Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8 Empty
PostSubject: Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8   Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi everyone! Very Happy
Pasquale Camerlengo talked about Dai-chan and his new programs a lot in his interview of a Japanese figure skate magazine. It seems Mr.Camerlengo has already become a big fan of Dai-chan like us! Razz I love you

I had a time to translate it into English today. Sorry for my poor English as always. Sad I hope you enjoy it! Very Happy

>Leode
If it's not good to post a long translation of an iterview of a published magazine here, please feel free to delete this. Very Happy

Excerpt from Pasquale Camerlengo's interview in Figure Skate Days vol.8 (The interview was held twice at the end of Oct. and Nov.)

Q:In the new programs, "La Strada" and "Ocean Wave", some new characters of Takahashi-senshu could be seen. They will become great programs, won't they?
A: I think Daisuke is an artist as well as a perfect skater. He has skated programs of various sorts of music like Tango, Hip Hop, classical music and famous pieces from stage music, very well so far. But I want to pull out entirely different style and character from him. In "La strada" he has to show not only choreographed movements but also acting skills. And I tried challenge in another one "Ocean Waves" too. This is also a program which is totally different. Because I created it very mordern. I'd like to show both of his skill and his perfectness as a skater who has so many drawers in him. (= he is capable to do various things.)

Q:According to Takahashi-senshu, you found easy movements for him and made programs as to get high scores. What did you forcus when you choreographed his programs?
A:I try to be careful about the timing of each element when I choregraph top-level skaters like Daisuke. It's a very hard work and I don't have perfect freedom to choreograph. The timing of Daisuke's jump is very short so I think of his choreo with attention for it. I have to separate each element with proper interval and put transitions nicely.
I re-watched all of Daisuke's programs and calculate his rythm of jumps holding a stop-watch in one hand. For examle, it takes about 20-30 sec to start his first jump from the start of the music. Next jump takes another 15-20 sec then. The first 3A is in the first half of the program and the second one is put at around 2:30. This is very important for skaters in order to do their elements with comfortable timings.

Q: Do you have any impression that Takahashi-senshu was different from other skaters or about his talent when you choreographed him?
A: Daisuke's skating is really wonderful! Many skaters look like just practicing jumps when they practice jumps. But when Daisuke practice jumps, he jumps as if he plays beautiful music. Even without music he gives us such fantasy. The same can be said for step sequence. When he finish his step sequence in practice, the people around him clap their hands for him. He just practices it!! It shows how attractive he is. **1
And he is so quick at learning all of choreographed movements. Very quick! I remember no other person who learns a program and makes it as his own as quickly as he. He is a skater who has such plentiful and quality talent. I think God gives each character to every human being and they are born with their own reason. For example, When you hear Celine Dion singing, you think "she was absolutely born to sing", don't you? Just the same as her, I think "he was absolutely born to skate".

A: Unfortunately Takahashi-senshu injured his right knee at the end of October.
Q: I feel very sorry for Daisuke's injury too. But it's really fortunate it won't happen just before Olympics. Because our ultimate goal is Olympic.

A: Will there be possibility that the programes which you choreographed this year will be performed after he comes back next season?
Q: Well, probably. We have worked with these two programs very hard so it would be a shame if they wouldn't be performed in big competitions. I'm sure he will use these next season unless we won't change our minds.
I hope we will talk and work out our strategy when he comes back on the ice.

A: Do you have any words to fans of Takahashi-senshu?
Q: Of course I have! I want to say to his fans "It's OK. Don't worry." He had a surgery and everything went well. And he will be able to start rehab soon. (As of the end of Nov.) It's something glad to hear.
The people around him are there for him and support him in such difficult time. The famous skaters who left their names in figure skating history like Plushenko came back with more strength when they had dfficulties. So I think a strong skater like Daisuke will be able to come back soon without losing energy and power and he will be stronger in mentality when he returns.

**1: Yuka Sato said something like that before. Here are her words.:
In fact I skated with him until two days ago in Detroit. Dai-chan is beyond the level of ordinary people. When I was with him in the same rink, I couldn't help stopping my skating or choreographing. My eyes fastened on him. I found myself standing dazedly and seeing him skating. He truly is an attractive skater with great skill.

GO DAI-CHAN!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8   Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm

What a nice interview! Thanks for taking the time to translate it, miyu! sunny cheers

Quote :
I re-watched all of Daisuke's programs and calculate his rythm of jumps holding a stop-watch in one hand. For examle, it takes about 20-30 sec to start his first jump from the start of the music. Next jump takes another 15-20 sec then. The first 3A is in the first half of the program and the second one is put at around 2:30. This is very important for skaters in order to do their elements with comfortable timings.

it's great that Pasquale gave so much thought to all those details. I feel better knowing he took those things (like comfortable timing) into consideration when he was working with Daisuke on the programs.

Quote :
Because our ultimate goal is Olympic.

I love that 'our' cheers
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8   Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Thank you very much, Miyu! Glad to hear all of the positive things he says. I know he'll be back!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureskatingblogfreak.blogspot.com/
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8   Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 am

Thank you so much for your translation, miyu! Very Happy

It seems that Camerlengo really loves working with Daisuke!
It's interesting to know how he worked for making Dai's programs. I hope we can see them next year!
I also love the fact that he talks about himself and Daisuke like a team, also looking to Vancouver.
I'm really happy Daisuke found someone who really appreciates his qualities! cheers
Back to top Go down
champs
1A
1A
champs

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8   Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:01 am

I hope what he hopes will be true, i.e., the programs he choreographed will be used in the next season. From what we saw in short TV reports/fluffs just before Cup of China the free program looked very interesting and chreographically challenging, like the hip hop swan from last season. I could be wrong because what we saw is so short it might not really be representative of the whole program, but Skate God please let me hope so!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8   Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 pm

You are welcome! Very Happy

hsuhs wrote:
I love that 'our'
glorydave wrote:
I also love the fact that he talks about himself and Daisuke like a team,
Me too!! I love you

SoMiTripleAxel wrote:
Glad to hear all of the positive things he says.
I think it's wonderful if Pasquarle will keep working with such love and respect for Dai-chan!!

champs wrote:
I hope what he hopes will be true, i.e., the programs he choreographed will be used in the next season.
I really really hope so too! I don't know the whole program either, but I can't help feeling that "La Strada" would make Dai-chan a true artist. I love you Oh, am I going too far? Cool Sorry! tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8   Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Camerlengo's interview from Figure Skate Days vol.8
Page 1 of 1