Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke's in MISS

Go down 
+2
miyu
hsuhs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:02 pm

http://www.miss.jp/page/next/

Does anyone know what it's all about? I see Daisuke's name on the cover, I can read it has something to do with TPOTO, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi hsuhs! Very Happy

The link is a Japanese ladies magazine called "Miss".
It seems there is an article in which Dai-chan talks about the appeal of opera and how to enjoy it in the next issue. Not TPOTO, it's opera.
I have no idea what Dai-chan is going to talk because I've never heard he is an opera fan. Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:02 pm

Opera??? Really? Wow!
Thank you, miyu! flower sunny
I didn't know he was an opera fan, either! How intriguing Cool
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:19 pm

Thank you for the information, hsuhs! Very Happy
You can read Japanese!! I'll buy this magazine and report it to you. Wink But I never heard that he was an opera fan, too.

hsuhs
4F
4F

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 12:07 am

Thank you, thank you, Leode! If it's not too much trouble Embarassed
I'm sure I'm not the only one curious study bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:26 am

Thank you, Leode! Very Happy
I'm looking forward to read your report!
I want to know something more about this passion for opera... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi, DTFF members! Very Happy
I tried to translate in English the long interview with Daisuke from Japanese Fashion Magazine "MISS" at the first column. Nice pics and nice interview!!I love you Great work, "MISS"!! Cool

Talking about his new short program "eye"
When we heard that sound of Bandoneon reverberated through the ice energetically, Daisuke Takahashi performed his new short program "eye" at 2008-2009 season. His short program were filled with a strong and beautiful movements during the time 2.50 min and he pulled the audience into the music with sensational and amazing speed. "My short program of "eye" is not almost completed, only 60% performed." Daisuke added. "I think it should be changed the composition for every movements. In order to perform perfectly in competitions, I will do a quad and change the steps and spins according to scores a lot."

After fist performance his short program "eye" at "Dream On Ice", we had a long interview with Daisuke Takahashi which was the first time he's had in Female Magazine. Our photographer was impressed his sharped face, strong eyes which we felt were very straight from his heart and perfect body which keeped a good shape. "I didn't shape my body from the training. Actually, during off-season I was very relaxed from getting relief from the stress, my eating habit was getting normally and lost my weight without any purpose." Daisuke said with a smile and he looks like a boy.

It was meant to be about his split with Morozov
When he was just 22 years old, he made a big decision about his figure skating life on May 2008. He's split with his long time coach Nikorai Morozov. "The people around me was more worrying about me than I thought, however, I think this was meant to be and it was fated to accept for me."

-to be continued-

Sorry, I don't have a much time to translate now, pls wait thanks! Razz

hsuhs
4F
4F

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:47 pm

Thank you SO much, Leode cheers sunny
Interesting!

Quote :
"My short program of "eye" is not almost completed, only 60% performed." Daisuke added. "I think it should be changed the composition for every movements. In order to perform perfectly in competitions, I will do a quad and change the steps and spins according to scores a lot."
I was hoping for this, because I've noticed that the steps and spins in the gala version weren't exactly CoP-compatible. I also hope that the program's free spirit will stay intact when Daisuke adds a quad-combo to it.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:44 pm

Thank you so much for translation, Leode! Very Happy

Quote :
"The people around me was more worrying about me than I thought, however, I think this was meant to be and it was fated to accept for me."
Maybe not only his fans were worried... but Daisuke looked and looks calm and confident about all this situation!

Quote :
"My short program of "eye" is not almost completed, only 60% performed." Daisuke added. "I think it should be changed the composition for every movements. In order to perform perfectly in competitions, I will do a quad and change the steps and spins according to scores a lot."
I love this program, so I can't wait to see it completed!

Thank you, Leode! I'm looking forward to read the rest!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Thank you for the translation, Leode! cheers cheers cheers

I bought "MISS" yesterday. It was a very interesting interview. As "MISS" is a fashion magazine, all of the pictueres of him are wonderful!!

Quote :
I was hoping for this, because I've noticed that the steps and spins in the gala version weren't exactly CoP-compatible. I also hope that the program's free spirit will stay intact when Daisuke adds a quad-combo to it.
Yah, it would be true. He wrote he had to change his steps in his blog too. I hope he will be able to combine the groovy emotion with high technical things too. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Yes, I went through some Japanese blogs, people say the pics of Daisuke in MISS are really something! They also mention a ring on one of his fingers.

miyu, a little blurb (in the circle next to Daisuke's pic here: http://www.miss.jp/page/new/) - does it say "rongu intabuu"? And does that mean a "wrong interview"? Embarassed scratch
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:33 pm

Thank you for your impressions to his interview.
I will translate his long interview in English this weekend. Sorry to keep you waiting....

hsuhs, wow, I'm very impressed that you go through some Japanese blogs about Daisuke!! Shocked Fortunately, it says "The Long Interview with Daisuke Takahashi", not "wrong interview". Wink

hsuhs
4F
4F

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 9:07 pm

Leode wrote:
I will translate his long interview in English this weekend.
And I'm really looking forward to reading it. Thanks in advance, Leode.

Quote :
hsuhs, wow, I'm very impressed that you go through some Japanese blogs about Daisuke!! Shocked
Yeah, I was hoping someone'd post scans of the pics.

Quote :
Fortunately, it says "The Long Interview with Daisuke Takahashi", not "wrong interview". Wink
Oh thank god there's nothing wrong with the interview lol! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 7:27 pm

Here is Daisuke's Inteview at "MISS" magazine. I will update the rest of interview soon. Pls wait, thanks.

I can feel the rhythm!!
When Daisuke accepted his destiny, he got an another chance to be choreographed his short program by Kenji Miyamoto. "I asked Kenji Miyamoto who made my exhibition "Bachelorette"(Björk) to choreograph a new short program by "eye". As the choreographer makes programs, they choreographed various movements and elements, like steps and jumps to the music. And they got a rhythm from the music from the first time they heard it. When they I copied and repeated Kenji's movements, suddenly, I felt the rhythm and sound that I didn't hear before." Daisuke said "It was the moment I assimilate into the tune. The more I skate over and over again, the more I get a sound clearly."

Daisuke wants to be.....
Like he mentioned, at his short program "eye", Daisuke Takahashi showed us his confidence, sexy and attractive performance as an adult men. "I like actors, Joe Odagiri, Takeshi Kanashiro and Shota Matsuda. I want to be like them who has a very powerful stage presence and natural born to be sexy." The most reason the audience is attracted into his skating is not only his technical like a quad jump, but also his excellence as a performer on the ice. He can express his feeling the passion and sadness with his movements and pulls us into the music. It was said that Japanese figure skater has lacked definite expression, however, he got it perfectly. By the way, your bangs is long and you have eyebrow trimmed.... "I don't care my hair style, but I do care my eyebrow. I trimmed my eyebrow by myself and I know the most suitable eyebrow style for my face. This is very important for me!!"

Private Life
At the season of 2008-2009, Takahashi's is practicing skating at his home skating rink in Kansai University. He graduated from Kansai university and he is a graduated student of this university. For 2 years, he uses this rink until getting the gold medal of Vancouver Olympics 2010. "I have to go abroad for the competitions and don't have much time to spend with my friends, but I have a lot of friends happily. I have many female friends because I believe in friendship between male and female friends."

What is the meaning of pair rings?
Do you have anyone to see special? "I believe in love at first sight, but I'm very shy about the girl who I like. Unfortunately, I think I don't have to chance to see someone so far. If she flat-out refused to go out with me, I don't close to her anymore. Because I'm scared that she breaks off with me. When I talk to her, I send her my loving messages with my words. If she doesn't notice them, I make our relationship to be a beautiful friendship. I think I'm very cautious to love somebody and it make me a little bit sly." So what is your type you fell in love with at first sight? "I like a woman who has an attractive personality and very strong. And it would be nice that she so nice and greets to us "Good Morning" with her big smile regardless of age." During the interview with Takahashi, we found the silver ring with his third finger. "This is pair rings, but I bought only one ring by myself. Do you think I'm crazy to buy only one of pair ring?" Daisuke laughed "I'm very a romantic person. But I don't even give surprise present to her at her birthday because I'm very shy. Ah? Do you take my finger's picture? Sorry, I pared the nail to the quick!!"

Last edited by Leode on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Thank you so much, Leode! Very Happy

Wow! It's a great interview! Daisuke looks to be at ease and he talks about his skating life, but also his private life... and this is not so frequent!

I don't know japanese actors Daisuke talks about... I'm going to looking for them on web... to better understand Daisuke's taste...

Quote :
Daisuke Takahashi showed us his confidence, sexy and attractive performance as an adult men. [...]
He can express his feeling the passion and sadness with his movements and pulls us into the music.
Yes! This really express wath I think about Daisuke's skating. I'm totally into the music with him! alien

Quote :
I don't care my hair style...
really?!?! Suspect
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Leode, thank you for the translation! cheers I was afraid you forgot, but you haven't.

Takeshi Kaneshiro, huh? Well, he's hot bom Loved him in 'House of Flying Daggers', and in commercials.

Quote :
The most reason the audience is attracted into his skating is not only his technical like a quad jump, but also his excellence as a performer on the ice. He can express his feeling the passion and sadness with his movements and pulls us into the music.
Yes, very true.

So, Daisuke is shy around girls. Or maybe just one particular girl. There's a difference, IMO. Some private things should remain private.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:39 pm

hsuhs wrote:
Takeshi Kaneshiro, huh? Well, he's hot bom Loved him in 'House of Flying Daggers', and in commercials.
"House of Flying Daggers"! Now I remember! And I completly quote your thoughts about him! Wink
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:43 pm

glorydave wrote:
"House of Flying Daggers"! Now I remember! And I completly quote your thoughts about him! Wink

Very Happy
He reminds me of Daisuke, sometimes, too Embarassed Cool

For those who haven't seen the movie, here's a link with info and pics:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385004/
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 11:01 am

I agree that the "MISS" article is fabulous. I have never seen such great off-ice pictures of Dai! Re his eyebrows, naru hodo, I posted on another forum that Dai had the most perfectly groomed eyebrows I've ever seen and I'm even more impressed that he does it himself! I suspected that "Eye" was very much a work in progress, but I hope that he can retain some of the key elements of the initial version that give the extra "wow" factor - like how the first jump is EXACTLY in time with the music, and the explosive entry into the straight-line step sequence. I think this interview is good in revealing a little more of Dai the person - a true romantic with a soft and sensitive heart. I just hope the object of his affection is responsive in kind! I love you
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Do you think we can find some of these pictures on web???
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi, DTFF members, thanks for the comments for the translation. Very Happy Sorry for keep waiting. Pls enjoy it.

Daisuke is interested in....
Daisuke is not interested in accessories and but also fashion so much. "During the competitions in overseas, If I have a free time, I look around the shops. As I go with my friends, I was looking for his girlfriend's cloths for him. If I go out with someone, I hope that we don't have nothing to do without shopping." What was he absorbed in recently? "I'm staying at Nagamitsu coach's house now. In order to change an interior decoration, I was cleaning her house for a week. My room is a 5 and half Tatami units Japanese style room and a lot of cloths were lying about in my room. I also changed the curtains to brown ones and fitted up my room as a brown colored room. And I think it's late, but I bought the flat-screen TV to replace my old cathode-ray tube one.(laughing) I'd like to arrange my room as a Japanese modern interior decoration."

There's no place like home.
Recently years, most of Japanese athletes are practicing in overseas, how does Daisuke feel about this? "When I get a higher place and I will do exhibition recently, it's hard for me to stay away from my home longer. I always shout that I want to go home. I think there's no place like home. After the competitions, I'm always looking forward to going out with our staffs for drinking a cup of beer. Because I'm moderate in drinking because of gaining the weight."

Music of Programs
Daisuke Takahashi are targeting in Worlds 2009 and Winter Olympics Vancouver 2010. It is big meaning of what music has to be used when he is doing his programs. "My favorite music is not always fit in with my style and it's important thing that the music is very impressive and strong for competitions. For my 2006-2007 season's program "The Phantom of Opera", I've seen the movie at first and I really liked that. After that, I've also seen the stages at Broadway before. To tell the truth, I didn't like the bridge of main theme at fist time, however, I gradually loved it after it was choreographed. From the figure skater's habits, when I hear the music, I'm always thinking of skating, "Yes, this tune is good!!" or "This rhythm fits in with this choreography." Of course, I'm interested in Operas that most of figure skaters has done. I like "AIDA(G. Verdi)" a lot, but I don't know anything about the story. I'd also like to perform "Carmen(G. Bizet)" or "Turandot(G. Puccini)".

What is the subject on your "eye"?
"It has no any subjects on it. If I talk about the subject to you, I think that you and the audience are prepossessed with this idea including me. After the audience saw my "eye", I guess they should have different ideas individually and talked about my skating. It's very interesting for me. Do you think it's important for us to figure out from a global point of view?"

Daisuke Takahashi, now he is getting to be a mature figure skater and also an artist.
Get the gold medal of Winter Olympics Vancouver 2010!!

--End of the interview with Daisuke Takahashi in "MISS" Of Sept. 2008.

Last edited by Leode on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 5:22 pm

I hope he doesn't skate to Carmen. Ever. That piece of music is so boring and overused.... I'd love to see him skate to Turandot though. That's great music. I love all of Puccinis work more or less, so anything from Puccini will do.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:04 am

Leode, thank you for finding the time in your busy days to keep us informed flower It's a lovely interview cheers

Quote :
I'd also like to perform "Carmen(G. Bizet)" or "Turandot(G. Puccini)".

These are two great pieces of classical music. Inspiring, moving, emotive, magnificent, mighty. Turandot is the less used of the two (and more by the ladies, if I'm not mistaken).

I think though, skating to an overused music should lead to a -3 deduction. Because there is no other way to stop figure skaters from torturing poor fs fans, year after year, every year again. And it has to be stopped. Dear figure skaters, stop now. Enough is enough. Basta. Let it go Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:07 am

You're always welcome, hsuhs. Very Happy
If Daisuke performs "Carmen", he shows us a very powerful and passionate "Carmen"!

glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:21 am

Thank you for translation, Leode! Very Happy
Leode wrote:
If Daisuke performs "Carmen", he shows us a very powerful and passionate "Carmen"!
Yes! I think Daisuke has the great ability to make everything new... he has a so particular style that he can skate an overused music and create something new... so, I think the most important thing is that he loves the music he uses, so that he can express all his passion and his intensity!

GO DAISUKE!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daisuke's in MISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's in MISS   Daisuke's in MISS Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke's in MISS
Page 1 of 1