Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minnasan konnichiwa

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MaiKitty
1A
1A

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-02-06

Minnasan konnichiwa Empty
PostSubject: Minnasan konnichiwa   Minnasan konnichiwa EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Hello everyone!

I just registered in this forum. I would call myself a casual watcher of figure skating. In the 90s I mainly watched Ladies events because I loved the dresses and the beauty of the sport.

I'm still like that. I have no idea about jumps or transitions or whatever. And that brings me to my love of Daisuke. Everyone at GoldenSkate or other forums, well generally all they say is that for example Patrick Chan is so good right now, he is the best and whatever. But his skating leaves absolutely no impression when I watch it. I'm not here to bash other skaters, like I said I don't really know the technical side of the sport. For me I'm also not a big fan of Plushenko or Lysacek, when he won the Olympics. I only wanted Daisuke to win because he is the only skater that really moves me. I can watch his programmes over and over and over. Even if he falls - I feel sad for a second but then he is back and demands my attention. He is so special and the only one to hold my attention like that.

I'm also a student of japanese language. I'm not very good Embarassed But I hope one day I'll be able to understand Daisukes interviews better.

Since Daisuke will probably end his career after Sochi, the chances of seeing him live are dimishing. Figure Skating is not that popular in Germany and we don't have so many events. I'd love to go to Nice to see him skate - even if it's just once. But it seems very expensive. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Minnasan konnichiwa   Minnasan konnichiwa EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi MaiKitty cheers
I'm hsuhs.

Great you decided to join us! sunny

MaiKitty wrote:
like I said I don't really know the technical side of the sport.

Well, at the risk of stating the obvious, the problem with figure skating is that it's a subjective and judged sport. I think, there's a good possibility that even when you learn everything about the technical side of the sport, you still won't be able to explain some of the Olympic gold medals, Worlds and European Championships wins.

That's because, in my opinion, beside the technical side, there are other factors that are not mentioned in The Rules. Like the so called politiking, skaters' reputations, federations power etc.

And yet the skaters keep skating and do their best and compete against each other. And we fans follow those activities and celebrate when a skater we like wins.

Personally, if it wasn't for Daisuke I would have stopped following figure skating after 2007 / 08 season. I hadn't followed it from approximately 1985 till 2006 and didn't miss it for a sec during those 20 years. I didn't even bother to watch it on TV, because I thought it was an outdated and boring sport with very vague judging criteria.
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Minnasan konnichiwa   Minnasan konnichiwa EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:57 am

Hello MaiKitty

Welcome to this forum :-))) I'm sure you'll like it here :-)

It's great that you study Japanese! Ganbatte ne!

You can travel to Japan one day and see Dai-chan skate in his country :-) I'm sure even after Sochi Dai-chan will perfom from time to time ...

But until then we can cheer for him and cross our fingers for him. He loves it :-)))

Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
Kyelor
1A
1A

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Minnasan konnichiwa   Minnasan konnichiwa EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Welcome, MaiKitty! I'm relatively new to this forum too. It's a pleasure to meet you!

I totally get what you mean when you say Daisuke is the only skater that really moves you...for me also, he is one of the very few that is truly able to enrapture me by his performances! I think his skating has a lot of depth, maturity and emotion put in that is able to really touch the hearts of the audience. Ever since I first discovered him and Yuzuru Hanyu at the Grand Prix Final 2011 in Quebec, I've been looking up information about them on a regular basis and I found out that Daisuke not only is a wonderful skater, but he's kind and gentle too, and would probably be a lot of fun to go shopping with =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minnasan konnichiwa   Minnasan konnichiwa Empty

Back to top Go down

Minnasan konnichiwa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum :: About this Forum :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: