Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya Empty
PostSubject: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Yoshiyuki Komiya is a sports journalist and author of a number of books, mostly about specific athletes or sports teams.
Here is some information on Komiya-san. He has been writing about football (soccer) for years.
But for some time now, figure skating has captured his attention. For about half a year, his focus has been on Daisuke, and he has written several detailed articles about him. Recently he also wrote some articles about other skaters. So it looks like Dai inspired his interest in FS!

I think his articles very worth reading because they often go a bit deeper and deal with aspects that are not given as much attention.
To prevent posts from being scattered across 2019/2020 topic threads, I thought it would be a good idea to open a new thread.
Little by little I will try to add translations, at least in part. And comments if I can't stop myself.  Laughing  Of course, your comments are welcome as well  I love you

So, let's start with a link list:

September 02 Daisuke Takahashi: his ambitions for second year of his comeback

October 02  Daisuke Takahashi turns to ice dance as a new challenge

November 02 Daisuke Takahashi misses West Japan Championship

December 20 Daisuke Takahashi's last dance unites the venue. "Don't be afraid of failure,"

December 24 Daisuke Takahashi retires from single competition career. Javier: "Whether he succeeds or not, he has already won"

December 29  Daisuke Takahashi: In his finale as a single skater he shows again that he never gives up

Btw., a recommendation: if the good old google translate again delivers only nonsense, you can try a countercheck with Systran translate.

Last edited by sonabilis on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 6:22 pm

September 02
August 29, Yokohama. Following the rehearsal for "Friends on Ice 2019" opening the following day, a press conference was held in a seat specially established at the rink.

"Hahaha" -  Daisuke Takahashi, 33, took his seat and smiled shyly in all directions. He unveiled a new SP for this season, but fell on first jump. After second jump, he hit his knee and his thigh with his fist to see if lactic acid had accumulated.
"I got so excited that I ended up in chaos"
[Dai said "gudaguda" = colloquial word, meaning:  without tightness, amorphous, structureless]
"Last season was just too good. This season, I think it's not going to work out that way after seeing and listening about the competitor's growth. One goal among others is to be on podium."
Takahashi says it plainly. He is not eager but hasn't lost his ambitions.

"I feel guided rather than determined. Supported by the people around me, I have come to this point"

[Interesting statement. Dai will repeat it several times later.]

In article is mentioned that Dai was still hesitating whether he wanted to compete in Sectionals or in 1-2 competitions of Challenger Series.
Komiya-san says in a later article that already in August Dai told him about his endangered physical condition.

Last edited by sonabilis on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 6:31 pm

Addendum to previous post
In a paragraph of the article I left out, Dai explains the difficulties he faced with the PHOENIX choreography:

"When I brought the choreography created on land to ice, it was impossible to equilibrate the same way. From start pose, I wasn't able to push on. I couldn't move as I wanted, it was terrible ["yabai"] (laughs)
You can't do (on the ice) even a third of what you do on the floor. You can't use the upper body enough to stretch yourself, so you have to make adjustments. You gotta reduce the steps etc, you need to insert transitions and stuff."

[End of article quote]

Dai really picked the hardest thing.
This choreo was created as a complete piece of art for the floor.  To break the whole thing open again afterwards and to transform it completely was already a great achievement of all involved.

Despite this transformation, PHOENIX is full of reversal moves and changes of direction, which are actually impossible without a fixed support point (on floor). It looks like Dai is working with targeted swings and virtuoso weight shifts to achieve the effects. (my amateurish perception, as a non-dancer) The dancer in Sheryl's video stretches his arms/shoulders/hips/whatever and pulls them back again. Dai has to throw his body in the new direction, as it were, and then create a momentum in opposite direction to bring it back again. No wonder that costs him a lot of strength.
There is probably no one in the whole world who has even remotely the skills to handle this unwieldy hybrid. affraid
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 7:09 pm

October 02
September 30th, hotel in Yokohama city. Dozens of press people were filling the room.

"Wow!"
Daisuke Takahashi, who came into the prepared room, made this involuntary sound. He rounds his eyes, rubs his nose, and looks shy. All camera flashes light up at once.
"I want to be able to express on skates for as long as possible. I was able to take part in the stage production “Hyoen” and felt there are more possibilities for skating. For that, I feel the necessity (importance) of working with a partner."
Takahashi spoke with a cheerful voice.
What's he up to?
"I wanted to know more about ice dance. To experience skating  to its full extent." Takahashi explained the reason for change.

Whether I'm an "athlete" or a "pro"? I've lost that distinction. There is no line between them. Of course, to get to the Olympics, I have to be an athlete and I won't be noticed if I don't win."
"When I look back at my life, I didn't often make a decision.  There are places where I'm guided to. Anyway, I want to keep on skating.''
That's how he is.

Here it is again, Dai's remark about decide or be led! Maybe this time he refers to Kana who got him to ice dance. Very Happy

[Dai then explains differences and difficulties of ice dance, I left that out]
"The challenge? Actually everything!" Takahashi said with ingenuous smile.
He can really enjoy skating, even in difficult situations.

Muramoto, who initiated the team-up, told about the decisive word: (after 1st time performing ice dance) "I thought it would be »delightful«
[tanoshī] or «difficult.« [muzukashī] One of them. I was happy to hear the word »delightful«. If it had been "difficult", I don't know what would have happened. Dai's "delightful" made a deep impression on me."

Cheerfully and open-mindedly enjoying skating: That is Takahashi.

[Dai about PHOENIX]
"It is more intense than I had imagined; I regret it in a good sense."
He will also contribute to the development of ice dance.
He has a great reputation as a pioneer.

So what kind of ice dance do you envision?
"Passion-style ice dance,
[passhonkei no aisudansu], passionate [jōnetsu teki] so to say. We both have dark eyes (laughs).
But I want us to be a couple who can show a variety of different ways of looking at the world!"

Last edited by sonabilis on Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 5:41 pm

November 02

On Oct. 31, Daisuke TAKAHASHI (33 years old, Sekidai KFSC) announced  at short notice that he would be absent from the West Japan Championships (Shiga Prefectural Ice Arena).

"Left ankle sprain and left ankle lateral ligament damage"

He twisted his left ankle while practicing on the 30th. Absolute rest is required for one week. Until All-Japan Championship in December, his last stage as a single skater, he will have recovered

The person who feels the most bitter is probably Takahashi himself.

As the end of his career as a single skater approached, he pushed himself. For short program he chose "The Phoenix" with a strong rock beat.
At first, he was laughing, "I regret it."
But that was misleading, because at "Carnival on Ice" in October, the degree of perfection was increasing. He challenged a difficult performance and the finish was not bad.

That's why I find his outage just before the competition such a pity.

However, Takahashi has become a legendary men's figure skater by overcoming hardships.
When he started skating at Kurashiki in Okayama Prefecture, Takahashi received little technical instruction. He learned almost everything by himself.

[Komiya then tells about Dai's way to success and his merits for men's figure skating]

When he returned to competition, he  challenged himself again.

- As an athlete with such a position, were you not afraid to return?
It might have been criticized as "not good" and could have tainted your career.

When asked this question after his return season, Takahashi immediately replied:
"Yes, I was."
That was very honest.
"I might lose a lot of my old reputation. I thought about that. But I thought it was ok. For four years (in retirement), I was able to watch the competitions, and (other athletes) performed a different dimension,  and I realized that I could not win. When I saw Pyeongchang, I thought, 'They're all cool!' and I don't care about my past. When I thought of that, my ego disappeared and I said, "Let's look at future." I thought I'd leave the old days behind and make a new start."

How do you describe such a cheerful courage? As a result, he won the Kinki and West Japan Championships, surpassed his goal of the "final  group" (top six) at the All Japan Championships, and took the podium. The athlete returned after four years winning second place.

He had reached a new mind set.
"For the first time, I could say in public that I like figure skating."
Until then I answered: Does it matter? I don't hate it, I don't know."

His pride as a figure skater comes from deep inside. Takahashi is a skater who takes it seriously. He doesn't say "I like it" lightly.

However, athletes are not eternal. The body will surely decline.
Skaters, after practice, sometimes take off their skates and are so exhausted they can't move anymore.
Simply think, one ankle alone has constantly to absorb this huge weight. The load is tremendous, sprains and bruises are a daily occurrence.
"10 years is the limit'' (of a skater's active career)
Javier Fernandez, a former Spanish world champion in skating, said this.

Takahashi skated as a senior for over 10 years and returned after four years.
As a single athlete, it was a challenge nobody had ever achieved before. And in the second year of his return, again an unknown world lies before him.

Unfortunately, he could not appear at the West Japan Championships. Did Takahashi exceed the limit in practice? But this folly would be also typical of him.

"Do a resurrection story!", Takahashi had vowed to himself when he had the trouble with rupture of his ACL. He didn't consider it a "setback" but positively a "preface to the story."
And at the Vancouver Olympics, he had a bronze medal.

What kind of story will Takahashi do at his last all-Japan championship as a single skater?
"Not what I did, but how many people took my hand and guided me so that I came here.", Takahashi says. Every path he traces turns into a story.
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 1:03 pm

December 20

December 18: Yoyogi Daiichi Arena. Applause arose in a corner of the hall. In official training six people were skating at the same time, but in an instant one of them played the main role.

At the rink, Daisuke Takahashi (33) had jumped and vigorously landed a quad toeloop.

"I didn't even do it in a (recent) practice, but I feel good today. I jumped to have a memory of the tournament. (laughs). I was surprised, and I don't think I'm going to continue this from tomorrow!"
-- says Takahashi simply and smiles friendly.
There is nothing to show off. The first Japanese men's Olympic figure skating medalist was  freer than anyone else.

"Don't think about it (All-Japan), don't be afraid to fail.
-- Takahashi casually remarked.

Before his last appearance as a single skater, would he like to reveal how he is doing?

[translation uncertain]

"(Now) there are so many factors of anxiety. So that the fear doesn't defeat me, I act cheerfully. But in my mind I am full of anxiety."
-- says Takahashi, who came from the Mix Zone, expressing his honest feelings.

He had injured his left ankle just before West Japanese Championship in November, and days and days went by where he could not practice enough.
It is said
[he said?] that the pain didn't subside until the end of month. The preparation didn't go smoothly.

"I'm fine with my legs ... but the preparation isn't going very well. I am behind with practice. I really wanted to prepare a quad, but I didn't have enough (time). Today I am in good shape and happy about it. In the nick of time things are getting better, and if I had just one more week...  Well, I always think so (at every competition) (laughs). But the competition doesn't wait."

Takahashi joked, but he must have had considerable difficulty during the preparation phase. Given the age, recovery from injury takes time. If he pushes it too hard, other parts will scream. In interaction with his body and in fight against time he had to rebuild himself.

It's not easy to keep figure skating as a sport at the age of 33. For example, each time the skater  lands a jump, the right ankle bears the overall weight and is subjected to a heavy burden. But if you don't jump, the accuracy won't improve. It is a torment.

[EDIT probably more correct: It's a predicament]

In an interview this summer, Takahashi spoke very calmly about the harsh situation.

"The old wound on knee doesn't make troubles, but anyway it's hard. Since the meniscus is also worn-out, if I do too much (practice) my knees will swell and can't be stretched anymore, and that goes on for quite a while."
(Seems he has an ice pack) "The right ankle is swollen. As soon as the body is disturbed in its balance, it immediately reacts overloaded. Well, and then I have to deal with the pain."

[later in fall, even his knee would start to hurt again.]

Komiya then briefly reports about the old injury from 2008

Why do you keep skating even though it costs you such sacrifices?
-- I asked him.

"Skating is delightful."

[tanoshī - the same word Dai said about his first skate with Kana]

"I love to unite the entire venue. From being separate to being one."
--- he replied thoughtfully.

"I don't like the exhaustion" (from skating)

[translation not sure, may also be: pain, weariness, toil]

Takahashi says so, but his speech and behavior always include two things that contradict each other. It's hard, but it's delightful. It's delightful, but it's hard. He finds it interesting to maintain the perfect balance between the two.
As proof of this his Short Program song "The Phoenix" was a complete up-tempo. Maximum demands on the body. Given his age, it was unreasonable.

"I thought I had to do an up-tempo song, and if I didn't do it now, I would never do it in my life. It was the only chance for me. It was harder than I imagined (laughs)."

Takahashi dares a difficult fight with a cheerful face.
Is it the testimony of an innate competitor?
Or is it the great love of skating?

Unfortunately I couldn't understand the next paragraph well, I had to give up. It seems to be about the question of a TV  reporter who possibly wants to know what Daisuke leaves to the younger skaters, some kind of legacy or inspiration. The answer seems a bit difficult for Dai, finally he says:

"Maybe I could just show that you can be an active skater up to the age of 33."

Takahashi spoke candidly. He was completely free.

He faces the challenges for the sake of expressing himself through his beloved skating..
[EDIT to put it better, translation still uncertain]
He goes into his finale as a single skater in a bright and cheerful attitude.
The hero unites the entire venue.

Last edited by sonabilis on Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Thank you sonabilis. Very interesting content and enjoyable read.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 11:29 pm

Thank you very much, sonabilis.

This topic is so interesting. And your translations are great!! Carefully going through the articles (just the first 2 by now), comparing my "online translation" with yours, in order to understand more.

And my heart fills with love more and more....

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 2:33 pm

Thank you Shyla and Pattina for your feedback!
I try to do my best. Equipment consists of various online translators and dictionaries, and some basic reading and grammar skills. There will inevitably be many mistakes and inaccuracies. However, I hope it doesn't get too far from point.

If someone with better language skills came in and made some corrections, I would of course be overjoyed (surely we all would)
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 2:56 pm

December 24

Did the deep voice from corner start it?
"Dai-chan! Dai-chan!"

The cheers of the crowd united, and thunderous applause filled the venue. Each clap of hands touched the heart, emotions were overwhelming.
It was a momentary eternity.

"I want to unite the entire venue."

The man who thus expressed his skater credo had achieved this in an admirable way.

"Honestly, although I was told all around that I'm about to retire as a single skater, I didn't really feel that. But then, even though it was such a performance, the audience applauded and stood up cheering me.
In the warm atmosphere they created, I thought: »Oh, this is the last time....« Right now it's hard for me to talk about it."

- he said in a trembling voice.
Emotions overcame him, a small sob slipped out. He fought back the tears, but his eyes were red and swollen.

"I'm happy to be in this place. It wasn't very cool, well that's probably my way of ending it, I guess."
- said Daisuke Takahashi. The curtain after his long history as a single skater had closed.

December 22: Yoyogi Daiichi Arena
Official Training for Free Skating at the All-Japan Championships.
Takahashi's body seemed to move as he wished.
In Short Program two days before, he fell to 14th place.

Until Takahashi arrived at All-Japan he couldn't enough build up and run through in practice.
After Japan Open in October, he hurt his left shoulder, which led to a series of imbalances in his body. His left ankle was hurt just before the West Japan Championship in November, and he could not practice satisfactorily. He was unable to offset the impact of jumps. He had lost his wings. Then there was the old wound on his right knee, and his age of 33 gradually became a threat to his resilience.

He skated the SP in his first competition of season, and the exhaustion was worse than expected.
"It is difficult to manage the strength reserves" (in Short Program THE PHOENIX, which is an up-tempo)
"It hurts somewhere, I try to spare the spot, and then it comes back in another place. For example, the tensions from the morning (practice) are severe ... Oh dear, I don't really feel like doing this piece."

Takahashi laughed saying that, but the damage was considerable.

Public practice on the day of the Free Skate.
Takahashi only took the pose for the song, but didn't jump at all. On the contrary, he used it to cool down without keeping the rhythm or check the course. Then, returning to the center after half the song, he greeted everyone and quickly left the rink.

Takahashi intended to concentrate all his remaining energy on the FP.

It was just before his FP "Pale Green Ghosts" begun.

"Dai-chan Gamba!"

Takahashi heard the cheering, and exhaled short and sharp. He was ready to do his best.

First triple flip was put brilliantly on the ice.
It was the determination of a man who had become a world champion.

[further description how FP went, especially success/failure of the jumps]

He finished the FP in 10th place.

However, he was also showing the Takahashi qualities. His skating was as impressive as in his heyday. The flow of music embodied in his expressive movements, catching the sounds with his blade edges.
In fact, his performance score was high: 85.28, being third best.

"Next (jump), and the next one, it was desperate. I had to do something and I couldn't do anything. Fans who have been supporting me for a long time may not have wanted to see such Takahashi.''

-- he said regretfully after performance.

"I was Japanese champion and have been competing around the world, and I had this pride, but I abandoned it.
It could become very embarrassing and miserable, because I was not ready, I knew that.
But in the course of doing it (return), I had many experiences. You can skate at the age of 33 - I guess I've shown that a little bit.
At the end, I feel the need to apologize. I'm so sorry."

He bowed by saying that. His sincerity was deeply impressive.

[follows some text about Dai's successes and merits, his retirement and return]

The recent All-Japan was his 12th time, but his appearance was stunning.

When asked about Takahashi's return to competition, Javier Fernandez, another former world champion, said something illuminating.

"Everyone makes their own decisions. I haven't talked to Daisuke (Takahashi) for a long time, but he's a nice guy. I have insane respect for him.
I think he came back for good reason. He must have felt an urge. So there's no way he can lose. Absolutely not. Because Daisuke, who accomplished so much, decided to do it.
Whether he ranks first or last, he has already won."

Takahashi the single skater shone at his grand final. There will be no further encore.
Starting next year, he will switch to ice dance.

"I'm already tired of it" (single skating)

[translation uncertain, but Dai apparently expresses he has put it behind]

Takahashi says it cheerfully and with a vigorous look that could only come from a man who had fought to the last.
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Here is the last one of Komiya san's articles. In the course of time, he tended more and more towards a dramatic narrative style. No wonder, after all dear Dai-chan is a living drama.   Laughing

December 29

In an interview previous to  All-Japan Figure Skating Championships, Daisuke Takahashi said in a clear-sighted way:

"It will be much harder to get into final group (last year's goal) than last year. Even more difficult the podium.
This year's not gonna be that good. I've been skating long enough to know."

However, last year, he performed a miracle by ranking second.

"Last year was just too good," he continued in a gentle voice.

"But when you take part in a competition, why don't you try to get a little higher? For me, I don't think it's possible.
But it's always been that way, unless you aim higher, you'll never get there. Aiming for championship title and then finishing 4th or 5th place is quite normal.
The title is out of reach for me, but there is a small chance to podium, so I intend to aim for that."

Indeed, Takahashi has made a story like that.
At the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, he became a medalist after a miraculous recovery from a right knee ACL rupture and a meniscus injury.

"Create a resurrection play!"
        [drama]

Takahashi was completely convinced of that.

Since then, he has made history. After winning world championships in 2010 in men's singles, he also won 2012 Grand Prix finals. In both, he was the first Japanese man to win.

Now Japanese championship became the last scene of the play.
He faced the competition and did not give up.
However, according to the results his SP ranked 14th, and FP ranked 10th. He finished 12th overall. This is his worst result as a single skater.

"The performance was utterly tattered; of both, Short and Free", he said.

[tattered = boroboro = worn-out, crumbling, shabby]

"Of everything I've done so far [transl.?], this was a really weak performance. I'm sorry for the fans who supported me, and most of all I'm disappointed in myself. In the old days, I don't think I could have forgiven myself for that.
Technically, I can't keep up with the times anymore. Besides, I was
[mentally?] already on the way to things to come (ice dance). I skated with a lot of mixed feelings (lack of preparation due to injury etc). I couldn't control myself."
-- said Takahashi, expressing his regret.

Because he had hoped for a possible success to the last, his frustration is all the greater.

"Pathetic,"
-- Takahashi summarized it in a single word.

[nasakenai = miserable; pitiable; shameful; deplorable]

But in his last performance, he was just far beyond the simple win or loss.

"It is 14 years ago (2005) that I won All-Japan first time. At that time I never thought that 14 years later I would still be skating here.
I am very attached to this tournament. In 14 years, it's only been once or twice that I haven't........ Oh, I forgot! I was retired!

Takahashi went from crying to laughing. This rapidity is quite natural to him.

―What did single skating give you?
In response he smiles, searching for words with a little effort.

"Oh, this is difficult. I'm a single (skater) but I haven't........
At least if I wasn't a single skater, I wouldn't be here today.
I'm blessed to be born in this era. If I were a girl, I might not have reached the top. It has given me encounters and made my life richer. I'm happy I got to know it. Sorry for the  trivial answer."

He seemed sorry, but it was a sufficient answer.

The cheers and applause for Takahashi after his last performance stood for his skating life. He was celebrated stormily.

[literally: It was a storm of blessings]

This warm atmosphere was not only for the performance he had just finished. It paid tribute to his life as a pioneer for the world of figure skating men.

It was more than any record. It was a memorable celebration.

I asked him about his return to competition:
—Weren't you afraid of losing what you'd built?
"I was"
--replied Takahashi frankly.
"But when I returned to competition, I decided: »nothing about olden days«. Rather, my return was to be a »reinvention«
 [or: renewal, make-new]. I left all the past behind me."

The single skater Takahashi, who had made a comeback, made a work.
[=did something important??] The record of returning in his 30s and ranking second at All-Japan is a great achievement, but that's no more than a color.
What he did is more than that. He showed: Don't give up on doing the things you are fond of, and people will love it.

"I will be back at All-Japan next year, otherwise it would be a damn shame.
["yabaidesuyone"]
It's a good break. [??]
I'll ask Kana-chan to work hard so we can get back here."
At the end, Takahashi was applauded by the interviewers.
As usual, he
...... [??] and smiled gently.

--- THE END --- Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Hello everyone,

it's been some time since I attempted to translate some of Yoshiyuki Komiya san's articles here.
Actually, it was quite brazen to try almost without knowing Japanese cyclops
But there was no other chance.
Now in retrospect, on rereading, I thought it at least seems not to have failed completely.
Since then, a lot has happened in terms of online translation. As of March 2020, DeepL has been offering translations from Japanese that are often far superior to Google ( with some exceptions).
Google itself has expanded its options for translating scanned text. Social networks are integrating automatic translations.

Worlds are moving closer together. Meanwhile, it's possible to communicate with Dai-chan's Japanese fans.
Recently, I dared to contact blogger momokiku, who was so helpful without knowing by transcribing "Hyoen Moonlight" in 2019.
I wanted to thank her for that.
Her response was surprised and enthusiastic.
She doesn't know English or German, I don't know Japanese. But the communication works!

Real-time acoustic translators continue to be worked on. Maybe one day we'll even be able to follow Dai-chan's interviews and talk shows....

DeepL now offers an addon for Chrome that can translate highlighted text directly:
click to expand:

It' s still a beta version. But they hope to offer translation of entire websites soon, just like Google.
Often I still prefer copying to DeepL window, because it offers synonyms. They can help when the meaning isn't clear. Like this:

click to expand:

This is from a March 21, 2020 article by Komiya san. I don't think it was ever linked in DTFF.

There are other texts by him, also about KanaDai.
But translation attempts for complete texts are no longer necessary, I think.

Here are two lists (search results) of articles by Komiya san:

1. with keyword Daisuke Takahashi

2. with keyword figure skating. He also wrote nice articles about Shoma, Satoko, Wakaba and others.

sunny sunny sunny

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 10:42 am

WOW Sonabilis, really impressive. Great job!!  Otsukaresama!! 
Thank you so much  I love you I love you I love you I love you

We have a lot to deep dive.

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya   Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya Empty

Back to top Go down

Articles by Yoshiyuki Komiya
Page 1 of 1