Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06) Empty
PostSubject: Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06)   Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc9y7zX7o6M

First half (until about 3:10): Daisuke says that Nationals was the first competition this season where he felt like he had enough energy and he could approach it in the same way he did before his injury. Looking back on the past year, he worried a lot and got depressed a lot, but he feels like all the experiences will help for the Olympics. The interviewer asks him if the biggest reason why he was able to overcome the injury was the Olympics, and Daisuke says that wanting to go to the Olympics was a goal, but ultimately he realized that skating was where he belonged and that he felt most comfortable while skating, even if he felt depressed during competitions sometimes.

The middle section is a nice montage showing Daisuke's road to Vancouver, starting from Torino and going through his training and rehab and comeback. Usually I get really tired of these because we've seen all these scenes ten billion times, but I really enjoyed this one because it has L'Arc~en~Ciel's "Bless" (the Olympics theme song for NHK) in the background. It's my two favorite things put together, and I think it fits really well. Smile

From 4:45: Daisuke says Vancouver will be his last Olympics, so it'll be a special competition for him. He wants to go all out and do his absolute best, to the point where he feels like he can't skate again for awhile. He's had a lot of ups and downs, but wants to make use of those experiences and not lose to the Olympics; to make it a place where he can test himself again and try to win against himself. He's looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
dilemma
1A
1A
dilemma

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06)   Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 am

Thank you so much for the vid and translation, Calliope! Very Happy
Daisuke looks so serious in the vid Shocked
Calliope wrote:

Daisuke says Vancouver will be his last Olympics, so it'll be a special competition for him.
I see, what he said was mainly about the importance of Vancouver Olympics, but does it mean that this will definitely be his last Olympics? I thought he would skate until 2014 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad So Daisuke will leave the competitive field in one year or so? Crying or Very sad Retire after 2011 World? I'm so depressed when I think of his retirement someday not so far No Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06)   Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 pm

You're welcome! Smile

dilemma wrote:
Daisuke looks so serious in the vid Shocked

Haha, I thought he looked/sounded really tired. I had a hard time understanding him because I could barely make out what he was saying! He seemed hungry too, because at one point you can hear his stomach growling! Razz (I thought it was my stomach at first, but when I rewatched it and heard it again I realized it wasn't me...)

About his retirement, he hasn't said anything for sure, only that it depends on the results of the Olympics and that staying in until 2011 Worlds is a possibility. I feel like if he doesn't win gold at the Olympics, he'll probably stay in at least one more season. But in the press conferences after Nationals, he said that Vancouver would definitely be his last Olympics, and that he wasn't considering Sochi 2014 at all. Which is understandable, considering he'll be almost 28 by then...

Also, this is kind of off-topic, but I was wondering, could we maybe start a random news thread in this forum? I guess this interview was kind of major, but recently there've been a lot of minor news articles and videos related to Daisuke that perhaps don't need their own thread... Well, I guess if they're not that important they don't need to be posted, but they might be of interest to some people anyway. And in that case, it would be easier to just dump them all in one thread...
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06)   Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Here's another interview from Okayama TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NajBMTnqE0 It looks like it's from the same interview as the last one, but the parts shown are different.

0:38
Interviewer: Tell us your goal for Vancouver again.
Daisuke: My goal since four years ago has been to win the gold medal, and I'm not changing that. But even more than that, I want to do my own performance, become one with the audience, and do a performance of which I can think I really did my best.

1:26
Daisuke: Up until now, I never felt joy at being able to compete, so in that sense I'm really glad that I got injured.

2:06
Daisuke: I'm not really sure what's changed (since Torino), but when I look back on my statements from then I think I was really childish. Well, even now I'm still very childish, but I'm too embarassed to watch myself from back then.

2:45
Interviewer: What are the Olympics to you?
Daisuke: It's the compilation of everything I've been working towards for the past four years. It's the competition where the time of four years will appear the most. I want to do a perfect performance with no mistakes, but even more than that, I want the audience to feel something, to naturally give a standing ovation, or cry. To give a performance where the audience can think that they "saw" something unknown like that would be the best.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06)   Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Thank you for the information, Calliope!! Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06) Icon_biggrin

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06)   Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06) Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview on NHK Okayama (2010/01/06)
Page 1 of 1