating are like speaking different languages. I want to have a discussion with Daisuke about what it is like to perform in a different language.” I look forward to reading Dr. Machida’s paper on it!«

»Dai said he is aiming to be like Kazuyoshi Miura, aka “King Kazu”, the legendary soccer player who is still competing in his 50’s. In guess that means we can expect to see Dai for at least 20 more years!!«

Some pics drunken drunken drunken

Last edited by sonabilis on Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 5:37 pm

This tweet deserves to be quoted! - Imagine a lot of I love you emoticons added to it (translation with the usual tools, slightly corrected)

»Isn't Kana too amazing ?! For the first time in 2 years she had to build up herself for competition, doing practice entrusting her body to an amateur, even though it was Dai-chan. Although nervous herself, she had a warm smile and encouraging words for  Dai-chan.. .. Mentally so strong ... and beyond that she cooks meals..... I fell in love with Kana«

I can only agree. Kana is an incredible human being.  I love you  I love you  I love you

(Cooking: they apparently told that Kana actually often cooks for both of them, and Dai was full of praise for her meals )

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi dancergirl welcome back and nice to read you again. So sorry about your loss.

I missed the Gala (I needed to sleep lol) so thank you Pattina and sonabilis for the updates.
I loved their Exhibition program so emotional. They have such a nice relationship off ice and
on the ice.

So they will probably stay in Japan until Nationals and be coached by Zoom and/or
maybe Kenji will help.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 2:53 am

Oh wow!
».... they plan on reaching the TES minimum by competing at the Challenge Cup in the Netherlands in early 2021.«

TES or not, the news that they might soon be coming to Europe to compete is... well, exciting  bounce
Let's hope that Covid doesn't thwart all plans.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 12:20 pm

From the flood of press articles, mostly with similar content, here are two more detailed:

Webronza
It is mentioned here that they returned to Japan already in late March and stayed there until Estero rink opened again in June.
They apparently had access to a rink and could at least continue working with remote guidance from Zueva.

Translation

Second article, in webSportiva by Yoshiyuki Komiya - the sports journalist who accompanied Daisuke's second year of return with an in-depth series of articles

Translation

Once again, thanks to DTRtS for posting the translations!

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 11:57 am

Thank you sonabilis for the updates I love you I love you

Really hard choice but the two articles express at the best my feelings. They are so amazing, given all the hard time they had to face: pandemic, remote training etc.

Kana's IG - posted yesterday

Dream big and let the new adventure begin!

Great drawing by WTF Skating Doodles

He's unstoppable ✨

Apparently Dai-chan met his long time friend Yoshi on Sunday, after NHK Trophy

Yoshi on twitter

Thanks to Meowmix san I love you I remember long time ag, before his retirement, Dai stating that he was not good in skating spread eagles. Oh, Dai-chan, really? I find this pose so sensual and beautiful drunken drunken

Gravity

Love Kana/Dai aiming high, it's the right spirit they need to pursue the new path. I really hope they somehow get the minimum scores even if they don't go to Worlds. They need to feel they are able to reach important goals.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Pattina wrote:
I remember long time ago, before his retirement, Dai stating that he was not good in skating spread eagles. Oh, Dai-chan, really? I find this pose so sensual and beautiful

Yes, this incredible moment, I can't get enough of it either. This may become one of the iconic images showing the qualities of KanaDai in essence.
Mh, I'm not sure about the "eagle" - wouldn't that be heel to heel? Dai is in lunge step.  
On beauty and sensuality, of course I fully agree - absolutely ravishing  drunken  drunken  In terms of interaction, it is a momentary role reversal: he is "passive", and Kana takes a more active part.

I only realized later that Kenji did the choreography. I was like, "oh yeah, sure, who else!" This flair is unmistakable. At least when he works for Dai.

Some different angle footage of the FD

Dave and Jonathan from TSL did a long detailed talk about KanaDai's debut
They too are excited about the potential. And about Marina Zueva's enthusiasm. She seems to be very, very committed to Dai&Kana.

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 12:02 am

What a great few days we have had. The competition, the videos, the Gala and the
many articles and buzz from other fans and skaters. It has been a celebration,
the return of the master on ice. It was what I needed after months of bad news about
the world situation due to Covid. I have been in DaiHeaven and Kana/DaiHeaven!!! I love you I love you

I agree Pattina that if Kana/Dai do the Challenger Cup it will be good for their motivation
and to proceed with their plans and goals.

Thanks for the updates! Have a good week and stay safe. flower

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 11:53 am

Dai recorded a video message for Junior skaters before the upcoming Junior Nationals. Thanks to jdainyan san via twitter we have the message and many  drunken  drunken  drunken screenshots

Dai's message for Junior skaters

IMO it was recorded soon before Dai's return to Japan, because of his long hair.  I skipped to post it but from the first videos/pictures of NHK practice I noticed Dai's hair was shorter and indeed his hair-dresser Chai san later (on 26 or 27) posted some pics on IG, confirming that Dai had a new hair style done for the competition. I don't know if you all can watch Chai-san's IG but just in case...

Chai-kobe IG

Kateigaho magazine has released an article on their website promoting the January edition with an exclusive interview to Kana/Dai. The web page includes a video message to fans and as bonus the initial pose of The Mask

Kateigaho article

English translation thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

Message from Kana/Dai - larger video on YT. Lovely puppy dog drunken drunken I love you I love you

Have a nice Dai-day and stay safe.

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 11:40 am

Kana-chan has updated her IG with a pic of happy and smiling Japanese ice dancers.  Google translation

Let's liven up Japanese ice dance together!

New update by D-Color. Another remote meeting dated 19/10/2020

Skycraft lab Step 6-1

The US fashion designer Nick Verreos loves figure skating and of course figure skating costumes. In his blog he posts about ISU major International competitions.  This is his post about NHK Trophy, Men and Ice Dance.  I don't want to spoil but IMO Nick loves Dai, too!!  Very Happy  Very Happy and when Dai was competiting he always went crazy for Dai's outfits.

NHH Trophy 2020 - Men and Ice Dance

Stay safe and healthy  I love you

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Press articles and comments on D/K's debut are still appearing.  Very Happy  Very Happy

One comment  I was secretly hoping for came from Akiyuki Kido, the former Japanese ice dancing champion, who had commented on the announcement of Dai's change last year.
Here is the translation. Mr Kido provides a lot of interesting opinions from his professional view.

Another find: "Mikeko's Blog", with a two part review of the NHK ice dance competition. Translation here (I saved Google's page translation.)
The blog apparently belongs to a figure skating enthusiast who also follows Dai with great sympathy, but is not exclusively a Dai fan. Nevertheless, she reviews KanaDai's debut with much attention. (I think it's a "she" because of the "-ko" in the name)
There are even more interesting things to read on the blog, including a detailed and interesting review of Hyoen 2019, which I didn't know yet.
If I have time, I will browse a bit and link here.

Stay safe and healthy! and mentally strong, like Kana and Dai do sunny

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 5:36 am

Pics! Lots of gorgeous pics!

Pattina wrote:
Let's liven up Japanese ice dance together!
Somewhere I read that the photo was taken at an ice dance training camp in Nagoya, which started right after NHK.

Quote :
Another find: "Mikeko's Blog"
Probably you "veterans" all do know who Mikeko is, so I told you redundant news. Laughing Her blog apparently exists for many years, and she is active in GS Forum.
As translation tools improve, such texts are gradually becoming accessible to us, which is really gratifying. Thanks to Mikeko for the insightful review of K/D's debut!

At the NHK gala there was a talk, part of which was a funny dialogue between Kazuki T. and Dai.
Translation (beware, keyword "iroke"  Laughing )
Video  (Dai once again breathtaking and funny at the same time drunken  )

Have you all a nice Sunday  sunny  and many good wishes go to Nagoya or wherever they are practicing right now!

Last edited by sonabilis on Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi everyone and thank you sonabilis for your updates and precious links. I love you

sonabilis wrote:
beware, keyword "iroke"

Dai-chan wrote:
Dai: “I have no idea! I’ve never thought I’m sexy. It will come to you naturally with age.”

Oh yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss, Dai-chan. The older you get, the "iroker" Very Happy you become. And of course we know you never thought you are sexy, but all your fans did and are here to object Laughing Laughing Laughing

sonabilis wrote:
Pics! Lots of gorgeous pics!

Unfortunately when I try to open, I only get an advertising page from which I cannot exit Sad Sad No No Do you have another link?

Tatsuki Machida commented the ice dance debut for TokyoTV

Tokyotv article with video

Two short abstracts in English from above article

Tatsuki Machida on Muramoto / Takahashi

On Dai's challenging attitude

EDIT -
English translation thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

Yesterday Fuji Figure Skating TV aired a video interview featuring Kana and Dai. The Dai-fan and blogger Chocolove37 san updated her blog with a transcript of the interview (Kana's words are in pink, Dai's in blue) and screenshots. The post is in Japanese. Click on pics to enlarge.

Sliding like the wind

Wild hair and sexy eyes with mask - slowmotion thanks to dear Nobu san

Brand new: today Ayaka Hirahara has posted on all her social media a pic with Dai-chan: they have met today after a long time.

A reunion of Genji and Fujitsubo!

Stay safe and healthy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2020
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next