Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)

Go down 
+2
Lina11
miyu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) Empty
PostSubject: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Nikkei's "Step! Step! Step! vol.5" was on the paper yesterday. Again it's an interesting article.

Is this the final? Sad Please continue, Nikkei-san!!
Sorry for my poor English! Enjoy! Wink Wink

Mar.2.2010 Nikkei Shinbun Step! Step! Step! vol.5

Daisuke talks about the olympics.

- How do you feel after winning the medal?

I can breath again. If I hadn't won a medal, though I said I would, people would have said "Oh, it's again." Above all, I didn't want people to think that I was over due to the injury. Because I wanted to try hard before they lost interest in me.

(I thought ladies' division was more popular) But these days some people said to me like men's division was dynamic. I'm feeling men's figure skating has spread into the public in these four years in Japan, not far behind from Ladies'. But I couldn't win any big international comeptitions this season for the first time in the last five years. I had a fear that people didn't pay attention to me anymore.

- Did you have confidence?

Honestly speaking, even on the day of SP, I thought it would be difficult to win a medal. I've never worked so hard before and I could go to the cometition without any fear for the physical strength for the first time, including pre-injury seasons. However other skaters got fired up more than usual in the olympics, too. I thought it would be tough but also interesting.

It wasn't until February that I was able to do my own skating. I managed to make it at the very last moment. Before that, I became stiff as I skated. I got irritated, I felt uncomfortable.

There used be a certain rank of skaters back in Turin but nowadays we don't know who will win in figure skating. I could concentrate without overwhelmed by the atomosphere unlike four years ago. I warm-upped in the place away from people, so I didn't see any other competitors.

- What do you think of the score?

I was rather shocked because the score of FP was so low. I'm dissatisfied with the underrotaion call on 3F-3T. I think I messed the landing but the rotaion was enough. As for "!" on lutz, I couldn't help it. Because I jumped them at the place where they looked like so from the judges. I couldn't put them in other places.

I'm glad to get No.1 PCS in FP. At first I acted intentionally but I just burst my emotion naturally at the end. It was fun. However PCS is wobbly. It varies depending on the audience reaction, my emotion and the performance. TES is important.

- You tried the quad.

I was sure I could have skate perfectly if I hadn't tried it. But it was not my ideal style, to play safe and win a medal. In a big game I want to fight with my maximum ability. I could jump it twice before the injury and when I moved to senior it was the era that there was no chance unless people jumped quads both SP and FP. Probably it affects me strongly.

It would be another story if I were in the level of Plushenko but for us whether to put the quad or not makes big difference in the strain of practice and the pressure before competition. The quad definitely isn't a kind of jump which you can do in any condition. The future of the quad jump depends on skaters. People say it's about the rule but who does it is a skater. While skaters compete with pursuing their own ideal, the quad will become neccesary if all stakers start to do it. But if they don't think it neccesary the quad jumps will decrease.

- You thought of the retirement after this game before.

I thought so until I resumed skating after the injury. My body started to move after Japanese National Championships in Dec. and I started to think "It would be a waste if I quit."

The competition I could enjoyed this season is only once, this olympic games. I think I'm the real thing if I can win in the worlds. To be honest I want to have a rest, but I will go to fight.

What a man you have become, Dai-chan!! I love you I love you I love you

peace1
Back to top Go down
Lina11
1A
1A
Lina11

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Thank u so much for posting the article, miyu!

The interview is great and I like his answers!

Quote :
But it was not my ideal style, to play safe and win a medal. In a big game I want to fight with my maximum ability. I could jump it twice before the injury and when I moved to senior it was the era that there was no chance unless people jumped quads both SP and FP. Probably it affects me strongly.

It would be another story if I were in the level of Plushenko but for us whether to put the quad or not makes big difference in the strain of practice and the pressure before competition. The quad definitely isn't a kind of jump which you can do in any condition. The future of the quad jump depends on skaters. People say it's about the rule but who does it is a skater. While skaters compete with pursuing their own ideal, the quad will become neccesary if all stakers start to do it. But if they don't think it neccesary the quad jumps will decrease.

Quote :
I thought so until I resumed skating after the injury. My body started to move after Japanese National Championships in Dec. and I started to think "It would be a waste if I quit."
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:46 am

Thank you for the article, miyu! cheers bounce

Quote :
I was rather shocked because the score of FP was so low. I'm dissatisfied with the underrotaion call on 3F-3T. I think I messed the landing but the rotaion was enough. As for "!" on lutz, I couldn't help it. Because I jumped them at the place where they looked like so from the judges. I couldn't put them in other places.

I believe this is like the 1st time Daisuke openly questions the caller's decisions.

Quote :
I think I'm the real thing if I can win in the worlds.

Would be great, but won't be easy. Evgeni Plushenko, Patrick Chan, Johnny Weir, Nobunari Oda all will be fighting for a place on the podium. Since Worlds are in Europe (and not in N.A.) this time, I expect the panel to go easy on Evgeni's PCS (including TR).
Back to top Go down
miharuru
1A
1A
miharuru

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 am

Thank you so much for sharing this!

And the Quad discussion still lives on and on.
But I have to say I really enjoyed his answer, unlike Plushenko he's trying to say that whether the quad lives or dies is about the skaters and not about the scores. It's a nice way to look at it but if the quad jump is looked at as just another jumping element with no special degree of difficulty then I don't think much of younger athletes would be eager to take up the risk.

Anyways, I am rooting for him in the worlds, hopefully he will get the gold this year.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 am

Thanks for sharing this, miyu!

Thanks for sharing this, miyu!

Quote :

I can breath again. If I hadn't won a medal, though I said I would, people would have said "Oh, it's again." Above all, I didn't want people to think that I was over due to the injury.

Awww Dai. Sad I had no idea that he believed people would think it would be the end of his career if he didn't medal. With that off his shoulders, I hope he has two very strong performances at worlds. Making the podium or winning for that matter, might not be easy but Dai can definitely do it!

One thing I love about Dai is that he goes for the quad for his own personal reasons (his "ideal" performance). He definitely doesn't need it and sometimes I wish he wouldn't do it but in the end I'm glad he does it for himself.

miyu wrote:

What a man you have become, Dai-chan!! I love you I love you I love you
peace1

I agree! I love his answer to the quad issue. I love you

Last edited by swandie on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:24 am

Thanks so much for the translation, miyu! Very Happy I'll be really sad if this is the last installment as well, I've really enjoyed it!

miyu wrote:
(I thought ladies' division was more popular) But these days some people said to me like men's division was dynamic. I'm feeling men's figure skating has spread into the public in these four years in Japan, not far behind from Ladies'. But I couldn't win any big international comeptitions this season for the first time in the last five years. I had a fear that people didn't pay attention to me anymore.

Oh, Daisuke and his desire for attention. Razz Well, now that he has an Olympic medal, I don't think he has to worry about people not paying attention to him anymore. I'm still amazed at how much sales of his book/DVD/CD have increased since he won the medal -- I just read yesterday that his DVD is now the highest-selling figure skating DVD in Japan (even more than Shizuka's), and fifth highest out of all sports DVDs ever!

hsuhs wrote:
I believe this is like the 1st time Daisuke openly questions the caller's decisions.

I believe it is too. He usually says there's no point in questioning the judging, but he was very visibly upset after seeing his scores, so he must feel strongly about this. I don't blame him though, the calls are somewhat questionable, and they almost cost him a medal.

miyu wrote:
The competition I could enjoyed this season is only once, this olympic games. I think I'm the real thing if I can win in the worlds. To be honest I want to have a rest, but I will go to fight.

Even though the Olympics just ended, I can't wait for Worlds! I hope he's not too exhausted and that the media lets him train in peace!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 pm

You are welcome, guys! Very Happy Embarassed

Yesterday I bought a magazine, Sportiva. Its article about Dai-chan was nice too. I will translate some parts of it when I have time. Wink (I can't do whole because it's very long.... tongue )
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:43 pm

miyu wrote:
Yesterday I bought a magazine, Sportiva. Its article about Dai-chan was nice too. I will translate some parts of it when I have time. Wink (I can't do whole because it's very long.... tongue )

Hi miyu, I just bought this magazine today. The interview with Daisuke was really good! I have a lot of free time this weekend, so I could translate it, but have you worked on it already?
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi, Calliope!! Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you for saying so but I just did it today. (what a coincidence!! Wink )
I'm going to post my translation right now but it's not whole. If you find nice parts to tranlate, please do it. Very Happy And please check my imprefect English too! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)   Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nikkei's article: Step! Step! Step! vol.5(Mar.2.2010)
Page 1 of 1