Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke leaves for Torino

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Daisuke leaves for Torino Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke leaves for Torino   Daisuke leaves for Torino EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:21 am

http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2010032000182
He didn't give any interviews, but his management said "He's concentrating on the competition right now."

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/100320/spm1003201152005-n1.htm
Comment from Utako: "He was pretty tired from the Olympics, but he's finally recovered. There's no change in the program layout, and he will include the quad."

As always, he looks kind of shady at the airport. Razz (Hope he doesn't get detained by immigration in Italy!) Good for him for not talking to the media though, I never understood why the Japanese media always stalks skaters at the airport and asks them the same questions over and over again. Just let them travel in peace!
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke leaves for Torino   Daisuke leaves for Torino EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Thank you for the heads up, Calliope! flower

Daisuke looks def cool! Cool king

Calliope wrote:
I never understood why the Japanese media always stalks skaters at the airport and asks them the same questions over and over again.

Because they need to fill those pages with news? Laughing study
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke leaves for Torino   Daisuke leaves for Torino EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:16 am

http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2010/03/21/0002799420.shtml

This article basically says the same thing as the other two, but it also says that he's still using Takeshi Honda's skates. Hopefully they last through the week!

Also, it looks like the pressure is on... They're calling him the "big favorite" to win. Neutral
Back to top Go down
blacksugarbomb
1A
1A
blacksugarbomb

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke leaves for Torino   Daisuke leaves for Torino EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:13 am

Hopefully Daisuke will still be able to perform great under all the pressure even though he did mention in an interview that he doesn't do that well under pressure... Rolling Eyes

But he can always bring a Quatchi along with him. Razz
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke leaves for Torino   Daisuke leaves for Torino EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Thank you for the news, Calliope!! Very Happy

Calliope wrote:
but it also says that he's still using Takeshi Honda's skates.
Thanks. It's a big relief to hear that. Very Happy Very Happy I've been worried about his skating shoes very much. bounce

Calliope wrote:
Hopefully they last through the week!
Please!!!!!
hsuhs wrote:
Daisuke looks def cool!
He looks like a rocker!! geek

Calliope wrote:
Also, it looks like the pressure is on... They're calling him the "big favorite" to win.
blacksugarbomb wrote:
Hopefully Daisuke will still be able to perform great under all the pressure even though he did mention in an interview that he doesn't do that well under pressure...
I think the pressure is no longer a big issue for him. He has experienced it in 08 Worlds and renewed it in 09 GPF.( silent ) Probably it's motivation and concentration rather than pressure. Neutral
I can easily imagine how difficult it would be to get motivated again and forcused on a new competition especially for a person like Dai-chan, who had worked sooooo hard fighting against the clock for the olympics and actually got something there. (Of course all the skaters are always working hard and I respect them, though.)

Anyway, for me who had prepared myself to see him retiring after Vancouver for a long time, this worlds is like an extra gift from him. drunken Razz Just hope he can enjoy it like the olympics. cheers cheers And no injury!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke leaves for Torino   Daisuke leaves for Torino Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke leaves for Torino
Page 1 of 1