Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK Empty
PostSubject: A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK   A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 8:52 pm

Here comes the promised crazy story, as it happened to a not so young musician, that she became a fan of DS1K. ;-)
I have to apologize for my clumsy English and because it has become awfully long.
I tried to make it shorter, but that did not work because all the stuff is part of the story.... There are also some memories of old times of figure skating, so maybe it's a bit entertaining for you.

Imagine a little girl in a small German town. She loved the music she had around her every day because her parents were musicians. But her grandmother loved figure skating, and together with her granddaughter, she always sat in front of the TV when international championships were broadcast.
The little girl was enthusiastic and tried to imitate the poses and movements of the skaters. How happy she was when Granny gave her little roller skates! She avidly practiced turns and tricks on these somewhat unwieldy constructions. Even more she would have liked to stand on real skates and to learn it properly. But unfortunately - in the small town there was no ice rink.

The girl grew up and practiced piano every afternoon. Finally she went to the music college. But still, whenever championships in figure skating took place, she sat in front of the TV, only without her beloved grandmother, who had since died.
Over time, a lot had changed in figure skating. The music no longer rumbled through the stadiums as indefinable noise. There were more glamourous costumes and fancy hairstyles, the music selection became more modern, programs with themes and dramatic concepts emerged, even resulting in a „Carmen on Ice“ dance film, and a crazy sibling couple appeared as jungle dancers and upset the jury. Those were the times! Smile

Last edited by sonabilis on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK   A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 10:09 pm

When I started working, things changed. I am fortunate enough to work in a wonderful profession. But it's also one that requires a lot of commitment, and in general, you can not put an infinite number of  things into a life.
In short, after a few years, I lost my connection to figure skating for a long time. Generations of skaters appeared and retired. The rules were reformed. The Japanese skaters conquered the international podiums. I knew nothing about it.

Finally the year 2018 came and brought the Olympics in Korea. I was sick in bed, and youtube was my best friend. Suddenly a video of Savchenko/Massot and their golden free skate program showed up.
So why not take a look, I thought to myself. --
Oh, it was so beautiful! I was mesmerized and wanted to see more. The ladies and the ice dancers were not finished yet, but the men...
Yes, there was Yuzuru Hanyu, who painted ice and air with his elegant lines, powerful twirls, and wondrous ornaments, creating a magical forest of shimmering lines and colors.
How exciting! I didn't see ever a man skating this way!

Yuzu became my guide. I wanted to know more about him, as well as about his competitors - so checked out Shoma and Javier, and then, as fate would have it, jumped back to the 2012 World Championships.
I watched the programs of all medal winners. Or rather, I tried. Actually I disgracefully ignored the official world champion.
Because there was this guy with his "Blues".
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK   A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 10:38 pm

You all know Daisuke's "Blues for Klook" and its powerful effect. You know how he transforms himself into a magical fire dancer, transmuting ice and air and the senses of every single viewer into a glowing mass of molten lava. And how he finally turns back into the soft-smiling boy, who gently brings his audience back to earth.

That very first time I had seen a Daisuke performance, I could not think nor wonder what had just happened. It was like a sudden big plunge into a parallel world, filled with plenty of delightful miracles and discoveries. I was just in a trance-like state   Very Happy

In search of information, I found your forum and started reading. To dive into the old forum threads was a miraculous journey through time. So delightful and marvelous, but on the other hand often so sad and sorrowful.
You have accompanied Dai for a long time, through good and hard times. Like his fans all over the world, you believed in him, even in times he was about to despair of himself. That was very touching to read.

As well as for you, Dai and his art are a great inspiration for me. I discovered him at a time that was not easy for me, and I can say it gave me a lot of courage and energy.
That's one of the amazing things great art can do. Smile

... If someone has held on until this point - again apology for the eternally long writing! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK   A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 3:55 am

Thank you for sharing your story sonabilis! It was a great read. So you are a newbie Dai and figure skating fan.
I am glad you read the old threads to get a perspective of Dai's career. I am one of the
old timers I have been following Dai since he won the Jr. World title many years ago and it has been quite
a thrill being his fan. I follow other skaters (as I love the sport) and I especially like Shoma
but Dai will always be my number one favorite. I love you
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3549
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK   A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 11:03 am

Thank you so much for your story, sonabilis!! I love it because any word comes out from your heart I love you I love you and in this your story is similar to Dai's skating.

Quote :
I was just in a trance-like state Very Happy
- just like me, after watching La Strada (Vancouver 2010) on tv. That pantomime at the very beginning and during the program... Dai was already an actor, already Genji and he didn't know.

Like Shyla, I love figure skating (never put ice skates on, never. Only rollers when I was a kid, aeons ago Laughing ) and I cheers for Italian Team and I like other skaters, especially Shoma and Jason Brown and Satoko Miyahara and the Japanese Ladies as a whole.

But Dai is The One and Only King of my heart I love you I love you , always my fave ever.

Quote :
To dive into the old forum threads was a miraculous journey through time. So delightful and marvelous, but on the other hand often so sad and sorrowful.
You have accompanied Dai for a long time, through good and hard times. Like his fans all over the world, you believed in him, even in times he was about to despair of himself. That was very touching to read.

I'm so happy you came here to find lot of info that strengthen your love for Daisuke. Now you are part of a large world that has never ceased to love and support him.

Welcome!!!! We have a season to enjoy together, day by day. cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK   A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 9:08 am

Thank you all very much!

PATTINA wrote:
Welcome!!!! We have a season to enjoy together, day by day.

I'm looking forward to it cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK   A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK Empty

Back to top Go down

A journey into magical worlds, or how I became a fan of D1SK
Page 1 of 1