Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nebelhorn Trophy 2011

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:34 am

I've added Nebelhorn Trophy pics to my picasa album. There's more photos to come, I just need some time to edit and upload them there.

https://picasaweb.google.com/101147884682179981995
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Hello hsuhs

How sweet of you to give us access to these nice pictures - thanks a lot :-))))

Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Any time, Gudrun! Very Happy And thank you for your kind words cheers

I love taking pictures of figure skaters, to me, they are incredibly interesting models. I love to observe them: in the practices, in the competitions, off the ice.

I just wish I can afford a much much better camera some time soon.
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:16 am

Hello hsuhs

You must have been either really close to those skaters or you have a very good zoom :-) I think your photos are really good. Just imagine you had a "much much better camera" - we would be blown away :-))))

Cheers
Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi hsuhs!

Thank you so much! You are a wonderful photographer!! cheers
How was Yuzuru? I know he won this game but what do you think? Was he fine?
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Thank you for your comments, guys!

miyu, Yuzuru was great in the first practice, was landing jumps effortlessly. His 3A looks SO powerful: he jumps high, rotates so fast!

Then something happened. He missed some jumps in the warm-ups and competition. I don't know why. I think it's a combination of jet-lag, the Trophy being his first senior serious competition, just being away from home.

There was a Japanese female fan with a beautiful blue sparkling banner for him, in the audience. Naturally, we (me & hubby) waved our Japanese flag for him, and threw a toy bear onto the ice, after his short program.

I think he's very popular in Japan at the moment, but from what I've observed in Oberstdorf, he could walk (in the ice rink as well as around the town) freely, without obsessed fans Laughing bothering him for an autograph or a picture, too much. (Now that I think about it, maybe he did need people come to him and tell him how great he is and how they love his skating. Just to show their support, make it more obvious).

His jumps suffered once again during his ex number. I especially didn't like that fall on his 3A (looked scary to me). He attempted a 3A+3A seq during the grand finale, but only did a 3A+1A (if I'm not mistaken).

These all was a bit of a shock to me, because we've all seen those summer show videos where Yuzuru landed some very difficult and crazy jump combinations as if they were nothing. So I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong in Oberstdorf.

I also saw him after the free program press conference talking through an interpreter to an English speaking journalist. I think there's a nice lengthy interview coming soon, in some international figure skating magazine.
Back to top Go down
TwisterSister
1A
1A
TwisterSister

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:23 am

hsuhs Those pictures are fantastic!! How lucky you were able to see this competition live!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:42 am

Thank you, hushs! Very Happy

That's what I exactly want to know!!!

Quote :
I think it's a combination of jet-lag, the Trophy being his first senior serious competition, just being away from home.
Probably you are right and I really hope so, just jet-lag. Neutral
You know Tasuki Machida withdrew from the competition due to the injury. I was looking forward to seeing his new FP which choreographed by Stephane….. He will skate in NHK in Nov. Get well soon, Tatsuki. Crying or Very sad
Quote :

Naturally, we (me & hubby) waved our Japanese flag for him, and threw a toy bear onto the ice, after his short program.
Yuzuru was very happy to find a Japansese flag (waved by non-Japanese couple!) in Germany. Thank you! Very Happy
Quote :
I especially didn't like that fall on his 3A (looked scary to me).
Yuzuru often fell that way. You don't need to worry much about it.
Quote :
So I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong in Oberstdorf.
Me, too. I'm afraid he is exhausted after participating EVERY show in Japan this summer. You know, it's incredible………. Please don't get injured, Yuzuru.

Yuzuru will skate in Carnival on Ice on the same day of Japan Open. It will be aired on Sunday. Wink
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Thank you, TwisterSister Very Happy

miyu wrote:
You know Tasuki Machida withdrew from the competition due to the injury. I was looking forward to seeing his new FP which choreographed by Stephane….. He will skate in NHK in Nov. Get well soon, Tatsuki.

Yes. I believe I witnessed the very moment he got injured in the practice. He had a rough fall on one of his jumps and it seemed his leg was hurting. It took quite some time for him to resume the practice (but he did stay on the ice till the end).

But I also saw him doing off ice exercises and stretching in the arena on the day of mens' long program, which made me feel optimistic. I second your wish for Tatsuki's speedy recovery!

Stephane was there all the time: in the audience, talking to fallow skaters, giving interview. I believe he's also Denis Ten's choreographer for this season. I saw the two in the town in a coffee shop.

miyu wrote:
Me, too. I'm afraid he is exhausted after participating EVERY show in Japan this summer. You know, it's incredible………. Please don't get injured, Yuzuru.

Well, I don't know what his team's plans are (I can only guess they want Yuzuru to make world team, this year). I'm sure Mrs. Abe does realize what a precious jewel Yuzuru's talent is, but isn't he her first elite student? If he is, she might be learning along with him. Ah, we're just silly skating fans, what do we know. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nebelhorn Trophy 2011   Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nebelhorn Trophy 2011
Page 1 of 1