Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) Empty
PostSubject: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Today's Asahi Shinbun's article. It's not about NHK Trophy but intresting to read!! Very Happy Wink

Asahi Shinbun 11.02.2009

Vancouver Story

In the morning after he won Finlandia Trophy, he couldn't wake up easily. He finally woke up after alarm clock rang again and again.
"I had been in good shape before the competition. So I felt the lameness of my body rather more. Especially the back of tighs were so stiff. It was very different from usual practice."
*snip*
"I don't have deep emotion (for the win). I have to do this and do that next time, that's all I have. I feel like I got spanked."
He particulary felt the lack of stamina. The FP in which he performed as a clown with the music from the movie "La Strada", was 4.5 minutes. The sharpness in his step sequence and spins disappeared in the second half.
"I made myself ready too much during 6 minutes practice. So I was tired in the real performance." he said. The preparation before the real performance like how he spends time to wait. That is one of the feeling of competition which he wants to retrieve. There are issues besides stamina or technique.
In this cometition, his manager left his warm-up open to media. Ordinally a skater does it in an out-of-sight place in order to concentrate on himself. But this time many cameras chased his every movement until just before the competition began. He repeated some stretching exercises silently in front of them. This was what Takahashi wanted. "I want to test how much I can control myself." His second olympics. It's clear he will get a lot of attention. So he needs to be accustomed to it.
The come-back drama has started in a small competition in north Europe. "If I wasn't the ace of Japan, I couldn't win the gold at the olympics. People woud think it was tough saying but I want to be naturally called the ace. " NHK Trophy, the true come-back competition for him, will begin on 6th.

peace1 GO DAI-CAHN!!
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Thank you once again, miyu! flower

miyu wrote:
It's clear he will get a lot of attention. So he needs to be accustomed to it.
A smart move on his part, btw.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Thank you so much for the translation, miyu! Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) Icon_biggrin
Yeah, Daisuke learned a lot from Torino and it's clever that he will be accustomed to all attention from mass media.

I feel that Daisuke is calm inside and concentrating upcoming competitions.
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Miyu - thank you so much for the article and translation - very interesting! What a smart move to have the cameras up close to get used to them. Smile

Did he call himself エースの日本? He really is, but I find it a bit funny he describes himself in those words. Very Happy

Only 3 days (2 1/2) till NHK - I am really excited. His first big competition in 1 1/2 years.

Last edited by Artemis on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Artemis, so what does this "エースの日本" mean? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Euphoria wrote:
Artemis, so what does this "エースの日本" mean? Smile
I thought it meant "Ace of Japan" but my Japanese is pretty non-existent. Wink I haven't seen the article, so I don't know what was written there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:45 pm

Artemis wrote:

I thought it meant "Ace of Japan" but my Japanese is pretty non-existent. Wink I haven't seen the article, so I don't know what was written there. Very Happy

If it means this then he's damn right! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:13 pm

You are welcome, all. Very Happy

Artemis wrote:
Did he call himself エースの日本? He really is, but I find it a bit funny he describes himself in those words. Very Happy
In fact Japanese media still call him "the ace" even though he didn't compete at all last season. This article's title is "不動のエースへ復帰着々 Comebacking as an unshakable (unbeatable? solid?) ace", too.
Perhaps he might have been asked how he felt to be called "the ace of Japan", I guess. Rolling Eyes I think he meant he could not be No. 1 in the world if he wasn't No.1 in Japan.

BTW Artemis, you know Japanese language a little!? Very Happy I don't know that! But... I'm afraid it's the other way around. "日本のエース", not "エースの日本" Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:42 pm

miyu wrote:

In fact Japanese media still call him "the ace" even though he didn't compete at all last season. This article's title is "不動のエースへ復帰着々 Comebacking as an unshakable (unbeatable? solid?) ace", too.
Perhaps he might have been asked how he felt to be called "the ace of Japan", I guess. Rolling Eyes I think he meant he could not be No. 1 in the world if he wasn't No.1 in Japan.
Thank you so much for writing this. I find it so interesting. It's amazing how much faith they have in him - and the amount of pressure that is on him. He is coming back from what could very well have been a career ending injury, and is still working to get to where he was both physically and mentally, so I think they should keep that in mind. But the media have their own way of thinking.

miyu wrote:

BTW Artemis, you know Japanese language a little!? Very Happy I don't know that! But... I'm afraid it's the other way around. "日本のエース", not "エースの日本" Wink Wink
And yes, I was thinking I had it wrong. Thank you so much for pointing out the correct way. As I said, (and as you can see^_^) my Japanese is extremely limited. I've only studied it on my own, so I am usually wrong. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)   Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009) Empty

Back to top Go down

Asahi Shinbun's article: Vancouver Story (11.02.2009)
Page 1 of 1