Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

"Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire Empty
PostSubject: "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire   "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 5:31 pm

On Sept. 14, 2007, "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was was cancelled all schedules today. Because the fire was started from the roof of ice link stadium on 11:53 at morning. When it was occurred, the some members was skating to prepare for performance at the evening inside. Luckily, nobody was injured.(CBS News in Korea)
9月14~16日開催予定だった韓国ソウルでのアイスショー「スーパースターズ・オン・アイスは、14日の11:53分にアイスリンクの屋根よりで火災が発生し、全ての公演中止が決定しました。火災が起きた時、ショーの出演者は中で夕方のショーに備えて練習をしていましたが、幸運な事にこの火災での負傷者はいなかった模様です。(韓国CBSニュース)

CBS News in Korea
http://www.cbs.co.kr/nocut/show.asp?idx=617886

I was very shocked about this, but it was good to know that nobody was injured. Look at the picture of fire from the ice link. It was horrible. I'm sorry that many people including came from other countries was expecting this show.
本当にびっくりしたニュースでしたが、幸運な事に怪我人がいなくて良かったです。
写真を見ると本当に恐いですね。このショーを楽しみにしていた内外の方々には本当に残念なニュースでした。
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
tori
1A
1A
tori

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire   "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 8:52 pm

Leodeさん、こんばんは。
本当に誰も怪我が無くてよかったですよね。
これがショーの最中だったらと思うとぞっとします。
ショーができなくて残念でしたが安全第一ですから今回は仕方がないです。Sad
Back to top Go down
yukisnowflake
1A
1A
yukisnowflake

Number of posts : 225
Localisation : London Canada (country of the Battle of the Blades)
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire   "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 3:54 am

Leode:

Thank you for the post re:
Superstars On Ice in Korea was cancelled because of the fire.

So glad nobody died or was injured.

I found on the internet the following about the fire in English:

Seoul Figure Skating Event Canceled After Ice Rink Fire

09-14-2007 19:24

By Kim Tong-hyung
Staff Reporter

A high-profile figure skating competition, featuring South Korean teenage sensation Kim Yu-na and other top stars, was canceled by organizers after a fire broke out at its venue ice rink in western Seoul Friday.

Area residents were alarmed to see Mokdong Ice Rink engulfed in flames and smoke around noon, as the fire burned about one-sixth of the 3,000 square meter dome surface before firefighters put it out half an hour later.

There were about 270 people in the building - including professionals such as Korean male skater Lee Dong-hoon and a group of 150 elementary school children taking lessons - who all managed to be evacuated safely in time.

The fire forced the cancellation of the ``Hyundai Card Super Match V Superstars on Ice,'' which was scheduled for Sept. 14-16. Japan's Miki Ando, who beat Kim for the gold medal at the World Championships in March, and Russian Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko were among the foreign stars who accepted their invitations to the event.

``The fire seems to have caused no significant structural damage to the ice rink that would require drastic efforts to repair but we are not willing to take this risk nonetheless,'' said an official from Hyundai Card's organizing team.

``We will refund all tickets purchased by cash and cancel payments by credit cards from fans who purchased the seats through the Internet,'' he said.

source: The Korean Times
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire   "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 5:35 pm

Thank you for the information in English, yukisnowflake!
It helped me a lot.
Back to top Go down
yerina
1A
1A
yerina

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire   "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 3:15 am

I was plan to go there... Sad Sad Sad
There're so many fans who come at a countryside or abroad, prepare athlete's special presents, and wait impatiently over 2-3 month.
And Plushenko and Yagudin come here despite of surgery and injury.
It would be great show because we were to see athlete's new program!

I'm just abstracted now. Sad
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire   "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 12:43 pm

Oh! I'm really sorry for you, yerina. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Yes it would be a great show.... You must miss it very much. I wish you can have a chance to see them again in future.

And thanks for the information, yukisnowflake!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire   "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 9:05 pm

Really??? I'm very sorry that you couldn't go to see it, too. Sad
With great members, Plushenko and Yagudin also came to Korea already. And I saw the news that Lambiel was teaching to skate for children. It was sad for many people who are expecting including you this show.
Quote :
It would be great show because we were to see athlete's new program!
Yeah, me, too. You must seen great performances with their new programs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire   "Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire Empty

Back to top Go down

"Superstars on Ice" in Korea was cancelled by fire
Page 1 of 1