Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Staviiski: I Am Ready to Accept Any Sentence

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yukisnowflake
1A
1A
yukisnowflake

Number of posts : 225
Localisation : London Canada (country of the Battle of the Blades)
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Staviiski: I Am Ready to Accept Any Sentence Empty
PostSubject: Staviiski: I Am Ready to Accept Any Sentence   Staviiski: I Am Ready to Accept Any Sentence EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 5:05 pm

Bulgaria's ice-dancing champion Maxim Staviiski told reporters on Wednesday he is ready to accept any kind of sentence that could be imposed on him over causing the deadly crash, which killed one man last month.

"I am very sorry about the accident. I do not wish even to my enemies to experience what I am going through now," Staviiski said before entering the building of the Regional Prosecutor's Office in the city of Burgas.

The skater added he is not allowed to give more details concerning the course of investigation.

"I do my best to help Manuela Gorsova, who is still in a coma, from the very first moment and I acquire information about her condition every day," Staviiski said in answer to questions concerning the 19-year-old girl, who has suffered the most serious injuries in the crash.

Maxim Staviiski has been officially charged with negligent manslaughter and causing aggravated bodily harm of a person, while under the influence of alcohol. The bill of indictment emphasizes that Maxim helped the victims after the crash.

On September 5 Maxim Staviiski, was granted a bail of BGN 2000. He was banned from leaving Bulgaria because of the grave crime that he committed.

Suspicions of a cover-up are surrounding the investigation into last month's crash on a bridge near the Black Sea city of Burgas that killed one man and injured another three.

The case was assigned not to one but to three prosecutors in a row and Staviiski was questioned for the first time a whole month after the deadly crash.

The crash, between skater's Hummer sport utility vehicle and two cars, occurred August 5 on a bridge near the Black Sea city of Burgas.

Staviiski veered into the opposite lane and bumped headlong into a Honda Civic with four people riding in it. The driver of the Honda Petar Petrov, 24, died in a hospital and one of his passengers - a 19-year-old Manuela Gorsova - was hospitalised in a coma.

The blood alcohol test has shown that Staviiski had 1.1 permilles of alcohol in his blood. The legal driving limit in Bulgaria is 0.5.

26 September 2007, Wednesday

source: Sofia News Agency
Back to top Go down

Staviiski: I Am Ready to Accept Any Sentence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum :: News, Topics, Schedule, Profile and others :: General Skating News-
Jump to: