Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update on Daisuke's Injury

Go down 
+11
glorydave
hsuhs
Euphoria
swandie
SoMiTripleAxel
Leode
veresk
Yshion
miyu
MissC
miki
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:27 am

Thank you so much, miyu for the address. I will definitely write him something.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:11 am

Thank you so much for the address, miyu! Very Happy

Quote :
Thank you, swandie! It's nice idea to send him something from us with our messages from the message thread.
I need to think about it... What kind of thing can make him pleased???
Some research might be fun for him to read, like "Which progarams do you like best?" or "What music would you like Daisuke to skate?". (Just for fun! )
It's a great idea to do something for Daisuke. Very Happy I also think we can send our messages and in the meantime we can think of something other. It will take a long time and I think he will appreciate anything that can make him feel our affection during convalescence.
I'm going to think about it... also miyu's idea can be funny!
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:47 am

We could collect some montages and send a DVD for him to watch. Anything that shows that we think about him will make him happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureskatingblogfreak.blogspot.com/
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:51 am

I had an idea like that as well. Or some sort of slideshow with messages and pictures and stuff. My friend had an idea of making a banner of some sort and posting a picture. A few ideas at least.

Edit: New ideas from my friend. Or rather a continuation. On my banner it would probably say "Get well soon- from Sweden" or something like that. There are people from a lot of countries here. If all of us pull people together and do something like that (but on your banners it would probably say some other country) we could get the message through to Dai that his fans all over the world are thinking about him. If you know what I mean. Feel free to redefine the idea, or discard it all entirely. This has become a main subject between my friend and me (and I'm the fan, not she) so I'll post any ideas here. Smile
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:02 am

alekzu wrote:
Or some sort of slideshow with messages and pictures and stuff.
Like a Powerpoint presentation? With pics, texts and background music? And pretty visual effects? Oh, this could work!! It's a wonderful idea! sunny We could ask koume65 or purinndawa from youtube to help us with that: they are good with special effects!

But we might be needing a thread for registered users only (due to possible copyright issues), I have just one photo of Daisuke I took myself (well, my hubby actually did that). And I have a Worlds ticket with Daisuke's autograph on it. I can submit these two for the project.

Come to think of it, I also have that banner from the last Worlds, and my Japanese flag. The pics of all these things would be nobody's copyright but mine.

The fan messages from another thread are also copyright free. And that pretty drawing by veresk from the introduction thread flower is also hers and nobody else's.

Last edited by hsuhs on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:21 am

hsuhs wrote:
alekzu wrote:
Or some sort of slideshow with messages and pictures and stuff.
Like a Powerpoint presentation? With pics, texts and background music? And pretty visual effects? Oh, this could work!! It's a wonderful idea! sunny We could ask koume65 from youtube to help us with that: (s)he is so good with special effects!

But we might be needing a thread for registered users only (due to possible copyright issues), I have just one photo of Daisuke I took myself (well, my hubby actually did that). And I have a World ticket with Daisuke's autograph on it. I can submit these two for the project.

Just like that yes! I don't have that many good pictures from last Worlds. Although I still have plenty. Very Happy I can try to collect the best ones at least. Other than that I don't have much. (I am so jealous that you've got a signed ticket). I can write and... Well I can write. Smile And probably something else if there is need for it. I have a soft flower.... thingy... (it's not real, it's textile).... It looks like this flower Even the color is the same. I never got a chance to get it to Dai during Worlds (the idea was rgather late) so I was thinking of sending it to him after the surgery. I'm sending a postcard with my friend tomorrow. It's in swedish, and it contains a bad joke based on the dialect spoken in Gothenburg. It'll be a blast trying to explain the fun in it to him. xD
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:51 am

alekzu wrote:
Just like that yes! I don't have that many good pictures from last Worlds. Although I still have plenty. Very Happy I can try to collect the best ones at least.
I don't have many good pics either. I've put the best I had in the gallery, here, on our forum. But I have one with Daisuke posing for a pic, dressed in a neat and lovely off-ice.
alekzu wrote:
(I am so jealous that you've got a signed ticket)

Ah, I believe I told this silly story before. Me and my hubby bumped into him on the last day, an hour before the check out. I guess my prayers were heard.
alekzu wrote:
I have a soft flower.... thingy... (it's not real, it's textile).... It looks like this flower Even the color is the same. I never got a chance to get it to Dai during Worlds (the idea was rgather late) so I was thinking of sending it to him after the surgery. I'm sending a postcard with my friend tomorrow.
Oh. Wow. You're a great fan sunny
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 7:28 am

I think a slideshow would be a nice idea, alekzu! It would be very easy to coordinate between all of us. And we could also incorporate the flag idea somehow.

Thanks for the address, miyu! If I get time, I'll drop Dai a postcard.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:08 am

Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas everyone. You guys have generated some really great ones so far (letters, Power Point slideshow, dvd with montages). This is just what he needs at this time (to receive the support from his fans all around the world). alien cheers
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 10:59 am

miki wrote:
From his blog entry today (Nov 18th) and several other news resources, his ACL is not completely torn, but some damage on ACL and meniscus on the right knee.

Yes. This new article says his relevant person said his ACL is "partially torn", not "completely torn".

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2008/11/19/05.html

I don't know much about this injury and the difficulty of the surgery, but hope this "partially" means easier to be recovered and less painful.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:53 am

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/flash/KFullFlash20081119062.html
( Sponichi 11/19/08 )

According this article, JSF board meeting set a policy not to eliminate Dai-chan from candidates for LA Worlds on 19th. They also decided to select him as a special reinforcement skater (kind of team A status) continuously for next season.

It's a bit weird... scratch
Anyway it seems JSF reinforcement manager of figure skating, Mr. Yoshida knows better about this situation (see the news which I posted yesterday). It will be OK as long as he knows it and can understand reality. I don't want them to disturb Dai-chan's rehab. Neutral

OTOH, it's a good news for Dai-chan that he will be able to get special support by JSF next season too. (It's no surprise, though.)cheers

Last edited by miyu on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 4:47 pm

Yshion wrote:

I don't know much about this injury and the difficulty of the surgery, but hope this "partially" means easier to be recovered and less painful.

Deedeelocks over at FSU posted her own experiences with the injury. Go here for a read:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1985892&postcount=105

It's good to see Daisuke being showered with well wishes from all over the world. He is loved and sorely missed!!
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks for the news, Miyu. That really is a bit odd to make plans for LAWC being aware of Dai's reabilitation period. Does that mean that the period has reduced and they are already sure about it? Dont wanna give myself useless hopes (like the last time, because in the end it'll be too painful) but...anyway, this sounds reassuring.
Back to top Go down
http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Thank you for the news, miyu! Very Happy

miyu wrote:
They also decided to select him as a special reinforcement skater (kind of team A status) continuously for next season.
It's a great thing for Daisuke, but I'm not surprise... he deserves a special treatment after his great results for japan figure skating!
Do you think this means that he can compete in GP series next year even if he doesn't compete this season? ... but... it's still early to worry about this... we have other things to think about now...

for example... our ideas for Daisuke! Thanks to everybody for your participation and your ideas!
If we decide for the montage and we need something to add, I can share some pics from 2007 GPF and a picture from Courmayeur. They aren't good quality, but...
Back to top Go down
veresk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 6:44 am

hsuhs wrote:

The fan messages from another thread are also copyright free. And that pretty drawing by veresk from the introduction thread flower is also hers and nobody else's.
I would like to help. Certainly, any participant can use my drawing somehow. I know a photoshop a little, I can to make something among other ideas, if there is a necessity. What ideas are now: a video, a banner, a card? Is there a separate topic with discussion of these ideas?
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 7:12 am

Thanks veresk! There wasn't a separate topic for the project but I just made one...

https://daisuke-takahashi.forumotion.com/message-for-daisuke-f21/project-ideas-for-daisuke-t547.htm
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 7:51 am

miyu wrote:
According this article, JSF board meeting set a policy not to eliminate Dai-chan from candidates for LA Worlds on 19th. They also decided to select him as a special reinforcement skater (kind of team A status) continuously for next season.

It's a bit weird... scratch
Frankly, I expected something like this would happen: that they'd start pressing Daisuke to commit to a big competition.

Didn't expect it so soon, though: the treatment has barely started. Daisuke hasn't had the surgery yet!

But at the same time I understand why it's so important. They want to ensure 3 entries in men's for the Olympics.

Somehow, I think that Nobunari Oda together with Takahiko Kozuka will do just fine. It's now their (and their coaches) turn to prove they are strong medal contenders, also when something big... huge (like Olys) is at stake. Good luck to those two cheers

veresk wrote:
I would like to help. Certainly, any participant can use my drawing somehow. I know a photoshop a little, I can to make something among other ideas, if there is a necessity. What ideas are now: a video, a banner, a card? Is there a separate topic with discussion of these ideas?
OK then, veresk! flower Very Happy I think we could start a new project as soon as the messages (from another thread) are gathered up, translated and sent to Daisuke. We have a few months ahead of us.

My little personal wish Embarassed Embarassed .... do you have more drawings of Daisuke?
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Thank you for the link, Artemis Very Happy

I went there and read the report. I also read http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/knee/anteriorcruciate.htm
hsuhs linked in another thread. (Thank you, hsuhs I love you )
So...it wholly depends on the seriousness of a injury and which type of surgery and rehabilitation Daisuke is going to take...
I believe he can overcome all difficulties and never fail to make efforts to come back!

And, thank you for the news, miyu Very Happy

hsuhs wrote:
Frankly, I expected something like this would happen: that they'd start pressing Daisuke to commit to a big competition.
Me, too. But it's too early and too odd they announce it NOW. I can't judge from this article what kind of intention JSF wants to appeal (in either good
or bad way for Daisuke). I assume they will announce more definite intention after Japan Nationals, I'll wait for that.

hsuhs wrote:
My little personal wish Embarassed Embarassed .... do you have more drawings of Daisuke?
My personal wish, too! veresk's drawing is surprisingly marvelous flower
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
veresk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 3:33 am

hsuhs wrote:

No, I have no more drawings, unfortunately. I will attentively read your ideas. What time constraints do we have?
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 5:34 am

veresk wrote:
What time constraints do we have?
The deadline for the messages hasn't been set yet. I think it should be miyu who should set one.
We could start the next project after that. We'll have up to 3 months to complete it. But I can't speak for everyone, it's just an option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on Daisuke's Injury   Update on Daisuke's Injury - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on Daisuke's Injury
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2