Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lambiel changes coach

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Lambiel changes coach Empty
PostSubject: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:32 pm

After Dai-chan and Joubert an other top skater changes coach. Shocked

Lambiel has split with his coach Peter Grutter and he moved to New Jersey to work with Galina Zmievskaya and Viktor Petrenko!
It seems that he took this decision after his fifth place at Worlds...

This is Weir's team... Suspect Two top skaters with the same coach... Suspect

Here you can read about Stephane and also about Johnny's reaction...
http://www.ifsmagazine.com/forum/

There're a lot of coach's changes... and there're al lot of articles about them on web... but, why don't we know anything about Daisuke? scratch
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:51 pm

I was surprised that Stephane had changed coaches...even more surprised that he changed to Johnny's team. Apparently, Petrenko was as surprised by Stephane's announcement as Johnny was. They had a tryout while Johnny was doing Festa on Ice but Petrenko says he hadn't agreed to be Stephane's coach yet. Which could mean more drama... I think we've had enough for one off season!

As for Daisuke, he may not have found anyone willing to work with him yet. Or he might have but he doesn't want to announce anything just yet.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:58 pm

Thank you so much, glorydave, for bringing up this topic and for the link too! Very Happy

Oh...I think this move is good for Stephane, but am worrying so much about Johnny No
I only wish this situation wouldn't do anything bad on Johnny's motivation or training environment, and will work for both of them in a good way.

glorydave wrote:
There're a lot of coach's changes... and there're al lot of articles about them on web... but, why don't we know anything about Daisuke? scratch

Everyday I search for new articles on the Web about Daisuke, but I can't find any...
I understand he doesn't want to announce anything right now...so, all I can do is just wait and wish him a wonderful preparation for next season silent
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi everyone! Very Happy
I was surprised at the news too. Shocked Shocked
Coach/choreographer changes are a kind of sensational in this post Olympic season. The top contenders consider a lot in order to win Olympic gold. I think the current rivalry of top men's field is hardest ever.....

Yshion wrote:
all I can do is just wait and wish him a wonderful preparation for next season silent
Yes. I wish him the greatest luck!!! Very Happy Very Happy

GO Dai-chan!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Thank you for the head up, glorydave! Very Happy I'm very surprised to hear that, however, I hope to see new Stephen's images soon.

miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 12:51 pm

According icenetworks, Evan switched his choreographer from Lori Nichol to Tatiana Tarasova! Shocked Shocked Surprising news! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 2:47 am

I too was surprised about Evan working with Tarasova. What I understand from the article is that he's just consulting with Tarasova. It seems like he will still work with Lori Nichol but with some input from Tarasova.

About Stephane, I hear he'll be moving to the US after Dreams on Ice.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 5:42 pm

swandie wrote:
What I understand from the article is that he's just consulting with Tarasova. It seems like he will still work with Lori Nichol but with some input from Tarasova.
Oh really? scratch scratch
But the article said
Quote :
That's what Lysacek, the two-time defending U.S. champion, will do Monday when he leaves for a three-week trip to Moscow to get choreography for his new programs from Tatiana Tarasova,
Doesn't "to get choreography for his new programs from Tatiana Tarasova" mean that she will choreograph new programs for him?? scratch scratch Maybe my English is poor to understand the true meaning of it.bounce

Anyway I'm interested in how Evan will change working with Tarasova! Very Happy

Quote :
"I'm just going to leave it in her hands and let her use me as a marionette doll."
Funny! I like him!! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 12:16 am

miyu wrote:

Doesn't "to get choreography for his new programs from Tatiana Tarasova" mean that she will choreograph new programs for him?? scratch scratch

It does but there was also this...

Quote :
Lysacek maintains he's going to continue to work with Lori Nichol, who choreographed both his programs this past season.

This implies that he's still going to work with Lori. Now looking at the article as a whole, it seems that Tarasova will be doing his programs but Lori might have a little input.

miyu wrote:
Maybe my English is poor to understand the true meaning of it.bounce

Your English is fine, miyu. The quote you referred to has an obvious meaning. It's just that some sentences in the article seem to indicate that Lori Nichol will still be involved somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel changes coach   Lambiel changes coach Empty

Back to top Go down

Lambiel changes coach
Page 1 of 1