Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"be" Asahi Newspaper on May 12th, 2007

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

"be" Asahi Newspaper on May 12th, 2007 Empty
PostSubject: "be" Asahi Newspaper on May 12th, 2007   "be" Asahi Newspaper on May 12th, 2007 EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 12:36 pm

Daisuke is featuring on the "be" Asashi News paper on May, 5th, 12th, and 19th.
http://www.be.asahi.com/home.html (in Japanese)

"be" on May 12th, 2007 "Hardtime after won the Jr. Worlds in 2002"

On March, 2002, Daisuke Takahashi won the Jr. Wolrds at first time as Japanese men. He was so excited and said " I won the medal and made a history." innocently, however, he didn't know that he would have hardtime at that time. After Jr. Wolrds, his program needed quad jump in relation with old rule 6.0 scores. As he began to practice a quad jump, so that he could not jump even 3A which he could at Jr. because of his adolescence.

And Daisuke and his coach Utako Nagamitsu went to overseas for appropriate solution. When Daisuke has met Utakao at the summer 1999, she substituted for coach that he asked a program. Utako won a Jr. Japan Championships ladies and became a coach after graduated university. She met the only one who could be a top at first time. After they have been looking for famouse coaches for Daisuke at Canada, USA on August, 2003, they lived at hotel in Russia for four months. They had no relation with Russians and had no amusement there. Daisuke commented "I wasn't scared, because she stayed with me." As a result, they replaced the practice place to Japan from Russia.

On April, 2004, Daisuke became a student of Kansai University. Every students has enjoyed their university life, however, Daisuke had no enjoyable thing but only skating. Daisuke added "University students has free to go everywhere and play with friends on Saturday and Sunday that day I practiced. I thought that I should enjoy like other students, not skating and I said myself why I have to skate?". At last, one day on Summer, 2004, he has leaving home and watched sea of Kobe all day. Daisuke said " I thought that I would quit skating, however, it was very hard to stop my skating life according to my intention. Because many people supported me to skate before." Gradually, he didn't have motivation for skating and it made him to deliver disappointed results on competitions afterwords.

"Recognized enjoyable skating at show"

While Daisuke struggled his life, Utako has saved his skating life. After Japan Championships 2004, it had an exhibition by medalists. Even though Daisuke has no approval to attend the exhibition, Utako negotiated with boards members of JOC and won a approval for his assignment. Utako has noticed his gift when she met at first time. She mentioned "He was gifted and he can be top of the world. If Daisuke quit his skating life, it would be my responsibility. That's why I forced him to attend the exhibition." As Daisuke has opposed attending the show and thought that he didn't like special treatment, Utako was very angry with his attitude. Daisuke remembered "She was so angry that I never seen before."

At the exhibition, he performed "Nocturne" by Secret Garden which he choreographed by himself and it made him to change his mind. "It wasn't very hard to move and felt free. And I noticed that I enjoyed skating." After all, Daisuke recognized that he had a skating life again.

朝日新聞の土曜の"be"という新聞の「逆風満帆」というコラムに高橋大輔選手の記事が3度にわたって
掲載されていましたので、5月12日の記事を抜粋して紹介します。

"be" 「逆風満帆」 高橋大輔 「厚かったシニアの壁」

2002年3月、高橋大輔は初出場の世界ジュニア選手権で、日本男子としては初の優勝を飾った。「勝っちゃった。歴史を作っちゃった。」無邪気に喜んだのもつかの間、翌シーズンから、シニアの厚い壁にぶつかった。6点満点による採点の時代。勝つには4回転ジャンプが必要だった。だが、成長期の高橋が4回転を練習し始めると飛べていたはずのトリプルアクセルも飛べなくなった。

救いを求め、長光歌子コーチと二人は海外に飛び出した。高橋が長光コーチと出会ったのは99年夏、プログラムを頼んでいたコーチの代理だった。長光コーチは元全日本ジュニアの女王で大学卒業後にはコーチに転身した。世界のトップで戦える選手は高橋が初めてだった。二人はカナダ、米国、ロシアで有名コーチを訪ね歩き、2003年8月から4ヶ月間、ロシアで暮らした。言葉も通じず、娯楽も無い。
「先生が一緒だから怖くなっかった。」結局、彼らは練習拠点をロシアから日本に移した。

2004年、高橋は関西大学の学生となった。「大学生は自由に行動できるし、土日も友達と遊べる。スケートよりもっと楽しいことがあるじゃんって。」周囲の学生は皆、キャンパスライフを満喫し楽しそうだ。何故、自分はスケートをしているのか? 夏には家出をして神戸の海を1日中見つめていたこともある。「辞めたくても、自分の意思で辞められないのが辛かった。」彼が次第にモチベーションを無くすにつれ、試合の結果も酷いものとなった。

「ショーで楽しさ確認」

そんな高橋を救ったのが長光だった。2004年の全日本選手権のエキシビションは上位選手によって行われ、高橋には出場資格はなかった。長光は日本スケート連盟の幹部に掛け合い、出演を許可してもらった。長光も必死だった。「誰もが持っているわけではないものが彼にはある。いつか世界の表彰台に上がれる。大輔がスケートを辞めたら私の責任、ねじ伏せてでも出そうと思った。」
そんな思いを知らない高橋は反発し、長光と押し問答になった。特別扱いは嫌だ。「あんなに怒った先生は初めてだった。」
そのショーで、高橋は自ら振付けたシークレットガーデンの「ノクターン」を滑った。滑るうちに彼の気持ちが変わった。
「しんどくないし、自由に動けた。滑るのって楽しいなって。」
自分にはスケートしかない。そう、再確認できた。

2004年に彼が辞めていたらと思うと、今の成長した彼の姿は見れなかったでしょう。
高橋選手にとって長光コーチの存在は大きいですね。長光コーチから高橋選手へのメールに「(試合の)結果がどうであれ、いつも一緒にいます。」という言葉がありましたが、こういう言葉を贈る方が高橋選手の周囲にいて支えてくれるのは素晴らしい事ですね。 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/

"be" Asahi Newspaper on May 12th, 2007
Page 1 of 1