Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008

Go down 
+6
joyuk
miyu
swandie
glorydave
Roko
Leode
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 Empty
PostSubject: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 4:11 pm

"STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008"

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/soi/

1)01/12/2008(Sat)~01/14/2008(Mon)

Place: Namihaya Dome in Osaka

2) 01/18/2008(Fri)~01/20/2008(Sun)
Place: Yoyogi National Gymnasium in Tokyo
Expected to participate

Guest: Daisuke Takahashi, Shizuka Arakawa, Miki Ando

Stars On Ice members:
Alexei Yagudin, Todd Eldredge, Michael Weiss, Takeshi Honda, Yuka Sato, Sasha Cohen, Jennifer Robinson, Kyoko Ina & John Zimmerman, Shen Xue & Hongbo Zhao, Marie-France Dubreuil & Patrice Lauzon

Wow, only at Tokyo, Evgeni Plushenko and Ekaterina Gordeeva will also attend this show!!
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 12:05 pm

I was there on Jan 12. Daisuke did Swan Lake. Before slst, he did layback spin instead of sit spin. Jumps were perfect, steps were great, no complaint, but his face did not look healthy... maybe tired? My seat was in the 3rd row and saw his 3A from really close. How come he can jump so high?

Mai Asada, Mao Asada and Kozuka also performed as surprise guest skaters.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi Roko! Very Happy
I hope you enjoyed at Stars on Ice!

Quote :
Before slst, he did layback spin instead of sit spin.

I saw this also at Japan Super Challenge... and I love his layback spins!!!
Do you think he has really changed the program or maybe an other sit spin is too tiring for an exhibition?

Quote :
Jumps were perfect, steps were great, no complaint, but his face did not look healthy... maybe tired?

I hope all these galas don't fatigue Daisuke too much... he has to be in great form for 4CC.

Quote :
My seat was in the 3rd row and saw his 3A from really close. How come he can jump so high?
YES! This is always my question when I see his 3A. Very Happy

GO DAISUKE!!!
Back to top Go down
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi glorydave. Thanks! I enjoyed SOI! Very Happy

I guess he does layback just for EX.

Deep sit spin is cool thing to do, but when it comes to beauty, layback is more romantic, stunning, breath taking, chilling, gorgeous...... I think he could earn level 4 with combination of various fast laybacks. I would like to see them in competition more often. bounce
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 12:17 am

Hi Roko! I'm glad you got to see Daisuke live and that you enjoyed the show. 3rd row...what a good seat! And I love your avatar!

I agree that his layback is gorgeous! As far as I know, he's the only man that does one.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 3:39 pm

Thank you Roko!!
I envy you! I've just seen TV broadcasting today. It was a wonderful show!!
Roko wrote:
I think he could earn level 4 with combination of various fast laybacks. I would like to see them in competition more often.
Yeah, I love Dai-chan's layback too. We have to ask it Nikolai! Haha. Razz Razz

I was also impressed by Takashi's performance. He skated to Nyah. At first I thought "Oh. This is Da-chan's music." But Takeshi's Nyah was very different from Dai-chan's. Very adult and passionate Nyah.

In this TV progaram Nikolai noted his top 3 choreograph. They were Dai-chan's Hip Hop Swan Lake, Shizuka's Turandot, Yagdin's Winter.
Yay!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
joyuk
1A
1A

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 12:01 pm

This is my second comment after introducing myself, but I'd like to report the SOI show I went - on the 18th in Tokyo.
It was a wonderful show overall, but I'll just note Dai-chan's performance as I cannot make it short even just about him...lol!

I was at the arena (in the 14th row so not so close but not too bad at all). Daisuke did Swan Lake, and it was really really beautiful and gorgeous! He did perfect and solid 3F-3T, 3A, and 3Lz and showed that beautiful layback spin before SlSt, just in front of us. His 3F-3T and 3Lz were also done at our side, so I was sooo excited to see them close on live!! His jumps were unbelievablly high as Roko mentioned...
He didn't look tired even in his last steps, so I think we can see the perfect and more exciting SP at Four Continents and the Worlds!
One another impression - when I saw him on live with that Swan Lake costume, I thought he was like a mirror ball, literally sparkling in the colourful lights, and that ball bouncing up on the ice especially during his ClSt! bounce
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Thank you Roko and joyuk for your reports! I'm glad you both got to enjoy Dai's performance!

Even if I wish that Dai would also perform Bachelorette from time to time, I guess it's good that he's done so many perfect performances of Swan Lake already, it must give him a lot of confidence... If he screws up the jumps at Worlds, I'm going to scream!!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 5:56 pm

"STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008"
01/20/2008(Sun) 14:00
Place: Yoyogi National Gymnasium in Tokyo

Here is my report from "Stars on Ice 2008" at Tokyo in Japan. Yoyogi National Gymnasium is a large place(11,500 people). It was very cold today, however, I had a chance to see great show and it made me hot!!

ACT 1
"Simply Irresistible", "Some Like It Hot", "Addicted To Love" Robert Palmer Medley
Stars on Ice members

Wow, what a great members!! New SOI member, Takeshi Honda performed "Addicted To Love" like Robert Palmer's video clip with girls.

The Soldiers
Evgeny Plushenko

The audience was surprised that he is a first performer.
It seemed that Evgeny's knee is getting recovering better since I saw him at "Christmas On Ice" and he jumped 2A、2Lz and 3T. His step improved more. I'm looking forward to seeing him at competitions.

"1000 Miles Away"/ Jewel
Yuka Sato

Her skating and steps is always beautiful. I like her footwork very much.

"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"/ Monty Python's Spamalot
Todd Eldredge

I never tired of his skating. His skating is always great and keeping his speed until end of performance. Every time I see him, I like him more.

"You Raise Me Up" /Celtic Woman
Ekaterina Gordeeva

She is so graceful and elegant. Her each movements were very beautiful and moved me.

"Feeling Good"/ Michael Buble
Shen & Zhao

They are gorgeous pair and their great expressions always moved me.

"Hero"/ Enrique Iglesias
Michael Weiss
I thought he was wild, but his performance is so elegant and nice.

"Shine on you Crazy Diamond"/ Steve Lukather
Kyoko Ina & John Zimmerman
At first, I didn't recognize them when I saw them, because they looked so younger after the "Friends on Ice".
Their combination was so perfect and the audience was surprised their lifting.

"Anytime, Anywhere"/ Sarah Brightman
Sasha Cohen

One of reasons that I wanted to see this show was Sasha. Because I've never seen him at live before. She is very cute and her flexibility of body is awesome!

"Bensonhurst Blues"/ Oscar Benton
Alexei Yagudin
I couldn't believe that I saw Alexei and Evgeny at same show. A lot of his fans came this show and they were excited his performance. I enjoyed his new image very much. Alexei said on pamphlet of SOI, "I'm getting recovering now. My replacement at hip joint was bad at fist, however, everything is O.K. for me now." I'm glad to hear that!

"Hard Steels is Back"/ Various Artists
Stars on Ice members
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 6:00 pm

ACT 2
"Nessun Dorma"/ Amici Foever / Dubreuil & Lauzon, Ina & Zimmerman, Shen & Zhao
They were so gorgeous and elegant!!

"Hit me with a Hot Note" / Tami Tappan Damiano
Jennifer Robinson

She is very cute and got a rhythm. I also enjoyed his acting as an interviewer.

"Nyah" / Hans Zimmer
Takeshi Honda

I remembered Daisuke's "Nyah", however, Takeshi's performance was good and he improved his expression since he became a professional figure skater.

"She's Always a Woman"/ Billy Joel
Dubreuil & Lauzon

I love this song very much and they performed it and represented this tune perfectly.

"Save a Horse"/ Big & Rich
Michael Weiss

I think that it is hard to find a figure skater like him who is so sexy and wild these days. His edge skating is so amazing and fun!!

"Adagio"/ Lara Fabian
Shen & Zhao
They were very beautiful and their each movements were also perfect!

"Swing with Me"/ Jessica Simpson
Yuka Sato
I prefer this song for Yuka. Her skating and footwork go with a blight song like this.

"Handcuffs"/ Claudette Ortiz
Miki Ando

She is very cute and sexy. I heard that this program was stimulated her to have motivation for competitions. I was glad to see that she enjoyed her skating at this program.

"Pretty Vegas"/ Steve Lukather
Kyoko Ina & John Zimmerman
Their liftings were amazing!!

"Imagine"/ Avril Lavigne
Sasha Cohen

I prefer to hear John Lennon's Imagine, however, Sasha is always cute and her spiral is awesome!!

"Swan Lake" Daisuke Takahashi
Daisuke looked a little bit tired. His 2nd jump of 3F-3T was little bit shaky and also he couldn't keep his valance at his spins after 3 jumps. But the audience was very excited that he jumped very beautiful, high 3A and 3Lz. I'm very glad to see his jumps of short program again at live. He always smiled to everyone. After his performance Yuka came into the rink and said to Daisuke, "Did you see the standing ovation from audience?" he said to them "Yes, thank you very much." And she added "I'm looking forward to seeing your performance at Worlds 2008!" Daisuke waved hand to the crowds like replying "YES!!"

"Listen"/ Beyonce
Shizuka Arakawa

She is very totaly well-balanced skater. Her performance was also beautiful and gorgeous!! She jumped 3T-3T that was cool!! At most of all, the crowds was very excited her performance. I was very impressed her elegant expression so much.

"Make a Memory"/ Bon Jovi
Stars on Ice members

That's all, thanks for reading! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Many thanks for your reports, Roko and joyuk ! Very Happy
I enjoyed to reading about Daisuke's performance. I went to the show on today. Pls read my report, thanks!

MissC wrote:
I guess it's good that he's done so many perfect performances of Swan Lake already, it must give him a lot of confidence...
Yeah, right. I also hope that he performs "Romeo and Juliet" completely.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 12:40 am

Thank you joyuk and Leode for your report!
I always like reading about your impressions! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 12:19 pm

Thanks a lot for your reports, joyuk & Leode!! Very Happy Very Happy
Very gougeous show!!

Even though he got tired, he could get a lot of energy and confidence (and presents? Razz ) from the audience like you to compete for the rest of games!
Go Dai-chan!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 11:48 am

The Tokyo performance was sooooo cool! It was amazing to be able to see Plushenko and Gordeeva, two absolute legends, in the flesh! Although Gordeeva fluffed a jump, her overall grace and beautiful lines were gorgeous. I was also WAY impressed with Shizuka Arakawa's performance - she was just shining, so graceful and happy, and her jumps were fab as well. Miki Ando also did a great routine and appeared very relaxed and confident.

But of course the real reason I went was to see Dai-chan, and he didn't disappoint. He did his Hakucho mizumi (hip hop version) SP, and didn't really water it down, so it was an amazing spectacle. I was very fortunate to have a front row seat, and it was wonderful to see his performance up close. I even got to shake his hand and exchange smiles at the end when all the skaters did their skate-by to meet the fans.

A very special night. Thanks, Dai-chan for making it an experience I'll remember with joy forever!
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi nipponophile!
Thank you for sharing your impressions with us! Very Happy
You were very lucky to be so close to the icerink!
I saw the end of the gala on web and I found this moment very nice!
I'm sure it was a very special night!
Back to top Go down
yerina
1A
1A
yerina

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:37 pm

Wow, Thanks so much everybody for reports!
It seems this SOI was really facinating show! Very Happy
Daisuke,Shizuka,Katia,Takeshi,Yagudin,Plushenko....... Shocked
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 4:07 am

A big thank you to Leode, Roko, joyuk, and nipponophile for giving your fantastic impressions/reports of the Stars on Ice events!!! flower

Your reports were super enjoyable and entertaning to read. I really hope I can attend one of these events too some day!

The show on the 20th at Yoyogi National Gymnasium in Tokyo seems really amazing with Yagudin, Plushenko, Shen & Zhao, Cohen, Gordeeva, Yuka Sato, Shizuka, etc. who are all such wonderful champions there at the same time.

I also wonder what Yagudin and Plushenko, two legendary champions and Daisuke's idols, think of Daisuke's skating. Cool

I would love to see Daisuke do more of his beautiful laybacks in competition as well (it's so rare to see male skaters do them). However I think he probably might not get the maximum points or levels by doing them, so they are not a part of his programs as much.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 10:00 am

Hi, DTFF members, you're always welcome.

UMgal wrote:
I would love to see Daisuke do more of his beautiful laybacks in competition as well (it's so rare to see male skaters do them). However I think he probably might not get the maximum points or levels by doing them, so they are not a part of his programs as much.
Yeah, right. Daisuke also knows that his fan would like to see it. That's why he performed it at Galas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008   STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

STARS on ICE Japan Tour 2008
Page 1 of 1