Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21

Go down 
+2
Calliope
miyu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Empty
PostSubject: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Fuji TV will air a new Dai-chan's documentary in advance of JNC.

12/21/2009 1:00am - 2:00am (JST)
Beyond the steep "Road" - To Vancouver, Daisuke Takahashi 450 days for comeback-
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/091220takahashi/index.html

peace1 Go Dai-chan!! Good luck for JNC!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 10:47 pm

I've just watched this program. It was sooooooo GREAT!!!! TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_flower TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_flower TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_flower
What a wonderful team Team Daisuke is!!!TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_cheers TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_cheers TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_cheers

I hope someone kindly posts it on youtube soon.

TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 810970
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:16 pm

I just watched it too. I thought it was going to be mostly scenes that we had seen before, but there were a lot of new scenes! I was most impressed by the scenes talking about Takeshi Honda helping Daisuke relearn his jumps. He really is an integral part of "Team Daisuke" now. Smile (It's just a pity that we probably won't see him sit in the Kiss and Cry because of his commentating duties...)

As usual, there were random funny scenes as well. Like when Camerlengo said "Everything but your hair!" to Daisuke. Laughing (I didn't hear what he said before that, but it was still funny!)

Anyway, I hope someone posts it to YouTube soon too! I can't wait to watch it again. Smile
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Calliope wrote:
As usual, there were random funny scenes as well.
How about the scene, Dai-chan doing Hula-Hoop? TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_razz TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:34 pm

Haha, that too! The program was ending, and then... they show him hula-hooping!? Laughing So random!
Back to top Go down
dilemma
1A
1A
dilemma

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 10:19 am

miyu wrote:

How about the scene, Dai-chan doing Hula-Hoop? TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_razz TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Icon_razz
No wonder Daisuke has such a slender waist Razz That's how he is able to have it Embarassed
In this program I also saw little Daisuke, so lovely and smart that we could call him a "shota", right?
I wish that champs have already made the vid Smile
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:42 am

You guys make me want to see this so badly. Laughing It sounds great! Looking forward to it!!!
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:13 am

Videos are up! I summarized each part, but sorry that they get progressively shorter. bounce I got lazy.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3ijw--9TM

Starts with showing everyone eating together after the GPF. Daisuke says, "I was surprised at how I completely lost my memory. It just disappeared in an instant. It was like, 'What am I doing? What's next?'" Then the narrator talks about his injury and rehab, and the people who've supported him such as Utako Nagamitsu, Takeshi Honda, and Kenji Miyamoto. In regards to Daisuke, this is what they say about him:

Utako: He's very kind, regardless of whether or not that's good for an athlete.
Takeshi: He's a free spirit, but he's sensitive and worries a lot.
Kenji: He doesn't show his effort as effort. He doesn't show, "I'm working hard."

The next scene shows everyone eating again. The camera man (or whoever it is) says, "It's a good team, isn't it," to which Daisuke replies, "There's clearly more men." Then Utako says, "Can I say something? I'm the lone woman!!" and everyone laughs.

After the title screen, the narrator talks about how Daisuke says what he thinks and feels as it is. Daisuke says that a lot of people call him flashy because of his hair and looks, and says he likes hair salons, shopping, and going out to eat. Then the narrator explains how he started skating and met Utako. Utako says that she was a "pinch hitter" for choreographing his program (originally Sano Minoru was supposed to). She was told to choreograph the Warsaw Concerto for him, but thought that it would be impossible for a young child to skate to. But after working with him she thought he could really become a top skater. Utako says that the two of them are usually shy and don't say "thank you" to each other, but on her birthday Daisuke always buys her a present and writes her a card showing his appreciation.

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m39mjRRSPA

Mostly info on the injury and rehab, not too much new info here. Utako says that last season he wasn't very motivated, but two weeks before Cup of China he forced himself to get motivated and that's when the injury happened. On the rehab boycott, she says that the weekend before he stopped going to rehab she called him while he was eating out with friends and he was really cheerful, so she wasn't worried at all. But then on Monday he didn't show up to rehab. After ten days he went to Utako's place, and she told him that he could quit if he wanted to. But Daisuke says that he knew he couldn't quit and that if he did he would regret it, so he went back.

Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5tphu9NIU4

Kenji talks about how he was surprised after seeing how Daisuke's basic skating had improved. Then he talks about choreographing "Eye". Daisuke said he wanted to do a song by Coba, but didn't know the name. The next day Kenji brought 20 CDs by Coba and the first song he played was "Eye", which is the one Daisuke wanted. Kenji said he had wanted to choreograph a program to that song for someone, and it just happened to be the one Daisuke was thinking of. In making the program, they changed the choreography more than 20 times. They kept making it harder. Kenji says that Daisuke is quick at taking in the music, and noticed some parts where the music wasn't being used and asked if it was okay to do a movement there. Kenji didn't notice those parts at all, but when Daisuke tried it it fit really well. So he says that Daisuke's musicality is amazing.

The next part talks about Daisuke's rivals. They go to Russia and interview members of Plushenko's fanclub about Daisuke! Laughing One fan says that she looks forward to seeing Daisuke compete with Plushenko. On Plushenko's return, Takeshi says that although Worlds was won without quads the past two seasons, since Plushenko can land 4-3 combos so easily you have to be able to do quads to beat him. Before trying the quad of course, Daisuke had to get his triples back. He struggled a lot with the timing of jumps, especially the triple axel, and said, "I'll never be able to land triples. I just don't feel like I can do it. I can't visualize the rotation at all." Takeshi talks about advising him to change the timing of his jumps. Meanwhile, they meet with Camerlengo to plan the placement of his jumps in the LP. They were debating on where to put the triple axels. It seems like Camerlengo wanted to put a 3A-2T-2L combo in the second half, but Daisuke wasn't feeling confident about it since he hadn't regained the 3A at that time. At the end, Camerlengo says, "It's very good. Just, the hair, we gotta work on the hair." Razz

Part 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67CqWCX2uxc

More work on trying to regain his jumps. Apparently Daisuke is putting too much strength into the take-off but Daisuke doesn't feel that he is. Takeshi says they completely changed the timing of his jumps and the take-off angle. But while he was in Korea in August, he had to change his blades since they got bent. But then he couldn't do any triples and had to start all over again.

October, Finlandia. After the LP someone asks Daisuke how it went, and he says, "I'm completely exhausted. It's no good, I can't fake my way through the free." Utako says that he sees what he needs to work on, and that he needs to practice more. Also, if he was able to do well with that little practice she would find that problematic. Razz

Camerlengo talks about his long program. Yay, English!

Part 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPB5RCQSzQM

More Camerlengo, then the GP. Daisuke talks about how he wants to focus on the expression in his program. Then there's a little talk about the quad, and towards the end Daisuke comments on those supporting him. He says that Takeshi gives him helpful advice on jumps and that Kenji created a really good program for him. On Utako, he says, "If I hadn't met Coach Nagamitsu, I wouldn't have been able to come this far. When I'm troubled, a new or necessary person shows up, so I really have good luck." Then he says that he wants to become stronger against himself since he's weak right now and ran away a lot. On Nationals, he says, "If I can't win in Japan I can't win against the world. I want to face the Olympics as Japan's ace."
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Thank you so much, Calliope for the links and for the translations!! I really appreciate it so much! I love you flower

If it wasn't so close to Christmas and I didn't have a thousand things to do, I would watch it right now. I will during the holidays though and savor every second of it. It looks like a lot of unseen (to me) footage, which is awesome. Little Dai-chan. KAWAII!!!

Thank you again!

And to Daisuke for Japanese Nats - GAMBATTE!

peace1
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Thanks a lot for the links and the summaries, Calliope!! cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:03 am

Calliope, what an excellent job you've done with the summary! flower
Thank you cheers

I checked the base value of the LP content shown in part 3.

4T ========9.8
3A+2T======9.5 (8.2+1.3)
3A=========8.2
FCCSp4=====3.20
CiSt3=======3.3
3Lz+3T======11.00 X (6.0+4.0+10%)
3Lo=========5.50 X
3Lz+2T+2Lo===9.68 X (6.0+1.3+1.5=8.8+10%)
3S=========4.95X
3F=========6.05X
FCCoSp3=====3.00
SlSt3=======3.30
CcoSp4======3.50

--------------------
Total: 80.98

Without the quad: 71.18

You can compare this with other guys's programs BV's this season:
http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21   TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21 Empty

Back to top Go down

TV: Beyond the steep 'Road', 450 days for comeback Dec.21
Page 1 of 1