Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"

Go down 
+3
hsuhs
UMgal
Leode
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi, DTFF members, I found an interesting article from the Japanese Men Figure Skater’s Magazine “Cutting Edge”. Here is summary of interview with Daisuke about his competitors. What is he thinking about them?
DTFFの皆さん、こんばんは。現在発売中の雑誌「カッティングエッジ」に高橋選手のインタビューが掲載されています。インタビュー内容も写真も素晴らしいので買って損はありません。海外の選手について高橋選手が語っている興味深いインタビューがありましたので海外ファンの皆さんに内容を抜粋して一部を紹介致します。

“Cutting Edge 2008”
Cutting Edge 2008―日本男子フィギュアスケート-オフィシャルファンブック
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/images/4812529743/sr=8-1/qid=1197365015/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=465392&s=books&qid=1197365015&sr=8-1

--What do you think of your competitors?
Actually, I’m always conscious of my competitors, especially Stéphane Lambiel. I like his skating a lot. In fact, I must say that I’m a Stéphane’s big fan, but I don’t shout “Stéphane!!” like his fan does.(laughing) He can express his feeling from his heart at his skating. In Worlds 2007, he placed 3rd behind me, however, I don’t think he retails me. In my opinion, I thought his free skating would be 1st definitely. If it was so, it made me a lot of pressure for me. It is not so easy to win him so far, that’s why I’m retailing him now.
I also like Jeffrey Buttle and Evan Lysacek’s skating that they are different types from Stéphane’s. And Brian Joubert’s quads are very remarkable. I like his jumps so much. In order to do jump completely for every competition, I watch his jumps at videos every time I have a free time. In some way, Brian’s jump has a big difference from mine. I don’t think that I’m doing the same thing like they do, but I’m always aware of their skating and jumps. But how are they thinking of me? I’m wondering that they are admitting me as a rival.

UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm

Hi, Leode. Thanks so much for this super interesting information!! jocolor jocolor

Wow, I'm so surprised by what Daisuke has revealed in this interview. He is so complimentary of his fellow competitors! What a great attitude and its incredibly gracious! And his love for Stephane really surprised me, but what he said about Stephane's skating is indeed so true. I can't believe that he watches Brian's videos to practice his jumps! Wow, does he do this on Youtube?

I noticed while I was at SA that Dai kept looking at Evan from time to time during the practices. Now I understand why.

Quote :
but I’m always aware of their skating and jumps. But how are they thinking of me? I’m wondering that they are admitting me as a rival.

Yes, they must be aware of him. His skating just cannot be ignored at this point I think! Very Happy king

Last edited by on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 10:58 pm

Leone, thank you so much for the translation! bounce What would we do without you?

The part about watching Joubert's quads is indeed interesting. The thing is called 'modeling'. I remember reading in one of Plushenko's interviews how he and his mom watched other guys' quads (on TV, I believe) to let Zhenya learn from them.

Daisuke could start watching videos with his own quads as well, since he's got a very good one himself.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 1:39 am

Thank you very much Leode! Very Happy

It's interesting to know Daisuke's taste in skating... I completely agree with Dai about Lambiel. Do you think Daisuke knows he owns the features he loves in Lambiel?
Quote :
He can express his feeling from his heart at his skating.
You too, Daisuke!!!cheers
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 3:31 am

Thanks for the translation, Leode. I like that he admires his rivals but at the same time, he's very aware of them. Not a hint of snark anywhere! I also wonder how much of a threat do the other top men feel Daisuke is to them.

glorydave wrote:
Do you think Daisuke knows he owns the features he loves in Lambiel?

That's an interesting question, glorydave. I would hope he does know he has all of the things that he loves about his competitors and more. I always think of Daisuke as the perfect mix of skaters like Stephane and skaters like Brian and Evan.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi everyone!!

swandie wrote:
I always think of Daisuke as the perfect mix of skaters like Stephane and skaters like Brian and Evan.
You are really right. Very Happy Very Happy Please read this. Here is a summary of another part of the same magazine.

This season I want to be always on the top of the podium of every competition from GPS, GPF, Japan National and World Championships.
And I also have an ideal beside from winning competitions. It's "perfect skating". It might be what all skaters pursue but maybe I'm more demanding than others. I hate to lose to anybody in jumps, spins and steps. I'd like to become a skater, people say like "Daisuke Takahashi is good at everything." I'm a greedy man. I'm a dreadfull perfectionist.
Still I don't like my skating very much. I want to change it till Vancouver little by little. My body, feeling and skating. And one day when I see the video of my performance and I can satisfy with it like "Oh. This is good skating. Good. I like this skating.", then I will quit skating. When I feel I can do the perfect skating which I've gone for, it is the time I quit my skating.

Dai-chan used to say before he has no idea of his life after Vancouver. But after reading this I think he will continue skating to chase his own ideal, I don't know, as a amateur or a professional anyway. It seems his goal is far away beyond Vancouver................ Neutral Neutral
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Leode さん 私も購入しました! Embarassed Embarassed
とても良かったですね。インタビューも写真も。
やっぱり大ちゃんってストイックなんだなーと認識を新たにしました。

がんばれ!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 7:15 pm

You're welcome, all.
And thank you so much for the translation, miyu. Very Happy

Quote :
When I feel I can do the perfect skating which I've gone for, it is the time I quit my skating.

Yeah, I know that he is obsessed with perfection and that's why he has acquired magnificent Hip-Hop skating skills after he was getting dance lesson at Manhattan in NY. And I think he never quit his skating so far.

Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 8:52 pm

I got the magazine, too. What a long monologue, like a Russian novel. Smile I thought 2 things:
(1)Daisuke may be a big fan of “so you think you can dance?”
“I have been attending dance studio in America. Actually I would like to take authentic lessons for various dances such as tango, ballroom. Now I’m taking jazz and hip-hop classes, hoping these help my new program….. I do not like my dance (note, he did not say “skate” but “dance”). I do not think I can dance, so I would like to learn more about other styles…”
(2)Daisuke probably thinks that making 2 quads is more important than winning this GPF.

Making 2 quads is a must to win medal at Vancouver. I would like to jump not only toe loop quad but also another type quad, if possible, so I’ve been practicing various quad jumps. I got feeling that Salchow may work… but I am not sure yet…… Goal for this season is to make 2 toe-loop quads, to keep winning international competition. If I jump a quad at competition constantly through out this season, I believe I can make 2 quads at WFS.”

Your game plan looks good! Go Daisuke! Roko
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"   Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge" Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview with Daisuke from "Cutting Edge"
Page 1 of 1